Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

5 posters

the twilight is upon me

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue35/35the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Empty Re: the twilight is upon me

Post  Chris Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:05 am

Small darts of pure Force streak through the air and finish off the Bombarier Beetle formerly located around M-58.  It's dead husk crashes to the ground (using miss table for thrown objects) and lands at N-60 splattering like a bug on the windshield and creating a puddle of oil, catching its pilot in the field.

at 15, Necron Warriors take their turns.  
    4 in the bottom map, readjust their positions and READY an action to fire on any new threat.

1 moves north onto map 2, on the right and fires at Brick, but rolls a 13, misses

2 fire at Korvaq, on the left, rolling 14 and 20, for 1 hit from a disintegration rifle

Korvaq takes
    Roll(3d6)+0:
    6,6,6,+0
    Total:18 damage

A clever Necron at H-45 takes a double move as noted in the yellow arrows.  It runs diagonally forward, through the oil field, coating himself in oil.  It then turns north for 10ft and ignites itself on the wall of fire, taking damage.  It then doubles back to the oil field and in a feat of self immolation, ignites himself (again) and the oil field.  It slumps to the ground afterwards, smoldering.

Korvaq is now burning and takes
    Roll(2d4)+0:
    4,2,+0
    Total:6 FIRE damage (minus any resistance)

FIRE fields block LoS

at 14, the swirling winds form into a humanoid tornado as an air elemental joins the fight.

the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Air_el10

maps updated

the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Slide126
    the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Slide229
    the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Slide327

Chris wrote:
    ROUND 3 - FIGHT!

Korvaq 21
    Argul 18, Wasps DELAY
    NECRON Warriors 15, 4 READY
    Zang\Skree, Rhino, Air Elemental  14
    Rasso 14
    Cmdr Ignis 10
    Repair swarms 10
    Brick 5
    Necron Pilots + Flying Bombadier Beetles  1

Zang, Skree, Rhino and AE are up
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:04 am

So I've been unable to access the Paizo site for the last day. It just gets stuck on connecting... very frustrating. I will post tonight when I get home and can look at my books.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue35/35the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:34 am

Robyo wrote:So I've been unable to access the Paizo site for the last day. It just gets stuck on connecting... very frustrating. I will post tonight when I get home and can look at my books.

I had that problem too, briefly, but its working fine now. I couldn't use the search function, but if I clicked on the links directly, I could access all the books
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue60/112the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:42 am

Any "FALLING" dmg for the beetle pilot?

Falling
    Creatures that fall take 1d6 points of damage per 10 feet fallen, to a maximum of 20d6. Creatures that take lethal damage from a fall land in a prone position.

If a character deliberately jumps instead of merely slipping or falling, the damage is the same but the first 1d6 is nonlethal damage. A DC 15 Acrobatics check allows the character to avoid any damage from the first 10 feet fallen and converts any damage from the second 10 feet to nonlethal damage. Thus, a character who slips from a ledge 30 feet up takes 3d6 damage. If the same character deliberately jumps, he takes 1d6 points of nonlethal damage and 2d6 points of lethal damage. And if the character leaps down with a successful Acrobatics check, he takes only 1d6 points of nonlethal damage and 1d6 points of lethal damage from the plunge.

Falls onto yielding surfaces (soft ground, mud) also convert the first 1d6 of damage to nonlethal damage. This reduction is cumulative with reduced damage due to deliberate jumps and the Acrobatics skill.

A character cannot cast a spell while falling, unless the fall is greater than 500 feet or the spell is an immediate action, such as feather fall. Casting a spell while falling requires a concentration check with a DC equal to 20 + the spell's level. Casting teleport or a similar spell while falling does not end your momentum, it just changes your location, meaning that you still take falling damage, even if you arrive atop a solid surface.

Falling into Water: Falls into water are handled somewhat differently. If the water is at least 10 feet deep, the first 20 feet of falling do no damage. The next 20 feet do nonlethal damage (1d3 per 10-foot increment). Beyond that, falling damage is lethal damage (1d6 per additional 10-foot increment).

Characters who deliberately dive into water take no damage on a successful DC 15 Swim check or DC 15 Acrobatics check, so long as the water is at least 10 feet deep for every 30 feet fallen. The DC of the check, however, increases by 5 for every 50 feet of the dive.

Falling Objects
    Table: Damage from Falling Objects
    Object Size Damage
    Small 2d6
    Medium 3d6
    Large 4d6
    Huge 6d6
    Gargantuan 8d6
    Colossal 10d6
    Just as characters take damage when they fall more than 10 feet, so too do they take damage when they are hit by falling objects.

Objects that fall upon characters deal damage based on their size and the distance they have fallen. Table: Damage from Falling Objects determines the amount of damage dealt by an object based on its size. Note that this assumes that the object is made of dense, heavy material, such as stone. Objects made of lighter materials might deal as little as half the listed damage, subject to GM discretion. For example, a Huge boulder that hits a character deals 6d6 points of damage, whereas a Huge wooden wagon might deal only 3d6 damage. In addition, if an object falls less than 30 feet, it deals half the listed damage. If an object falls more than 150 feet, it deals double the listed damage. Note that a falling object takes the same amount of damage as it deals.

Dropping an object on a creature requires a ranged touch attack. Such attacks generally have a range increment of 20 feet. If an object falls on a creature (instead of being thrown), that creature can make a DC 15 Reflex save to halve the damage if he is aware of the object. Falling objects that are part of a trap use the trap rules instead of these general guidelines.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:51 pm

MAS wrote:Any "FALLING" dmg for the beetle pilot?

the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Pencil10

already calculated, thank you very much afro

Chris wrote:
    Argul clobbers the beetle who cartwheels through the air in an ungainly fashion.  The Necron pilot tries in vain to stay mounted and falls 30ft to the ground with a crunch like stepping on an old beer can.  It is still functioning, but it is badly damaged.  The Beetle is VERY badly hurt, but not out of the fight.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue60/112the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:18 pm

Damn right I'm pencil whipping every last potential point of damage out of the very few options I have, lol!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:26 pm

MAS wrote:Damn right I'm pencil whipping every last potential point of damage out of the very few options I have, lol!

the party is actually doing quite well, imo. you've barely used your xeno-adds and only taken some damage (which can be healed). You've stymied their main advance of the fire lines, knocked out several of the 'deadly' units and subverted their Bishop Ignis.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:30 pm

Josh - are you ready to send your Facehuggers to Ignis?

Given what has happened, are you still sending 1 mob? It will take a double move (40ft spd) to get there, so it won't be able to impregnate until next turn. There are 2 Necrons with READIED actions who could shoot any "new threat" that emerges.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue19/19the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1/0the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:37 pm

"when you can't win, cheat"

anyway...

Chris, just to ask, does that disintegration rifle do fire damage like my disrupter? I should have asked this earlier

Face-huggers - given that the attacks did little to phase Korvaq, he will keep his wits and NOT have the Face huggers go until ordered.

The self-immolating beetle dies a horrible death and does nothing to Korvaq who has 20 pts. of Fire Resistance. He is also not on fire

If the rifle shot that hit Korvaq is not fire damage, Korvaq will use his once per day Vambraces of Defense to deflect that shot.

MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm

Chris wrote:
    MAS wrote:Damn right I'm pencil whipping every last potential point of damage out of the very few options I have, lol!

the party is actually doing quite well, imo.  you've barely used your xeno-adds and only taken some damage (which can be healed).  You've stymied their main advance of the fire lines, knocked out several of the 'deadly' units and subverted their Bishop Ignis.

C'mon man, you know well and good that Argul isn't flying around punching people and throwing Magic Missiles because it's the Psychic Class's strong suite, but because this encounter nerfs 99% of the Psychic Class ability tree and spell list by buffing your mobs with an extra +4 save against mind effects.

Yo dawg -

the twilight is upon me - Page 4 21f66dd41b69d3bc1f511531669a26527be5129e331d2bf89af5efa100295ac7
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:54 pm

whit10 wrote:"when you can't win, cheat"

Are you stating that you believe I am attempting to "cheat" Josh?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue19/19the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1/0the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:58 pm

lol... I was poking fun at you.

the twilight is upon me - Page 4 A1c2fe10
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:13 pm

I'm on the Serengeti plain, like -

the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Image
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:05 pm

whit10 wrote:"when you can't win, cheat"

anyway...

Chris, just to ask, does that disintegration rifle do fire damage like my disrupter? I should have asked this earlier
    Face-huggers - given that the attacks did little to phase Korvaq, he will keep his wits and NOT have the Face huggers go until ordered.
    The self-immolating beetle dies a horrible death and does nothing to Korvaq who has 20 pts. of Fire Resistance. He is also not on fire
    If the rifle shot that hit Korvaq is not fire damage, Korvaq will use his once per day Vambraces of Defense to deflect that shot.

Disintegration rifle does "disintegration" damage as a type, like the ray (only fewer dice)

NO facehuggers will swarm Ignis right now

self-immolator was just a Necron, not a beetle. He "dies" as much as he can. Korvaq IS on fire, however, or more precisely, the OIL in which Korvaq is coated is burning, though it may not do any damage to him.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:23 pm

MAS wrote:
    C'mon man, you know well and good that Argul isn't flying around punching people and throwing Magic Missiles because it's the Psychic Class's strong suite, but because this encounter nerfs 99% of the Psychic Class ability tree and spell list by buffing your mobs with an extra +4 save against mind effects.

only the Necrons have those bonuses, not the beetles or Ignis. Are you scared of a little old +4 to saves? Sad

Have you seen their saves? SPOILER ALERT - they suck (and have 23 HP, as a 4HD mob)
    FORT +1, REF +0, WILL +6 (that's +2 with the bonuses)

MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:28 pm

Chris wrote:
    MAS wrote:

only the Necrons have those bonuses, not the beetles or Ignis.  Are you scared of a little old +4 to saves?  Sad

Have you seen their saves? SPOILER ALERT - they suck (and have 23 HP, as a 4HD mob)
    FORT +1, REF +0, WILL +6 (that's +2 with the bonuses)

Your description of the event left me unclear as to whether the pilot took dmg, so I asked, if thats pencil whipping ok then.

Tactically - I'm not going to waste the good stuff on low lvl mobs (especially ones with a higher resistance to my effects) or expose myself to unneeded risk. Hence, limited options.

Game on...
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:01 pm

OK, seems to be working now.. Glad I'm not the only one experiencing technical difficulties! Funny how reliant one becomes to the online data base. And I don't like to be. 4E had a similar problem with it's character builder. All the crunch was there, so no reason to buy books. However, in a play-by-post situation, cut and paste is quite helpful. Also is the map! Kudos GM!

The air elemental belts into song: "When you're a Jett, you're a Jett all the way. From your first cigarette, to your last dyin' day." Moves downward to the the beetle w/ necron rider. Proceeds to turn into a whirlwind, 20' tall. The base doesn't touch the ground. "When you’re a Jett, let them do what they can. You got brothers around, you’re a family man!"

Beetle and rider need to make 2 REF saves DC 18, for coming into contact and being held. Damage: 6 + 4 = 10. I don't think the beetle is small enough to take damage, but can still be held.

Whirlwind (Su) Some creatures can transform themselves into whirlwinds and remain in that form for up to 1 round for every 2 HD they have. If the creature has a fly speed, it can continue to fly at that same speed while in whirlwind form, otherwise it gains a fly speed equal to its base land speed (average maneuverability) while in whirlwind form.
    The whirlwind is always 5 feet wide at its base, but its height and width at the top vary from creature to creature (minimum 10 feet high). A whirlwind's width at its peak is always equal to half of its height. The creature controls the exact height, but it must be at least 10 feet high.
    The whirlwind form does not provoke attacks of opportunity, even if the creature enters the space another creature occupies. Another creature might be caught in the whirlwind if it touches or enters the whirlwind, or if the whirlwind moves into or through a creature's space. A creature in whirlwind form cannot make its normal attacks and does not threaten the area around it.
    Creatures one or more size categories smaller than the whirlwind might take damage when caught in the whirlwind (generally damage equal to the monster's slam attack for a creature of its size) and may be lifted into the air. An affected creature must succeed on a Reflex save (DC 10 + half monster's HD + the monster's Strength modifier) when it comes into contact with the whirlwind or take damage as if it were hit by the whirlwind creature's slam attack. It must also succeed on a second Reflex save or be picked up bodily and held suspended in the powerful winds, automatically taking the indicated damage each round. A creature that can fly is allowed a Reflex save each round to escape the whirlwind. The creature still takes damage but can leave if the save is successful.
    Creatures trapped in the whirlwind cannot move except to go where the whirlwind carries them or to escape the whirlwind. Trapped creatures can otherwise act normally, but must succeed on a concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) to cast a spell. Creatures caught in the whirlwind take a –4 penalty to Dexterity and a –2 penalty on attack rolls. The whirlwind can have only as many creatures trapped inside at one time as will fit inside the whirlwind's volume. The whirlwind can eject any carried creatures whenever it wishes as a free action, depositing them in its space.
    If the whirlwind's base touches the ground, it creates a swirling cloud of debris. This cloud is centered on the creature and has a diameter equal to half the whirlwind's height. The cloud obscures all vision, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. Creatures 5 feet away have concealment, while those farther away have total concealment. Those caught in the cloud of debris must succeed on a concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) to cast a spell.
    Format: whirlwind (3/day, 10–30 ft. high, 1d6+6 damage, DC 15); Location: Special Attacks.

From behind the temple wall, Zang casts a spell 50' outside. Summon Nature's Ally IV:
    (Medium) Water Elemental!
    N Medium outsider (elemental, extraplanar, water)
    Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5
    Defense
    AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 16 (+1 Dex, +6 natural)
    hp 30 (4d10+8 )
    Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +1
    Immune elemental traits
    Offense
    Speed 20 ft., swim 90 ft.
    Melee slam +7 (1d8+4)
    Special Attacks drench, vortex (DC 15), water mastery
    Statistics
    Str 16, Dex 12, Con 15, Int 4, Wis 11, Cha 11
    Base Atk +4; CMB +7; CMD 18
    Feats Cleave, Power Attack
    Skills Acrobatics +6, Escape Artist +6, Knowledge (planes) +2, Perception +5, Stealth +6, Swim +16
    Large Water Elemental

The queen shouts, "No lemonade for Rasso! Bad Rasso!"

Skree and Ralph hold actions. Trigger: threat zone.

Zangulor the Druid
    AC: 23, SR: 21, CMD: 20
    HP: 93/93
    Pass Perc: 23
    Move: 30', Fly 30'
    Initiative:+4 (DEX 14)
    Buff: Scales (+2 AC)
    Spell slots used/level: 2/5th, 1/4th
    Hero points remaining: 9

Skree the Velociraptor
    AC: 24, CMD: 25
    HP: 126/126
    PPerc: 16
    Move: 60'
    Init: w/Zang (DEX 20)

Ralph the Wooly Rhino
    AC: 19, CMD: 26 (30 vs. trip)
    HP: 104/104
    PPerc: 25
    Move: 30'
    Init: w/Zang (DEX 10)

Jett the Air Elemental
    AC:21, CMD: 31
    HP: 104/104
    PPerc: 21
    Move: 100' fly
    Init: w/Zang (DEX 25)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:49 pm

Robyo wrote:
    The air elemental belts into song: "When you're a Jett, you're a Jett all the way. From your first cigarette, to your last dyin' day." Moves downward to the the beetle w/ necron rider. Proceeds to turn into a whirlwind, 20' tall. The base doesn't touch the ground. "When you’re a Jett, let them do what they can. You got brothers around, you’re a family man!"

Beetle and rider need to make 2 REF saves DC 18, for coming into contact and being held. Damage: 6 + 4 = 10. I don't think the beetle is small enough to take damage, but can still be held.

[

lol! that's amazing!

Matt and I became friends during West Side Story at Starlight. Matt and I were both Sharks, "When you're a Shark, you're a Shark all the way. Who'd wanna be Jett, they're all fucking gay!"

Whirlwind - I can't quite make it a cone shape as a .jpg so it's just going to be 10x20 instead of really 5x20

Bombardier Beetle takes damage, but is not held.

Necron pilot takes damage and is now held in the whirlwind, separated from its mount.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:59 pm

at 14, Rasso takes an unseen action
    at 10, the Repair Swarms reactivate Necron at E-41 and I-63

map updated

the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Slide127
    the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Slide230
    the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Slide328

Chris wrote:
    ROUND 3 - FIGHT!

Korvaq 21
    Argul 18, Wasps DELAY
    Zang, Air Elemental  14,  Zang, Rhino DELAY
    Rasso 14
    Cmdr Ignis 10
    Repair swarms 10
    Brick 5

Brick is up
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue68/68the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:46 am

Biggun left will slip around the wall and spit acid at the swarm and necron on line 41.  21 dmg.

Biggun right will retreat 30' right and spit at the beetle and pilot.  15 dmg.

Brick Rockman will fly 4 squares towards the beetle near Korvaq, "I'm coming Qaj!". As a swift action Brick activates martial flexibility to gain vital strike. Blammo with power attack.

11+19-3+2=29 to hit
    Dmg 10+12+12+6+2+4 cold=46

If it doesn't drop, Brick will use sudden Attack to finish it off.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:46 am

navyik wrote:Biggun left will slip around the wall and spit acid at the swarm and necron on line 41.  21 dmg.

Biggun right will retreat 30' right and spit at the beetle and pilot.  15 dmg.

Brick Rockman will fly 4 squares towards the beetle near Korvaq, "I'm coming Qaj!". As a swift action Brick activates martial flexibility to gain vital strike. Blammo with power attack.

11+19-3+2=29 to hit
    Dmg 10+12+12+6+2+4 cold=46

If it doesn't drop, Brick will use sudden Attack to finish it off.

Sorry I wasn't more specific, Wall of Fire has a length of 200 ft (based on caster level).  It stretches nearly 50ft off both sides of the map.

Right side Biggun retreats and sprays the Beetle\Pilot with acid for a 2nd time.  Both are injured but still up.

Brick lands his trademark BLAMMO and crushes the bug, like... well... a bug!

The Beetle spirals to the ground and explodes into an oil field, which touches the fire field and ignites.  The Necron pilot takes falling damage and then catches fire.  It makes an electronic sound, like a toy running out of batteries as it crumples and burns.

map is updated, awaiting possible change for left-side Biggun

the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Slide128
    the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Slide231
    the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Slide329

Bombardier\Pilots are up next, just waiting on Alan
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue68/68the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:13 am

Left side biggun will double move to the edge of the fire wall and around as far as he can.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:40 am

navyik wrote:Left side biggun will double move to the edge of the fire wall and around as far as he can.

For the sake of keeping everything on the map, let's just say he double moves and gets around the wall and back on the map. I wish I could stack images side by side, but I can't seem to figure that out. making the main map smaller, which allows for more squares, just makes it all too small in my opinion.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:14 pm

at 4, the ground begins to rumble and shake violently.  an EARTHQUAKE centered on the illusion of the Queen topples the walls, the temple and opens up a 40ft fissure (effectively a PIT) in the ground!

the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Earthq10

Everyone on the ground in the affected area need to make 2 saves:

REFLEX DC 15 or fall prone
    REFLEX DC 20 or take falling damage from the fissures (5d6)

facehuggers have REF +5 save
    Bigguns have REF +4

the real queen falls, stays on her feet but takes some damage on the way down

also at 4, as if waiting for the Earthquake, a golden flash zooms past Brick to the north (25ft to his right, so out of AoO, I think).  Commander Valum is covered in golden-armored scales.  He swims through the air with a fluid grace that belies his great size. (double move + hero pt)

the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Sovere10

Commander Valum hovers in the air above the illusionary queen and blasts her and 2 guards with a cone of SONIC discordance.  Save DC 20 6d6 damage

Roll(6d6)+0:
    6,5,1,6,3,6,+0
    Total:27

Valum howls in rage as he realizes the queen is a decoy!

at 1, the Bombardier Beetle moves north and again sprays Brick's Biggun in oil.
    the other Beetle tries to move away from the Whirlwind air elemental to spray Brick's other biggun, but the AE gets an AoO as he moves out of his threat zone.

the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Slide129
    the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Slide236
    the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Slide330

ROUND 4!

Chris wrote:
    ROUND 4 - FIGHT!

Korvaq 21
    Argul 18, Wasps DELAY
    Rasso 14
    Cmdr Ignis 10
    Repair swarms 10
    Brick 5
    Cmdr Valum 4

waiting on Rob's AoO from AE, then Korvaq and Argul are up, if nobody wants to use a DELAY at the end of 3
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:35 pm

What is the deal with T-rexes and dragons popping out of the ground? Do they have the burrowing trait?

Can you draw the fissure or is it the whole circle? That would make it more of a crater, I think.

Jett (AE) makes a slam opportunity attack: 15 + 14 = 29; 5 + 4 = 9 damage.

Saves...

vs Falling:
    Zang: 1st) 8 + 7 = 15; 2nd) 1 + 7 = 8
    Skree: 2nd) 18 + 10 = 28; 2nd) 12 + 10 = 22
    Bigun 1: 1st) 10 + 4 = 14; 2nd) 19 + 4 = 23
    Bigun 2: 1st) 12 + 4 = 16; 2nd) 3 + 4 = 7
    Ralph (rhino): 10 + 6 = 16; 2nd) 17 + 6 = 23

vs Sonic:
    Bigun 1: 10 + 4 = 14; 27 damage
    Bigun 2: 1 + 4 = 27; 27 damage

* I didn't factor in prone penalty for #1, but they both failed anyways.

Whew! Too much work.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:37 pm

Are the Big bugs dead? If not, hell yeah they attack the dragon!
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:20 pm

Chris wrote:

Matt and I became friends during West Side Story at Starlight.  Matt and I were both Sharks, "When you're a Shark, you're a Shark all the way.  Who'd wanna be Jett, they're all fucking gay!"

ROFL! Thats a blast from the past. Now all be walking around snapping my fingers, looking for a gang fight all weekend, lol!

IIRC, our first gaming conversation was about using the "Predator" in Shadowrun...

Nice Gold Dragon pic for Commander Vallum, GM !
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:41 pm

Predator? Stop stealing my ideas!!! (that was the alternative character to Korvaq)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:40 am

Robyo wrote:What is the deal with T-rexes and dragons popping out of the ground? Do they have the burrowing trait?

Can you draw the fissure or is it the whole circle? That would make it more of a crater, I think.

Jett (AE) makes a slam opportunity attack: 15 + 14 = 29; 5 + 4 = 9 damage.

Saves...

vs Falling:
    Zang: 1st) 8 + 7 = 15; 2nd) 1 + 7 = 8
    Skree: 2nd) 18 + 10 = 28; 2nd) 12 + 10 = 22
    Bigun 1: 1st) 10 + 4 = 14; 2nd) 19 + 4 = 23
    Bigun 2: 1st) 12 + 4 = 16; 2nd) 3 + 4 = 7
    Ralph (rhino): 10 + 6 = 16; 2nd) 17 + 6 = 23

vs Sonic:
    Bigun 1: 10 + 4 = 14; 27 damage
    Bigun 2: 1 + 4 = 27; 27 damage

* I didn't factor in prone penalty for #1, but they both failed anyways.

Whew! Too much work.

Chris wrote:
    also at 4, as if waiting for the Earthquake, a golden flash zooms past Brick to the north (25ft to his right, so out of AoO, I think). Commander Valum is covered in golden-armored scales. He swims through the air with a fluid grace that belies his great size. (double move + hero pt)

The T-rex was buried under the temple, that's why the ground thumped a couple times before he popped up. The dragon flew very quickly (double move) out of the black hole.

A crater is more appropriate, you are correct. I guess in my mind, I saw it start as fissures that just kept opening up. And I didn't want to deal with a bunch of cracks. A crater it is!

Jett kills the beetle before it can get away!

falling damage from the crater - for those that failed 2nd save

Roll(5d6)+0:
    3,1,3,6,2,+0
    Total:15

Zang, Skree, Biggun2 and Rhino are on their feet
    Biggun1 is prone

Zang and Biggun2 take 15, the rest take 7
    Biggun 1 takes 27
    Biggun 2 takes 13

They have 150 to start, so they are still doing fine. Both can fire their tail blasts at Cmdr Valum!

roll 5d6 (its like a lightning bolt of acid)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:42 am

MAS wrote:
    IIRC, our first gaming conversation was about using the "Predator" in Shadowrun...

Nice Gold Dragon pic for Commander Vallum, GM !

I remember that! It was for Josh's game, I think.

Thanks! Rasso is hoping he dies a painful death, of course Twisted Evil
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:45 am

Before we go on to round 4....  facehuggers in crater need saves from Josh.  Biggun in the crater needs saves from Alan.

Any DELAY actions from Wasps or Facehuggers or Rhino?

Chris wrote:
    Korvaq 21
    Argul 18, Wasps DELAY
    Rasso 14
    Cmdr Ignis 10
    Repair swarms 10
    Brick 5
    Cmdr Valum 4
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:23 am

Unfortunately, no to movement.

Save: No idea where the stats were listed so here is a roll at least:

Roll(1d20)+0:
    17,+0
    Total:17

Roll(1d20)+0:
    11,+0
    Total:11

Let me know if you need more than those two rolls
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:36 am

whit10 wrote:Unfortunately, no to movement.

Save:  No idea where the stats were listed so here is a roll at least:

Roll(1d20)+0:
    17,+0
    Total:17

Roll(1d20)+0:
    11,+0
    Total:11

Let me know if you need more than those two rolls

Chris wrote:
    Everyone on the ground in the affected area need to make 2 saves:

REFLEX DC 15 or fall prone
    REFLEX DC 20 or take falling damage from the fissures (5d6)

facehuggers have REF +5 save
    Bigguns have REF +4

15 falling damage

both stay on their feet

I'll just roll for the damage - 1 takes 7 and 1 takes 15

MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:01 pm

WASPS decline to act this round.

Via Telepathic Link -

"Mr Korvaq, your little friends need to leave the tower, I will be relocating it soon. Do you want to direct them or shall I?"
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:07 pm

Korvaq thinks "we need to get them to the dead fire creature (efreet), by all means control them... I have my hands full"
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:27 am

Reflex. 8+4=12
    2+4=6
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:31 am

Chris wrote:
    They have 150 to start, so they are still doing fine.  Both can fire their tail blasts at Cmdr Valum!

#1) 6 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 5 = 21 damage
    #2) 3 + 4 + 4 + 3 + 6 = 20 damage
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:46 am

navyik wrote:Reflex. 8+4=12
    2+4=6

your other Biggun falls on his rump and takes 15 damage (I am tracking)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:52 am

Robyo wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    They have 150 to start, so they are still doing fine.  Both can fire their tail blasts at Cmdr Valum!

#1) 6 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 5 = 21 damage
    #2) 3 + 4 + 4 + 3 + 6 = 20 damage

In a feat of synchronized spraying, both yellow bigguns hose down the Sovereign Dragon with acid. It squirms in discomfort (and does take some damage) but about half of each blast seems to drip harmlessly off his golden scales. It appears Valum either has some natural defense against acid or was prepared to fight Xenos.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:12 am

ROUND 5 - FIGHT!
    please remember to track your buffs\debuffs

map is updated (I hope)

the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Slide130
    the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Slide237
    the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Slide331

all previously DELAY actions are gone

Chris wrote:

Round 5

Korvaq 21
    Argul 18, Wasps, Facehuggers
    NECRON Warriors 15,
    Zang, Air Elemental  14,  Zang, Rhino  
    Rasso 14
    Cmdr Ignis 10
    Repair swarms 10
    Brick 5
    Cmdr Valum 4

Korvaq is up
    Argul, wasps, facehuggers on deck
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:42 pm

Korvaq's turn -

Fireball launched at space D - 52; should catch the two baddies within it's radius.

Roll(5d6)+0:
    5,6,5,2,6,+0
    Total:24

DC 14 for reflex save for half damage

Free Action - click boots for Haste

Move to A-47  

Boots - 8 rounds left
    Bull Str. - 26 rounds left
    Heroism - 25 rounds left
    HP - 108
    +1 to AC and Reflex saves for Boots
    Fireball wand - 4 charges left
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:47 pm

**sorry for the delay today, mom fell off the porch and gashed open her knee (pics of FB)

Korvaq continues to embrace his love of all things burning and incinerates 2 more Necrons! They both fail their saves and slump to the ground, their metal chassis red hot.

map updated

the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Slide131
    the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Slide239
    the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Slide332

Argul, Wasps, Facehuggers are up

Necron Warriors on deck
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:20 am

The 2 forward wasps Fly forward to grapple Necron infantry located at 61 - S and 58 - V. By my count, they have enough movement to close and attack in this round.

The 2 remaining wasps fly towards Necron infantry located 63 - I and Beetle Pilot. If they can reach them (don't believe they can) they will grapple.

I don't have stats, so go ahead and roll for the attacks GM.

Argul and the Facehuggers (damn fine name for a punk band, that) delay action pending resolution of the WASP actions.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:32 am

MAS wrote:The 2 forward wasps Fly forward to grapple Necron infantry located at 61 - S and 58 - V. By my count, they have enough movement to close and attack in this round.

The 2 remaining wasps fly towards Necron infantry located 63 - I and Beetle Pilot. If they can reach them (don't believe they can) they will grapple.

I don't have stats, so go ahead and roll for the attacks GM.

Argul and the Facehuggers (damn fine name for a punk band, that) delay action pending resolution of the WASP actions.

Good use of mechanics!  The Necrons lost their delay at the end of the round (like everyone else), so the 2 wasps can engage without taking fire.  The Necrons prove incapable of fighting off the physically superior design of the Xeno-wasps - both are grappled!

You guys are making progress now. Korvaq cleared the left flank, Brick has most of the middle cleared and Argul just neutralized the SE. It looks like that leaves Zang to deal with the dragon lol!

maps updated

the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Slide132
    the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Slide240
    the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Slide333

Argul is still up
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:02 pm

The facehuggers move to infest the Infrit corpse and the Beetle-bomber corpse.

HP - 60
    AC - 17 (13 +4 "mage armor" 10 hours)
    DR 10/Adamantine
    SR - 20
    INIT - 18
    Phrenic Pool - 7/8
    CMD - 15
    DR - 10/Admamantine
    Spell Slots Used: 1st x1, 3rd x1
    Potions used:
    Racial SLA used:
    Action points used:
    Mythic Power used: 1/5
    Used Items: Scroll of Stoneskin,
    Invisible

Theory: KARMA is an open Market.
    Argul considers that one can focus the powers of KARMA to "purchase" or make real items and equipment. This suggests the existence of a KARMA MARKET or exchange, or more accurately, a flow of reality from a malleable state to a solid state of being. One can then infer that reality/karma can be dissolved from a solid state back into a more malleable form.

Based on this theory, Argul believes he can "cash in" magic items he currently holds in exchange for Karma, which can then be spent on other items.

Argul will de-activate the INSTANT FORTRESS, which normally shrinks it down to its small cube form, but while doing so, will attempt to "liquidate" its KARMA to return those resources to his pool.

Let me know what might be required.

If possible, he would then want to spend Karma on this round as well.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:24 pm

MAS wrote:The facehuggers move to infest the Infrit corpse and the Beetle-bomber corpse.  

Facehugger mobs make it to Bombardier Beetle and Efreeti corpse and successfully grapple (unopposed).  Next turn you will have a Xeno-bombardier and a Xeno-Efreeti!

MAS wrote:
    Theory: KARMA is an open Market.
    Argul considers that one can focus the powers of KARMA to "purchase" or make real items and equipment. This suggests the existence of a KARMA MARKET or exchange, or more accurately, a flow of reality from a malleable state to a solid state of being. One can then infer that reality/karma can be dissolved from a solid state back into a more malleable form.

Based on this theory, Argul believes he can "cash in" magic items he currently holds in exchange for Karma, which can then be spent on other items.

Argul will de-activate the INSTANT FORTRESS, which normally shrinks it down to its small cube form, but while doing so, will attempt to "liquidate" its KARMA to return those resources to his pool.

Let me know what might be required.

If possible, he would then want to spend Karma on this round as well.

YES!

cheers now you are thinking like a ZEN MAGE

We'll continue to use the simple d20 + lvl + prime + 1 (mythic tier).  

Rule Mechanic
    1 - botch, item is gone and paradox

< 25 item is traded in at a % loss (negative) of its value
    25 = 100% value
    > 25 item + bonus % of value

each +\- 1 is equal to 5% of the item's value

so if an item is worth 10,000gp

a total of 25 on the roll = 10,000 KARMA value
    a total of 20 = 7500 value (-25%)
    a total of 30 = 12,500 (+25%)

1 total KARMIC exchange = full round action
    1 sale = move action
    1 purchase = standard action
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Korvaq needs to be moved to A - 45 on the newest map (just didn't want it to get carried over)

Great fight BTW!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:25 pm

whit10 wrote:Korvaq needs to be moved to A - 45 on the newest map (just didn't want it to get carried over)

Great fight BTW!

A-47, right!  I did it at home, but I forgot to transfer the map here.  fixed

the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Slide241
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:33 pm

Instant Fortress value = $55K

lvl + prime + 1 (mythic tier) = 10 + 4 (int) + 1 = +15

Argul will use an instance of Mythic Power to activate a "Surge".

Mythic surge = 1d6

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +1d6 +15" :

8 + 2 + 15 = 25

YOINKS! close one, full value $55K.

Argul transforms a portion of the reality he has converted into a Portable Hole for $20K.

Done.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:28 pm

MAS wrote:Instant Fortress value = $55K
    lvl + prime + 1 (mythic tier) = 10 + 4 (int) + 1 = +15
    Argul will use an instance of Mythic Power to activate a "Surge".
    Mythic surge = 1d6
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +1d6 +15" :
    8 + 2 + 15 = 25
    YOINKS! close one, full value $55K.
    Argul transforms a portion of the reality he has converted into a Portable Hole for $20K.

Done.

scratch now where did I put that bag of holding?

Very creative, now I am scared of what the rest will think up next....

at 15 the remaining sentry-gun Necrons do their job and open fire on threats in their LoS
    I-63 necron fires at J-63 wasp, and hits for 12 damage
    G-61 fires at the Facehugger mob on the fallen Beetle and hits for 9 damage, effectively killing 1 of the 10 in the mob (it will be at 81\100 life as it used another facehugger 1/10 to die as it impregnated the beetle)
    J-45 will fire up at the flying Brickowski
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +4" :

16 + 4 = 20

if that hits, damage: 11

the far right Necron will move to Q-47 and fire at Brick
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +4" :

7 + 4 = 11
    MISS

E-41 will shoot at Brick's Biggun, but he misses wildly

a Water Elemental splashes into existence 50ft from Zang! (it would be under the Air Ele, but I just moved him over to the right so we could see him)

map is updated

the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Slide133
    the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Slide243
    the twilight is upon me - Page 4 Slide334

Chris wrote:

Round 5

Korvaq 21
    Argul 18, Wasps, Facehuggers
    NECRON Warriors 15,
    Zang, Air Elemental  14,  Zang, Rhino, Water Elemental  
    Rasso 14
    Cmdr Ignis 10