Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

5 posters

Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue35/35Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0/0Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 8 Empty Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

Post  Chris Fri May 17, 2013 8:30 am

when Auren sees the new stranger, he will declare in his cop voice, "Arizona Marshall, drop your weapon! Bossman is dead, the rest of his men are helping me clean up, if you need a new job."
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue19/19Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue1/0Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 8 Empty Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

Post  whit10 Fri May 17, 2013 10:50 pm

I'M back... let's get this over with
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue60/112Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0/0Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat May 18, 2013 7:37 am

If talking is a free action -

"Aint' with the bossman Marshall Sparx, but I will help you clean this up. Then we'll have a talk..."

Jack is not dropping his shotgun, its still trained on the golem-mech.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue35/35Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat May 18, 2013 9:43 am

"Fair enough, stranger. With all the fiends, face-dancers, purple squid-heads and general weird drek I have seen in the last 3 days, I will gladly take all the help we can get."

Auren strains to see around the corner, "what'cha shootin at?"

(If I recall, speaking is a "swift" action. you get 3 swift actions per turn)
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue60/112Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat May 18, 2013 11:13 am

"Some kinda creature tryin' to drive a 20 ft tall war machine" Stone replies....."And hes a failin' something miserable"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat May 18, 2013 12:36 pm

"Grog" Auren mutters under his breath.

Robyo wrote:
    Auren could see the mech at S-3, but that is where Jack is standing! You can move through an ally's square, but you guys haven't even met yet.

Auren can run under the golem's legs, if he's ducking. The paladin wears plate armor with a great helm, so he's not lithe. And normally, Grog would get an AoO, but he's momentarily stalled, so you're in luck.

If Auren can now pass through Jack, he will take the rest of his first move to get to about R-3 and his Hustle (-1 vit) to get under the mech, moving diagonally in a straight line.

"Grog! I have already put better men than you in pine boxes today. You don't have to join Biggs, Bain and the others. Shut it down, NOW!"

Auren will use the momentum of his movement for a Charge, Power Attack on the underbelly of the mech. I am visualizing the marshall running at the mech, crouching down and thrusting his greatsword up into the guts (hopefully mechanical gears, power source and such) of the mecha.

single attack, -2 power attack

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +10" :

1 + 10 = 11

affraid uh oh!

damn, it woulda looked cool anyways

*edit* i had to look back 4 pages to find current vitality\wounds
    21\25 vitality, 10\10 wounds

no damage since healing up in after the Bain fight
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat May 18, 2013 1:41 pm

Auren's sword glances off the underbelly of the war-golem with no effect.

Grog fails to restart the mech. "Grungar!" he spits, throwing levers.

Outside, by the road, the sniper fires twice:
    1) at Lennie: 32vsRef = 24 damage, he's dead
    2) at Goliath: Crit! = 34 damage

"We're getting cut to shreds!" says Sarge. "I will try to flank him!" He makes a double-move to C-3.

"Good idea, Sarge, Let's get him in the crossfire!" Bud yells and runs to K-10. He leaves behind a trail of blood and huddles behind some rocks.

Tommy is up...
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue19/19Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue1/0Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat May 18, 2013 2:20 pm

Well, Goliath is dead. Tommy is one shot away as well. Time to die with my boots on!

Using rapid shot - two rifle shots

Roll(1d20)+8:
    3,+8
    Total:11

Roll(1d20)+8:
    6,+8
    Total:14

Ugh... Rob, I'm just posting this for your attention. I'm going to post some questions on the House Rules page that I hope your amenable to. Just didn't want to clutter this page with it.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat May 18, 2013 4:22 pm

Robyo wrote:Auren's sword glances off the underbelly of the war-golem with no effect.

that's it for a fumble? whew, i was expecting something worse.... fall prone, drop wpn, etc
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat May 18, 2013 7:34 pm

Chris wrote:
    Robyo wrote:Auren's sword glances off the underbelly of the war-golem with no effect.

that's it for a fumble? whew, i was expecting something worse.... fall prone, drop wpn, etc

Oh yeah, fumble. Missed that. Okay, Auren spends his next turn picking up his sword.

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat May 18, 2013 7:38 pm

whit10 wrote:Well, Goliath is dead. Tommy is one shot away as well. Time to die with my boots on!

Using rapid shot - two rifle shots

Roll(1d20)+8:
    3,+8
    Total:11

Roll(1d20)+8:
    6,+8
    Total:14

Ugh... Rob, I'm just posting this for your attention. I'm going to post some questions on the House Rules page that I hope your amenable to. Just didn't want to clutter this page with it.

Goliath is dead, really? No Mounted Combat? Maybe you want to end Tommy ASAP?

Sniper is still hidden, but you wouldn't have hit anyhow with those rolls.

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat May 18, 2013 7:57 pm

BTW, new Star Trek film is awesome Wink

Okay, Round 2:

JP is up...
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat May 18, 2013 9:08 pm

oops, forgot about that.

Ride Check:

Roll(1d20)+12:
    12,+12
    Total:24
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun May 19, 2013 8:38 am

whit10 wrote:oops, forgot about that.

Ride Check:

Roll(1d20)+12:
    12,+12
    Total:24

Goliath takes no damage from the grazing shot.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue68/68Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun May 19, 2013 10:15 pm

Jp readies his action to blindly throw a lever if grog gets it started. "Hey beuts, maibee yeu cgan trrreep eet, no?" (Swifts)
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun May 19, 2013 10:45 pm

navyik wrote:Jp readies his action to blindly throw a lever if grog gets it started. "Hey beuts, maibee yeu cgan trrreep eet, no?" (Swifts)

Okay, readied action by JP if Grog gets the mech started. Sounds good.

Jack is up...
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon May 20, 2013 8:19 pm

"looks like you got mite better idea whats going here, Marshall. I'll cover your move" says jack.

Holding action-
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon May 20, 2013 8:56 pm

MAS wrote:"looks like you got mite better idea whats going here, Marshall. I'll cover your move" says jack.

Holding action-

It's best if you declare a trigger upon which you plan to use your held action.

Auren is up...

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon May 20, 2013 11:55 pm

I believe you had said earlier it is a move action to pick up a dropped weapon? when the guy used the whip on Auren

move action - pick up Greatsword

standard action - rapid attack, -2
    power attack -2

Auren, still trying to recover his coolness after that last flop, will crouch down to pick up his sword and in a spinning motion take 1 swing at each leg of the mech (since he can't stand all the way up)

Left leg, 1st swing
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +8" :

15 + 8 = 23

if that hits, damage
    Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +27" :

2 + 5 + 27 = 34

right leg, 2nd swing
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +8" :

9 + 8 = 17

if that hits
    Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +27" :

2 + 6 + 27 = 35

+5 damage if Grog is evil alignment
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue May 21, 2013 1:05 pm

Robyo wrote:
    MAS wrote:"looks like you got mite better idea whats going here, Marshall. I'll cover your move" says jack.

Holding action-

It's best if you declare a trigger upon which you plan to use your held action.

Auren is up...

Fair enough - End of round, or Grog gets the Golem-mecha re-started...
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue May 21, 2013 6:14 pm

Both of Auren's blows bounce off the golem's heavy plating.

Grog throws a lever and restarts his mech. The belly furnace flares up green and burns brightly in a magical flame. Once again, steam jets out of the shoulders. Then he begins to move away.

*Grog still has a move action, but JP and Jack can use their readied actions as immediates.

JP up...
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue May 21, 2013 7:54 pm

"I reckon we best stop this thingeramjig".......BOOM!

1 Move action = Actviate "True StrikeM: Once daily as a move action, boost your next attack roll that round by +10"

1 Standard action = Attack, shotgun, +9 (+10)

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +19" :

11 + 19 = 30

If it hits :
    Result of the throw of dice "2d8 +4" :

3 + 7 + 4 = 14
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue May 21, 2013 10:25 pm

AoO if Grog moves the mech?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed May 22, 2013 11:00 am

Robyo wrote:Both of Auren's blows bounce off the golem's heavy plating.

bounced off as in hit but didn't get past the DR or bounced off as in didn't actually hit (beat Fort)?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue68/68Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed May 22, 2013 12:02 pm

Jp will magehand again randomly yankin on controls. Can he step into the mech?
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed May 22, 2013 5:33 pm

Chris wrote:
    Robyo wrote:Both of Auren's blows bounce off the golem's heavy plating.

bounced off as in hit but didn't get past the DR or bounced off as in didn't actually hit (beat Fort)?

You didn't beat it's Fort. It's got pretty tough DR too.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed May 22, 2013 5:37 pm

navyik wrote:Jp will magehand again randomly yankin on controls. Can he step into the mech?

Random yanking of controls stalls the mech, again. "Confound it!" shouts Grog.

Since JP is immaterial, he can indeed pass through solid objects. You could step into the mech's leg, for instance. However, it's arcane augmentation makes it a 50% chance that JP will take damage (1d6).

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed May 22, 2013 5:40 pm

MAS wrote:"I reckon we best stop this thingeramjig".......BOOM!

1 Move action = Actviate "True StrikeM: Once daily as a move action, boost your next attack roll that round by +10"

1 Standard action = Attack, shotgun, +9 (+10)

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +19" :

11 + 19 = 30

If it hits :
    Result of the throw of dice "2d8 +4" :

3 + 7 + 4 = 14

The shot hits! But DR is thick on the war-golem. Yet again, there isn't noticeable damage done to it's armored hide.

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed May 22, 2013 5:41 pm

Chris wrote:AoO if Grog moves the mech?

If he ever gets moving again, yes.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed May 22, 2013 6:06 pm

This is where adamantine weapons would be helpful (assuming that Radiance has the same rules as PF... or TNT
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed May 22, 2013 9:04 pm

whit10 wrote:This is where adamantine weapons would be helpful (assuming that Radiance has the same rules as PF... or TNT

Auren just needs a Lightsaber Cool

bypasses all DR, except Sith Alchemy enhanced wpns\armor.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed May 22, 2013 9:45 pm

On the road, north of the ranch,
    Sniper shoots at Bud and Sarge (who are trying to flank him):
    1) At Bud: 24vsRef = 25 damage, he crumbles over dead.
    2) At Sarge: 18vsRef = 26 damage, he's wounded.

Sarge shouts, "Deputy Tom c'mon, let's get him!" He lays down a suppressing fire:
    1) 15vsRef = miss?
    2) 25vsRef = hit! You hear a pained grunt from the ridge-line.

Next up is Tommy...
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu May 23, 2013 3:13 pm

Ok, dammit... need a couple good shots for once

Two rifle shots at the sniper

Roll(1d20)+8:
    20,+8
    Total:28

Roll(1d20)+8:
    2,+8
    Total:10

Hey hey! That's one good one!

Crit damage:
    29 total damage, no DR
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu May 23, 2013 5:54 pm

whit10 wrote:Ok, dammit... need a couple good shots for once

Two rifle shots at the sniper

Roll(1d20)+8:
    20,+8
    Total:28

Roll(1d20)+8:
    2,+8
    Total:10

Hey hey! That's one good one!

Crit damage:
    29 total damage, no DR

You hear the dead sniper's corpse roll off the back of the huge rock and thud on the dirt below.

"Good shooting, Deptuty," says Sarge. "I was wondering though, maybe you got a bandage in them saddle bags?" He smiles weakly and coughs up some blood.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu May 23, 2013 5:58 pm

Third round,

JP is up...

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu May 23, 2013 6:15 pm

I'll bandage and attempt a heal check on him next round
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu May 23, 2013 7:58 pm

Can jp get up to the co kpit?
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu May 23, 2013 10:28 pm

navyik wrote:Can jp get up to the co kpit?

JP doesn't notice any obvious ladder or steps going up. Give me a Perception check to locate possible concealed doors.

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri May 24, 2013 10:16 am

Perception: 7+21=28 (+ any incorp bonuses?)
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri May 24, 2013 12:00 pm

navyik wrote:Perception: 7+21=28 (+ any incorp bonuses?)

+5 to Perception checks for being incorporeal.

Robyo wrote:
    JP's spirit is trapped between realms. he gains the Incorporeal template:
    He gains +2 levels.
    JP is now at full Wounds and Vitality and also, gains +10 vitality, and +1 on Attacks, DR, and all Defenses.
    He also gains the following abilities:
    ~Etheric Skills: Incorporeal creatures are quiet, hard to spot, and observant. Apply a +5 bonus on Perception and Stealth checks.
    ~Incorporeal Traits (M): This creature is incorporeal. Mundane attacks against incorporeal creatures have a 90% miss chance and magic attacks have a 50% miss chance. Incorporeal creatures cannot handle solid objects, can pass through solid objects such as walls, may choose to be invisible to enjoy a +10 bonus on Stealth checks, and must materialize to make attack rolls. Materializing and dematerializing are swift actions that cost 5 vitality each.
    ~Mage Hand (M): An incorporeal creature can telekinesis a single unattended object weighing up to 5 pounds out to a distance of 30 ft.

*JP is technically not Undead, since he is not powered by Negative Energy. Once he stays on the mortal plane for days exceeding his Con score, he will make endurance checks or be turned into a ghost.

There is a concealed door on the backside of the mech. One edge of it seems to have a latch.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri May 24, 2013 12:08 pm

Jp will open the door and enter. Stealth: 15+9+5=29. Jp intends to perch behind grog to see how he uses controls.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri May 24, 2013 12:58 pm

navyik wrote:Jp will open the door and enter. Stealth: 15+9+5=29. Jp intends to perch behind grog to see how he uses controls.

The door is latched and locked. Give me a Mechanics check to Open Lock... You need to materialize to do this. Otherwise, you can walk inside it, but possibly take damage (50% chance to fail and take 1d6 damage).

We'll keep the Stealth check you rolled, since you probably want to be doing this quietly.

MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri May 24, 2013 1:04 pm

"Hmmph...Need a bigger blast"........

Jack looks around the room to see if there is anything (gunpowder, fuel, dynamite, ammo, whatever) that could be used against the mech -

Using 1 standard action - Perception check
    Using two "2" vitality to activate Secret Agent Shades, +5 perception

19 + 10 = 29

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri May 24, 2013 2:09 pm

Mechanics:7+16=23
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri May 24, 2013 10:34 pm

navyik wrote:Mechanics:7+16=23

JP materializes (swift) and opens the locked hatch. Next turn he can move up to the cockpit if he chooses. He's still in stealth mode.

*Costs 5 vitality to shift into material form. Are you tracking this stuff? I ask only because your character sheet thread still says JP is 3rd level. He should be 4th level by now I think, plus the spectral buff adds 2 levels, so effectively 6th, I think.

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri May 24, 2013 10:42 pm

MAS wrote:"Hmmph...Need a bigger blast"........

Jack looks around the room to see if there is anything (gunpowder, fuel, dynamite, ammo, whatever) that could be used against the mech -

Using 1 standard action - Perception check
    Using two "2" vitality to activate Secret Agent Shades, +5 perception

19 + 10 = 29

Some things that Jack sees:
    P-3: Workbenches with tools
    N-3: Piles of large sacks
    M-4: Several wooden crates marked TNT
    S-6: More crates and some barrels marked Black Powder

You still have a move action. Putting on the shades is a swift. Activating them is a swift (you get three total swifts per round, plus the standard and move).
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat May 25, 2013 7:34 pm

Robyo wrote:

JP materializes (swift) and opens the locked hatch. Next turn he can move up to the cockpit if he chooses. He's still in stealth mode.

Auren is under the mech, between its legs - does he see JP or the latch open?

perception if you need it

Result of the throw of dice "1d20" :

14 + 7 = 21
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun May 26, 2013 12:13 am

If jp sees "boots" he will grin, wink, and give a shush signal with finger to lips.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun May 26, 2013 5:00 pm

Auren and JP can see each other.

Also received confirmation that Jack is moving towards the dynamite (not sure where exactly).

Auren's turn...

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun May 26, 2013 8:40 pm

Auren will acknowledge JP with a nod of his helmet. At this point Auren just assumes JP was somehow invisible, since he doesn't know he is dead.

The Marshall wants to enter the Mech, thus bypassing its armor and go for the pilot.

Move action - move and climb into the mech. yeah, not very stealthy, sorry JP.

What can Auren see and does he have a LOS on Grog to attack? or at least an unarmored path, like through a chair or something?

mech is still disabled, so no AoO, hopefully....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 8:06 pm