Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

5 posters

Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 2 Empty Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

Post  Chris Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:05 am

Robyo wrote:
    "He special ordered it from some fancy East coast outfit," responds the bartender. "Funny thing is, Mr. Biggs don't even like heights! What brings you boys out here?"

Auren raises his scaly eyebrows, "That is odd! I don't care for heights myself, I would rather take a beating than go up for a ride. Although, I guess it is really the thought of a cra.... rough landing that I don't fancy. Has Mr. Biggs flown in the balloon?"
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 2 Empty Re: Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch"

Post  whit10 Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:42 am

"hi there boys... mind if I join in?"
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Chris wrote:Auren raises his scaly eyebrows, "That is odd! I don't care for heights myself, I would rather take a beating than go up for a ride. Although, I guess it is really the thought of a cra.... rough landing that I don't fancy. Has Mr. Biggs flown in the balloon?"

"I doubt he has," replies the barkeep. "Mr. Biggs probably uses it for keeping tabs on his operation. Especially with the mines that have opened up in the last few months. Y'know what, Lloyd is the pilot. You should really talk to him to get the most details. You in the market for an airship, Marshal?" He smiles a toothless grin and continues, "I recognized you when you came in." The barkeep gives Auren a refill of coffee and pours himself a cup. "I don't tend to wander too far from the Watering Hole myself. But I'll tell you what, there's been some strange folk about lately."

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:07 pm

whit10 wrote:"hi there boys... mind if I join in?"

A cowboy with a stogie and the biggest pile of money on the table before him looks at his mates and says, "If you got the cash to lose, we'll gladly take if from ya." They all snicker. Someone kicks an empty chair so that it slides in Tommy's direction. "Take a seat city-slicker," another cowboy says, then downs a shot of whiskey. "Maybe those irons are worth something, eh?"

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:00 pm

Robyo wrote:
    "I doubt he has," replies the barkeep. "Mr. Biggs probably uses it for keeping tabs on his operation. Especially with the mines that have opened up in the last few months. Y'know what, Lloyd is the pilot. You should really talk to him to get the most details. You in the market for an airship, Marshal?" He smiles a toothless grin and continues, "I recognized you when you came in." The barkeep gives Auren a refill of coffee and pours himself a cup. "I don't tend to wander too far from the Watering Hole myself. But I'll tell you what, there's been some strange folk about lately."

"Thanks for the coffee, put it on his tab." Auren thumbs towards Tommy and continues, "A Drack with a tin star on his chest is kind of hard to miss, huh? And here I thought under-cover work was going to be my specialty. You say there are stranger folks than me and Grog out by the gate, do tell, I love a good story."
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:02 pm

The bartender leans in closer, speaking low. "A few of the ranch hands coming in lately, they've got a wild look in their eye. Others have a look that's completely blank, like there's nothing underneath. During the night, strange figures walk the road, coming and going, rarely straying from the shadows. And lately, there's been word of odd happenings up at the manor. Talk of lightning and steam."

"Hey Nuge," interrupts a patron sitting at the end of the bar. "You got any of that Sarsaparilla Sunshine?"

"Excuse me," says the barkeep and hobbles to the liqueur cabinet.

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:10 pm

What is JP doing?

Give me a Perception check...
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68/68Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:08 pm

1+21=22

Jp is staying put. He doesnt want to start a fight by raising suspicions. Even if he cant see the entrance he would be able to see people converging on the buildings. If he gets an opening to move closer to a good hiding spot he will.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:26 pm

"thanks, Nuge" Auren says as he turns to survey the bar, while keeping an eye on the door.

Any other entrances\exits?

Auren will follow Nuge's tip and try to see if he can spot any 'boys with either wild or blank looks in their eyes.

Perception check for both portals and people

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +9" :

20 + 9 = 29

ack, I will miss that one in combat
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:47 pm

Tommy sits with only a feint smile on his face. He slaps down some cash. "Deal me in."

Let me know when to make a Tricks check.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:38 am

navyik wrote:1+21=22

Jp is staying put. He doesnt want to start a fight by raising suspicions. Even if he cant see the entrance he would be able to see people converging on the buildings. If he gets an opening to move closer to a good hiding spot he will.

His attention is fixated on the ranch, but from behind him and further up the road from the direction the heroes had come, JP could swear he notices a flash of orange light.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:42 am

Chris wrote:"thanks, Nuge" Auren says as he turns to survey the bar, while keeping an eye on the door.

Any other entrances\exits?

Auren will follow Nuge's tip and try to see if he can spot any 'boys with either wild or blank looks in their eyes.

Perception check for both portals and people

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +9" :

20 + 9 = 29

ack, I will miss that one in combat

Besides the main entrance, there appears to be a back door.

Also, Auren notices a man sitting in the corner alone. He is mumbling to himself over his beer and dragging a bowie knife across his arm, leaving bloody cuts.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:44 am

whit10 wrote:Tommy sits with only a feint smile on his face. He slaps down some cash. "Deal me in."

Let me know when to make a Tricks check.

The cowboys finish their hand. They quickly deal in Tommy. Make a Tricks check.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68/68Pt. 3: "Showdown at Biggs Ranch" - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:51 am

Does the orange flash remind him of anything hes seen before? Technology? Portals? scratch
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:14 am

Tricks check:

Roll(1d20)+17:
    17,+17
    Total:34
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:43 am

Robyo wrote:Besides the main entrance, there appears to be a back door.

Also, Auren notices a man sitting in the corner alone. He is mumbling to himself over his beer and dragging a bowie knife across his arm, leaving bloody cuts.

Auren will try to sit so that he can keep an eye on both entrances\exits. Auren will try to get Nuge's attention by raising his coffee cup for a refill. When Nuge comes by, Auren will ask, "what's with that guy in the corner, cutting himself open?"
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:02 am

Chris wrote:Auren will try to sit so that he can keep an eye on both entrances\exits. Auren will try to get Nuge's attention by raising his coffee cup for a refill. When Nuge comes by, Auren will ask, "what's with that guy in the corner, cutting himself open?"

"He's a strange one," Nuge replies. "Name's Bain. I wouldn't get too close to him. He works for Mr. Biggs doing, uh, sensitive missions."

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:13 am

whit10 wrote:Tricks check:

Roll(1d20)+17:
    17,+17
    Total:34

That's a pretty sick gambling skill!

The cowboy to the left of Tommy sighs and mutters, "This trail is getting too rough for this cowboy. I fold."
    "You never could handle the kitchen when things start to get cooking," replies another cowboy. "I raise you $20," he adds, throwing in some more chips. The pot is up to $70.

Tommy needs to beat all of their Bluff checks, so roll 3 more times.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:17 am

yeah... I kinda wanted him to be as good at cards as he is at shooting things. lol

Tricks checks

Roll(1d20)+17:
    16,+17
    Total:33

Roll(1d20)+17:
    11,+17
    Total:28

Roll(1d20)+17:
    18,+17
    Total:35

"I do so luv this game"
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:19 am

navyik wrote:Does the orange flash remind him of anything hes seen before? Technology? Portals? scratch

Nothing he's seen before. JP is sensitive to time tunnels and this isn't that.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:29 am

whit10 wrote:yeah... I kinda wanted him to be as good at cards as he is at shooting things. lol

Tricks checks

Roll(1d20)+17:
    16,+17
    Total:33

Roll(1d20)+17:
    11,+17
    Total:28

Roll(1d20)+17:
    18,+17
    Total:35

"I do so luv this game"

The 2nd cowboy folds, without protest, but he looks furious.

The third cowboy throws in some chips. "You've got skills city-slicker, but I'm sticking to my guns. Raise you $10."

The fourth cowboy folds. "Me not like city-slicker," he grumbles.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:42 am

Robyo wrote:
    "He's a strange one," Nuge replies. "Name's Bain. I wouldn't get too close to him. He works for Mr. Biggs doing, uh, sensitive missions."

Auren puts down a good tip on the bar for the coffee, $5 sound generous?

Auren will whisper to Nuge before he stands up, "I appreciate a fair warning, friend. So here is one in return - you might want to find a fast excuse to go to town or at least clear out. I ain't here for a social call. Twice in the last 48hrs, some of Biggs' men have drawn down on me and tried to kill me. They are all in pine boxes. They weren't... normal. I am here to get to the bottom of this, whether it leads to Bossman or his new mine. Go see Tommy Larsen at the Dead Slug Saloon. You and "Toothless Tommy" should get along fine and I hear he needs a new day bartender."

Auren will walk over to Bain, no attempt at being subtle. "Something wrong with your arm, Bain?"
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:51 am

Tommy is carefully keeping an eye on the Marshall, "here's yer $10, I'll raise ya 20"
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:03 pm

whit10 wrote:Tommy is carefully keeping an eye on the Marshall, "here's yer $10, I'll raise ya 20"

Give me another Tricks check.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:08 pm

Chris wrote:
    Robyo wrote:

Auren puts down a good tip on the bar for the coffee, $5 sound generous?

Auren will whisper to Nuge before he stands up, "I appreciate a fair warning, friend. So here is one in return - you might want to find a fast excuse to go to town or at least clear out. I ain't here for a social call. Twice in the last 48hrs, some of Biggs' men have drawn down on me and tried to kill me. They are all in pine boxes. They weren't... normal. I am here to get to the bottom of this, whether it leads to Bossman or his new mine. Go see Tommy Larsen at the Dead Slug Saloon. You and "Toothless Tommy" should get along fine and I hear he needs a new day bartender."

Auren will walk over to Bain, no attempt at being subtle. "Something wrong with your arm, Bain?"

Nuge raises an eyebrow. He looks scared and goes over to whisper to one of the serving girls.

When Auren approaches, Bain looks up at him. There is demonic look in his eye and he smiles revealing fangs. "You got a problem?" he hisses.

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:19 pm

Tricks check:

Roll(1d20)+17:
    15,+17
    Total:32
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:30 pm

whit10 wrote:Tricks check:

Roll(1d20)+17:
    15,+17
    Total:32

"Not tasty enough," the cowboy replies and lays down his cards. He wins this hand and begins sweeping the chips into his pile. "Try again?" he asks,smirking.
    Another cowboy laughs. "He ain't got the gall to play you again, Lennie."
    "Me still think he cheats," says another.

Last edited by Robyo on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:35 pm

map update:
    [img][Only admins are allowed to see this link][/img]

JP sees one of the riders (who was near the stable) ride up to the gate and begins talking to the guards. He also sees an ox-pulled wagon come down the private road and the driver begins chatting with one of the horsed men by the stable.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:42 pm

hmmm... not sure how he managed to beat me.

"sure friend, deal 'em again" Perception check while he deals

Perception:

Roll(1d20)+5:
    20,+5
    Total:25
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:30 pm

Robyo wrote:
    Nuge raises an eyebrow. He looks scared and goes over to whisper to one of the serving girls.

When Auren approaches, Bain looks up at him. There is demonic look in his eye and he smiles revealing fangs. "You got a problem?" he hisses.

Detect Evil!

Is Bain otherwise human looking? (minus the fangs)

Auren says loud enough for the room to hear, "Yup, I sure do. I have a problem with monsters pretending to be men. I have a problem with purple squid-heads shooting lightning guns at me."

Auren opens his stance a bit to include the rest of the bar, "Now I am inclined to be tolerant of strange looking folks, given that I am a might strange lookin myself. But when they all try to kill me, twice, I have a problem with that. And ya know, it makes me wonder.... if I weren't around, who else would these black oily skinned creatures be trying to kill and impersonate?"

"These monsters can take the exact shape and voice of a man. If any of you have kin or anyone you care about in Arizona, you might think twice about which side you are on today. I know Bossman couldn't pay me enough to let my friends and family be replaced by these foul things."

Insight Roll to locate allies
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +4" :

10 + 4 = 14
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Jp will take 10 for perception =31 on watch until he needs to act. He is hoping to catch a glimpse of whats in the cart.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:13 pm

whit10 wrote:hmmm... not sure how he managed to beat me.

"sure friend, deal 'em again" Perception check while he deals

Perception:

Roll(1d20)+5:
    20,+5

"I'll make ya a deal, pilgrim," Lennie responds. "If you win, you make all your chips back, and then some. If I win, I get one of them fancy side-irons. Let's sweeten the pot, shall we?"
    "Too rich for my blood," responds the first cowboy.
    "I'm in," says the second.
    "Me too," says the fourth.

Roll 3 Tricks (Gamble) Checks against their Bluff...

Perception Check reveals Lennie is a card-shark. Probably the second cowboy is too. The first guy is a ranch hand (maybe a gunslinger?), and the fourth guy is a tough brawler type.

Player knowledge: Lennie, the guy that beat you, is a Mountebank townie. Maybe the second guy is one as well.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:25 pm

Auren doesn't locate any allies in this out-of-the way private bar.

Detect Evil reveals Bain to have a fiendish aura.

He sneers, "You talk when you should fight, Wyrmscum!"

roll initiative...

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:30 pm

navyik wrote:Jp will take 10 for perception =31 on watch until he needs to act. He is hoping to catch a glimpse of whats in the cart.

When he turns his attention back up the road, JP sees two men approaching on foot. The first is dressed in a well-made suit. The second one looks to be a gunslinger. He has a rifle out and is looking around in your direction.

Roll a Stealth (Hide) check vs their Perception...

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:36 pm

Robyo wrote:
    Detect Evil reveals Bain to have a fiendish aura.

roll initiative...

"At last, Paledine has answered my prayers!"

initiative roll
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20" :

....slow and steady
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:42 pm

"Sorry boys... the Marshall's got a more interesting game"

Initiative:

Roll(1d20)+5:
    20,+5

Damn!! Nice to be quick on the draw

To be clear, Tommy does not have his guns drawn but his rifle is leaning next to his chair
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:01 pm

Initiative Order:

1) Tommy
    2) Lennie
    3) Bain
    4) Sarge
    5) Glen
    6) Bud
    7) Auren

Round 1:

Tommy is up...

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:11 pm

"you boys might wanna duck (to the other card players) hey snaggletooth!!" (to the guy Auren was talking to)

swing the rifle up as a move action and let her rip.

Roll(1d20)+10:
    17,+10
    Total:27

Damage: (if it hits)

Roll(2d12)+5:
    12,12,+5
    Total:29

Holy shit... first max damage roll I've gotten

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:39 pm

navyik wrote:In that case jp will simply hide 17+9=26 while the others go to talk (to obfuscate our numbers). While hidden he will take aim at one of the gun-hands on horseback and sit tight. bom

Jp hasn't moved since making this check. tongue
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:30 am

whit10 wrote:"you boys might wanna duck (to the other card players) hey snaggletooth!!" (to the guy Auren was talking to)

swing the rifle up as a move action and let her rip.

Roll(1d20)+10:
    17,+10
    Total:27

Damage: (if it hits)

Roll(2d12)+5:
    12,12,+5
    Total:29

Holy shit... first max damage roll I've gotten

Nice shot! got him before we were 'in melee' too and he is Flatfooted, if Radiance has that condition

*edit, I am on the road all day, so I won't be updating until later, sorry
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:03 am

I just got declared innocent by the judge. cheers
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:01 pm

... and there was much rejoicing!! Good for you brother
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:20 pm

Good news, Alan! Very Happy

Tommy shoots Bain. He glares at the gunslinger with abyssal dark eyes.

Lennie shoots at Tommy and misses.

Bain bares his fangs and flexes his muscles. His fiendish aura of Mass Harm suddenly expands in a 30' burst:
    ~Auren: Crit! (bypass DR, max damage) = 48 points of vile damage
    ~Tommy: 19vsWill = 21 vile damage
    ~Bud: 24vsWill = 21 vile damage, he's wounded
    ~Glen: 23vsWill = 21 vile damage, he's dead
    ~Sarge: 14vsWill = no effect
    ~Lennie: 26vsWill = 12 vile damage, he's wounded
    ~Lou: 14vsWill = 24 vile damage, he's dead
    ~unknown patron: 21vsWill = 17 vile damage, he's dead
    ~serving girl 1: 25vsWill = 18 vile damage, she's dead
    ~serving girl 2: 20vsWill = 19 vile damage, she's dead
    ~Nuge: 28vsWill = 13 vile damage, he's dead

Then Bain shifts to W-20 (in front of the window).

Sarge shoots at Bain: 21vsRef = 6 damage

Bud runs to V-20 and attempts to grapple Bain: 18vsFort = miss

Auren is up...

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:28 pm

Robyo wrote:
    Bain bares his fangs and flexes his muscles. His fiendish aura of Mass Harm suddenly expands in a 30' burst:
    ~Auren: Crit! (bypass DR, max damage) = 48 points of vile damage

Then Bain shifts to W-20 (in front of the window).

Auren is up...

affraid holy crap!

I see only 1 option for our ass-whooped Marshall here..... FAITH!

Auren has 3 Faith pts, 1/2 per lvl rounded up, so 3 at 5th, with access to Int. tiers **edit for bad math, I initially wrote 6**

You can spend 1 faith point to use a basic boon listed under your
    deity. You can spend 2, 4 or 8 faith points to use intermediate,
    advanced, and paragon boons, respectively, assuming you normally
    have access to those tiers.

Shield of Palendine: As an immediate action when a foe
    scores a critical hit on you or an ally within 30 ft, the hit is downgraded
    to a normal attack. Costs 2 vitality.

Auren will invoke a Shield of Palendine, downgrading the smack-down crit to a regular hit.

So I need a regular damage roll from the GM, please. I can then apply my DR as usual, but given the other damage numbers, Auren should survive.

"It's clobber'in time!"

Auren will move 10 ft in a straight line to X-20, moving thus qualifies his attack as a Charge. Auren will use Rapid Attack to take 2 swings at the Fiend Bain. Auren will use his Hustle ability for an extra move action to activate Repulse Evil on my next successful attack.

Is there flanking bonus? I couldn't find it....

2 attacks, -2 to each roll
    affraid
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +10" :

20 + 10 = 30

"Paledine must be watching over me" Auren thinks to himself. (crazy dice)

Max hit, bypass DR
    2d6 = 12 + 22 +5 charge +5 smite evil = 44 damage
    + Repulse EvilM: As a move action, your next successful melee
    weapon attack that round against an evil-aligned foe also pushes back
    that foe a distance of 1d4 x 5 ft. If there is no space to move back,
    your foe falls prone instead. Costs 1 vitality

since he is flanked by Bud, there is no space to move back and he is knocked prone

2nd attack, now with +2 vs prone
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +12" :

17 + 12 = 29
    Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +27" :

4 + 5 + 27 = 36

Auren is -3 vitality plus whatever damage he took after DR.

Is Bain still alive? Auren might not be finished
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:45 am

41 points of non-crit vile damage.

+2 bonus for flanking.

Bain is dead.

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:49 am

The two men walk down the road, approaching JP, who is lying in the dirt. The gunslinger points his rifle at JP.

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

"Drop you weapon and stand up, partner," he orders.

JP surrender? Otherwise, roll initiative.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:42 am

Robyo wrote:41 points of non-crit vile damage.

+2 bonus for flanking.

Bain is dead.

41 - 12DR = 29

I used 2 vitality for Shield of Paledine, so Auren had 23 to start

so Auren loses all vitality and takes -6 wound damage.

He then wouldn't have had the vitality to power Repulse Evil, so no knockdown on the first attack. My bad, I figured the damage would have been in the 17-21 range like everyone else.

0\0 V
    4\10 W

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:30 am

Does this mean Bain ain't dead?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:52 am

whit10 wrote:Does this mean Bain ain't dead?

Shocked I hope so, same damage, just no knock-down....
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:07 am

Init: 12+4=16

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:21 pm