Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    A fear of needles

    Share
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:40 am

    Chris wrote:Quick clarification on the state of the hallway.  FX nurse bots are moving towards Brick and Korvaq, they have what look like emergency lights flashing.  Brick and Korvaq can also see, from farther down the hallway, 3 small tank-looking droids also rushing towards the room with flashing lights



    The siren is still blaring loudly and safety lights are flashing in the hallway

    The 3 tank droids have reached room E42.  They approach the party who are all congregated outside the doorway.  They are still flashing orange emergency lights.  Their top "device" raises into what appears to be a firing position.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2391
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  MAS on Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:05 pm

    "I am still sorely in need of doctoring after the hullabaloo on the bridge. After I receive care, I plan on continuing to inquire with the others who are "here" as to the details about exactly what it is we are caught up in."
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:28 pm

    MAS wrote:"I am still sorely in need of doctoring after the hullabaloo on the bridge. After I receive care, I plan on continuing to inquire with the others who are "here" as to the details about exactly what it is we are caught up in."

    FX17 wheels up to Argul and leads him to room E38, "Right this way, Patient.... Ar-gul-the-Ret-i-cent.  I have your infusion ready, you want to get well, don't you?"


    **edit - Korvaq is invisible too, sorry if that wasn't clear**
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2391
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  MAS on Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:26 pm

    Argul follows - "Good, good. Enough of this nonsense for now."
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:41 pm

    MAS wrote:Argul follows - "Good, good. Enough of this nonsense for now."

    FX17 gets Argul situated on another treatment bed.  It produces a long and scary-looking needle from one articulated arm.  "Patient.... Ar-gul-the-Ret-i-cent, please hold still, this may feel uncomfortable."



    FX17 plunges the needle into the implant port on Argul's chest.  He feels a burning sensation that is certainly not pleasant, though not truly painful.

    Argul can feel the infusion course through his body with the following effects:

    heal all HP damage
    heal all attribute damage
    remove all negative conditions

    Argul is now inoculated for Planes-walking.  He will no longer be required to make a FORT + REF + WILL save every time he shifts dimensions.  The treatment causes immediate condition: FATIGUED  as the body adjusts to the infusion (it will disappear after a rest).  

    FX17 removes the large needle from Argul's port and covers him with a soft blanket.  Argul can feel the bed heating up beneath him.  The lights over his bed dim slightly and somewhere under the blazing fire alarms, Argul can hear what sounds like a waterfall.  FX17 says in a calming voice, "Take your time and please press the call button if you need any assistance getting up."  FX17 wheels herself out of the room.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Robyo on Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:16 pm

    Zang says to a passing FX, or anyone who can hear, "If I don't get this implant off me soon, Godzilla is literally gonna be stomping in this place."
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:15 pm

    Robyo wrote:Zang says to a passing FX, or anyone who can hear, "If I don't get this implant off me soon, Godzilla is literally gonna be stomping in this place."

    A passing FX stops and replies, "Patient.... Z-an-g-u-lar. The implant cannot be removed until you have received your infusion. You want to get well, don't you?"
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2391
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  MAS on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:56 pm

    "AHHH, that hit the spot! Fellows, you really should consider receiving treatment. I think it will make our time in this situation more bearable! "
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Robyo on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:59 pm

    "I am fine, thanks. Get it off me, post haste. And Skree too."
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2391
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  MAS on Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:04 pm

    Chris wrote:
    Argul is now inoculated for Planes-walking.  He will no longer be required to make a FORT + REF + WILL save every time he shifts dimensions.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Robyo on Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:17 pm

    No doubt that's a cool benefit, but look at it from the point of my character: Zang believes himself to be a prisoner, in a totally strange situation, and while an interest in planes-walking is no doubt intriguing, what is the reason for it? Are there strings attached? There is no free lunch. Who are our patrons here? We don't know.

    To the nurse-bot: "We need some answers first. Who is in charge here?"
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:58 am

    Robyo wrote:
    To the nurse-bot: "We need some answers first. Who is in charge here?"



    As if in reply to Zang's question, a rainbow worm-hole opens up in the hallway of spoke E in Salyut Clinic.  4 dangerous looking characters emerge: an armored figure with a red\white\blue shield, a black woman with animated dreadlocks, a robot apparently built from Scrap and a green-skinned alien that discreetly picks a booger and wipes it on his pant leg.









    The armored figure calls out in a loud and clear voice, "STAND DOWN!"  He says that to the party as well as his own group.  "We are not your enemies.  I know you are disorientated, but if you give us a chance, I can explain.  If you continue to destroy Salyut Clinic, we will be forced to stop you."   Scrap's claw opens and closes with a loud SNAP.  The woman's dreadlocks twirl like vipers ready to strike and the green-skinned alien powers up some kind of rotary cannon.

    All the FX nursebots and even the fire-truck tanks back away like town folk in a western movie.  There is a stillness in the hallway.  The sirens blaze.....

    Zang, Skree and Brick are in the hallway.

    Argul can see this from his bed in room E38

    Korvaq is invisible farther down the hallway, by the hub, but can see and hear what's happening.  

    Actions?
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2391
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  MAS on Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:35 pm

    If Argul is able to disconnect from the treatment machines, he will get up and walk over to be in conversational range. He will stand separate of both the group he came in with and the group newly arrived.

    "My apologies for the misunderstandings here. I'm sure that once everything is made clear, we'll all have a laugh about a few broken scuttle-cranks!"

    This attempt is being made towards BOTH groups.

    Diplomacy -
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +15" :

    20 + 15 = 35

    BOOYAH!

    Diplomacy
    (Cha)
    You can use this skill to persuade others to agree with your arguments, to resolve differences, and to gather valuable information or rumors from people. This skill is also used to negotiate conflicts by using the proper etiquette and manners suitable to the problem.

    Check: You can change the initial attitudes of nonplayer characters with a successful check. The DC of this check depends on the creature's starting attitude toward you, adjusted by its Charisma modifier. If you succeed, the character's attitude toward you is improved by one step. For every 5 by which your check result exceeds the DC, the character's attitude toward you increases by one additional step. A creature's attitude cannot be shifted more than two steps up in this way, although the GM can override this rule in some situations. If you fail the check by 4 or less, the character's attitude toward you is unchanged. If you fail by 5 or more, the character's attitude toward you is decreased by one step.

    You cannot use Diplomacy against a creature that does not understand you or has an Intelligence of 3 or less. Diplomacy is generally ineffective in combat and against creatures that intend to harm you or your allies in the immediate future. Any attitude shift caused through Diplomacy generally lasts for 1d4 hours but can last much longer or shorter depending upon the situation (GM discretion).

    Starting Attitude Diplomacy DC
    Hostile 25 + creature's Cha modifier
    Unfriendly 20 + creature's Cha modifier
    Indifferent 15 + creature's Cha modifier
    Friendly 10 + creature's Cha modifier
    Helpful 0 + creature's Cha modifier
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:54 pm

    MAS wrote:If Argul is able to disconnect from the treatment machines, he will get up and walk over to be in conversational range. He will stand separate of both the group he came in with and the group newly arrived.

    Argul's treatment was complete, he was just resting comfortably in bed. Argul is now in the hallway. I will resolve all once people get a chance to reply.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3707
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  whit10 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:17 pm

    Korvaq will become visible.

    "Ah, finally some answers... taking Klingons prisoner is a good way to die"

    "I am Korvaq... explain why we are here."
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:19 pm

    Korvaq joins the party in the hallway
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2705
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  navyik on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:25 pm

    Quick thinking, Qaj, Brick muses.  He is giving them a fake name to maintain an​ advantage. No doubt that I am too famous to follow suit.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Robyo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:19 pm

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

    Zang kind of likes the look of these new dangerous clowns. Skree hisses in agreement.


    "Well met strangers. You have our attention. Keep talking."
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2705
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  navyik on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:38 pm

    "Excellent, the authorities have arrived to sort out this mess...". 


     Strange that they all seem to believe Qaj about his alias and that he is something called a Klingon.  He doesn't even have a diguise!  Silver tongued, those Animal Humans.  I make excellent allies.  He has them all duped; except Yours Truly.  You've got to get up pretty early to fool Brick Rockman.


    "I apologise, officer, but I cannot give a statement until my attorney arrives.". Brick looks around for Steve again.   scratch "As soon as my manager Steve comes back he can call for my attorney."
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:08 pm

    Captain Rodgers leads the party into the Security Center at the hub of Salyut Clinic.  There are storage lockers and main turbo-lift shaft.  Scrap returns the party's equipment to them - it is all there.  Captain Rodger's crew stays down stairs and the party is invited to ride up.  As the lift rises, the party can see through the transparent durasteel of the lift tube that they are on a large space station.  It is shaped like a wagon wheel.  It is floating in deep space.  There are no planets or nearby stars.  It is dark and quiet.

    **no planet nearby, just liked the image of the station**



    The turbo-lift doors open to a command center.  Many diverse beings are watching holo projections of different worlds and monitoring events, much like an old-fashioned radio listening post.  A large Phylliroe (translucent fish-like creature) is running a circular control station in the middle of the room.  He is surrounded by a transparent bubble filled with a greenish fluid which also functions as his touch-screen interface.  The party sees several other beings gathered around the central core - the driver Ion, the man in the brown jacket from the library, and a reptilian wearing cowboy clothes with a silver star on his chest.

    Captain Rodgers removes his armored helmet.  He has short, military-cut grey hair and many scars on his weathered face.  "Pull up the ER camera from earlier,"  he commands.





    The party can see a bird's eye view of what looks like a docking bay inside a space station.  The blackness of space is littered with stars beyond the energy field.  Suddenly a rainbow worm-hole opens inside the docking back and the vehicles you all used from the bridge appear.  Korvaq's bike crashes into a cargo net, he appears unconscious.  Argul and Brick are all unconscious in the vehicle driven by Ion.  Zang and Skree just drop to the floor unconscious when they appear.



    The Phylliroe moans and groans like a large motor submerged under water.  A computerized voice comes out of a speaker after a slight delay, "Traveling between Planes in the Multiverse is very taxing to the body and mind.  You all arrived unconscious.  This is not uncommon, nor is the disorientation you experienced upon waking.  We had hoped to get you inoculated before you awoke, but you recovered very quickly."

    Captain Rodgers adds, "You are not prisoners.  You are free to leave at any time.  But this also isn't our first time at the ballpark.  We took your weapons away as a safety precaution for us... and you still caused a lot of damage to the clinic."



    The ragged voice of Ion speaks, "I found the lot of ya in the same condition in the park.  I loaded ya into my safari van and was trying to get ya out of the city before you caused any Paradox.  But again, ya'll woke up too quickly."



    The man in the brown jacket speaks quietly as if sharing a secret, "There are energy lines, like Ley Lines, that connect the worlds.  A nexus of these lines intersect under a circular flower garden in the park.  We watch this Nexus for...   travelers."



    The reptilian speaks, "Forget the Ley Linesss.... we need to focusss on the bugsss!  Thesssse damn bugssss are everywhere.  They sssseem to have invaded many worldssss."

    Captain Rodgers interrupts, "More like infected, though we don't know how they spread from world to world or even if they have some kind of nest or queen...."

    The Phylliroe groans which is translated as, "Incorrect Marshall Sparxsenthrax, my research suggests they are a mutation, happening simultaneously across the Multiverse."

    The man in the brown jacket blurts out loudly, "Fools!  They didn't appear until after we learned to Planeswalk.  We created them by causing Paradox!  How many times do I have to explain it to you??"

    Captain Rodgers slams the edge of shield down, "That's enough, Rasso!"  He takes a deep breath and addresses the party, "We don't know what they are, where they come from,   or how they came to exist on many worlds.  We are trying to figure that out, but we need help. (he sighs deeply) There's a lot we don't understand...."

    Ion adds, "We can teach you to Planeswalk.  You can go home or help us.  It's up to you."  Ion winks at Brick, "You could the hero of the many worlds, think of the ratings."

    The Phylliroe moans, "And now the Golden Dust has appeared.  It seems to be a poison to the Xenomorphs, but it also disrupts Conjuration, Transmutation and Teleportion. (to the party) Do you have any information on the Xenomorphs or the Golden Dust? "
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2391
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  MAS on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:22 pm

    "This seems plainly stated, though none of this "bug" activity has been reported through the Branches..which is odd in itself. I'm curious as to why you found it necessary to kidnap us instead of simply asking for our assistance?" Argul shifts his gaze towards the man in the brown suit...
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:06 pm

    MAS wrote:"This seems plainly stated, though none of this "bug" activity has been reported through the Branches..which is odd in itself. I'm curious as to why you found it necessary to kidnap us instead of simply asking for our assistance?" Argul shifts his gaze towards the man in the brown suit...



    Captain Rodgers follows Argul's gaze warily, "Nobody was kidnapped here.... Ion found you by the Fountain Nexus in the park and tried to get you out of the city.  Natural portals open on their own timing, kind of like a geyser as the energy spills over between worlds.... at least as far as we understand it.  This was our only means of Planeswalking initially.  What are these "Branches" you are referring to?"



    Ion adds, "Planeswalking is kind of like the opposite of BLENDING.  Instead of trying to blend INTO a world, you try to blend OUT of it.  Most of us can't open a portal on our own yet, but if we work together as a group we can open one."

    The party recalls that Captain Rodger's crew moved as group.



    Phylliroe adds, "Sometimes interaction with the Golden Dust and other energy, like a storm or innate transfiguration abilities, can cause an unintentional Planes shift to occur.  Did any of you encounter the Golden Dust before you started shifting?"

    Rasso remains silent.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2391
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  MAS on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:22 pm

    Chris wrote:
    MAS wrote:"This seems plainly stated, though none of this "bug" activity has been reported through the Branches..which is odd in itself. I'm curious as to why you found it necessary to kidnap us instead of simply asking for our assistance?" Argul shifts his gaze towards the man in the brown suit...



    Captain Rodgers follows Argul's gaze warily, "Nobody was kidnapped here.... Ion found you by the Fountain Nexus in the park and tried to get you out of the city.  Natural portals open on their own timing, kind of like a geyser as the energy spills over between worlds.... at least as far as we understand it.  This was our only means of Planeswalking initially.  What are these "Branches" you are referring to?"



    Ion adds, "Planeswalking is kind of like the opposite of BLENDING.  Instead of trying to blend INTO a world, you try to blend OUT of it.  Most of us can't open a portal on our own yet, but if we work together as a group we can open one."

    The party recalls that Captain Rodger's crew moved as group.



    Phylliroe adds, "Sometimes interaction with the Golden Dust and other energy, like a storm or innate transfiguration abilities, can cause an unintentional Planes shift to occur.  Did any of you encounter the Golden Dust before you started shifting?"

    Rasso remains silent.

    "The Branches...are a system of Libraries where information of all sorts is kept safely hidden. They service many Prime Material planes. While they are often at odds with each other, a threat erupting across many planes at once would not be something kept secret. Bad for the entire system, you see. A rival Branch would love to steal a competitor's secrets but would be loathe to see them outright destroyed..lost forever...it would not do! Stands against the very nature of our people."

    Argul gestures towards the man in the Brown suit with his raven headed walking (and flying) stick.

    "Now that man, Mr. Rasso, I believe? He came to me to have a memory read, a secret revealed, as per a standard Library service. Behaving rather suspiciously - I should say! With a talking monkey along, who seemed in more control of his faculties than Mr. Rasso himself, I might add! Anyway, In the midst of performing my reading, the golden dust intruded and I found myself transported. It all seemed very "kidnapping" to me, to be frank. Are you saying that I was not deliberately brought here? Implying that it was random? Because if so, I'd certainly appreciate Mr. Rasso's presence explained to me!"
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:24 pm

    MAS wrote:
    "Now that man, Mr. Rasso, I believe? He came to me to have a memory read, a secret revealed, as per a standard Library service. Behaving rather suspiciously - I should say! With a talking monkey along, who seemed in more control of his faculties than Mr. Rasso himself, I might add! Anyway, In the midst of performing my reading, the golden dust intruded and I found myself transported. It all seemed very "kidnapping" to me, to be frank. Are you saying that I was not deliberately brought here? Implying that it was random? Because if so, I'd certainly appreciate Mr. Rasso's presence explained to me!"


    study Hold that thought for a moment.  I appreciate your enthusiasm and the direction Argul is taking the scene.  However, I want to give the others a chance to reply and ask questions before the scene advances on that plot line

    temporary GM fiat - other replies will go before the accusations against Rasso, but we will get back to this!  Twisted Evil
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2705
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  navyik on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:58 pm

    "Ratings schmatings!". Brick bluffs, (3+10=13).  "Who would... Heh heh... Think about ratings (grandstanding) When the fate of the Universe hangs in the balance!" (10 points).


    Ghost sound is unwittingly cast, playing his adventure theme.

    "Who better to fight off a horde of viscous man eating bugs?! (10 points)  Who better to stand up for the little guy?! (5 points)  Who better to risk certain death!?????  Ratings?!  I'll do it for the kids.  (50 points)  (Fine print). Of course it will have to wait until my manager Steve arrives as Brick Rockman does NOT work without a contract."
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3707
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  whit10 on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:42 am

    Korvaq (cradling his sword) laughs heartily.

    "Interplanar travel is an important interest to me. These creatures you call zenomorphs... they are similar to a beast that infected one of the Klingon Empire's worlds two centuries ago. Many warriors died fighting them.. we had to use first generation bio-genic weapons to destroy them. The world was rendered inhabitable" (he says matter of fact, with a slight smile)

    "This seems an honorable fight. Korvaq, son of Martoq will join you"
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Robyo on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:45 am

    Does Zang have any previous xenobiology knowledge of the xenomorphs?

    A strange situation, indeed... I will play along for now. Yet there is some connection here with the yuan-ti that they are not disclosing.


    Commence monologue:
    "I concur with my studied friend Argul. You will answer for our abductions. And that chap Rasso has a queer look about him, we must know more of his intentions.

    "As for your laughable operation, you don't seem to know dick about what you're up against. The xenos are some serious bugs. It's time for an intel-gathering incursion. I volunteer for such a mission. My constructed form is likely immune to their reproduction instinct. The xenomorphs propagate by impregnating organisms. The 'birthing' process is lethal to the host. But they may just ignore me. Or dismantle me rather than capture me. Either way, I'm not afraid.

    "The xenomorphs have upset the balance of the universe. It is my duty as a druid of Paraxia to rectify the imbalance."

    Zangulor turns to the others standing around. Skree is near by, scratching his ear and licking his balls.

    "In my studies, I have learned the Klingons to be an honorable race. Brave, fearless, yet lacking the sufficient brain-size and mental discipline a true scientist requires. In our recent events, Korvaq's skills have been valuable. He will be a welcome addition.

    Fellow-abductee Brick is a capable fighter, with stunning appeal, if not a touch narcissistic. His talk of ratings reminds me an early device of my own people. A system used for mind-control programming, but disguised as entertainment."

    He turns back to their hosts.

    "I have encountered your gold dust on my adopted planet of Ssyssyx. It was right before Skree and I were transported to Ion's passenger vehicle. The compound itself has indolent effects on organisms and those symptoms were resistant to both my magic and science."
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:56 am

    navyik wrote:"Ratings schmatings!". Brick bluffs, (3+10=13).  "Who would... Heh heh... Think about ratings (grandstanding) When the fate of the Universe hangs in the balance!" (10 points).


    Ghost sound is unwittingly cast, playing his adventure theme.

    "Who better to fight off a horde of viscous man eating bugs?! (10 points)  Who better to stand up for the little guy?! (5 points)  Who better to risk certain death!?????  Ratings?! I'll do it for the kids.  (50 points)  (Fine print). Of course it will have to wait until my manager Steve arrives as Brick Rockman does NOT work without a contract."



    Captain Rodgers laughs, "Somebody get the big guy a contract!  And find Steve."



    Phylliroe gurgles in his tank, "Steve is dead.  He fell out of a hover car."

    Captain Rodgers calls out jokingly, "Anyone here have managerial experience?"

    A female voice replies from one of the listening posts, "I do."  



    A woman walks towards Brick Rockman with a confident smile.  From an unknown location, track lights put her in a spotlight and different theme song plays, though it sounds like a variation of Brick's own theme.  A faint breeze ruffles her feathered hair.  She seems like a proper lady.  "I make all appearances with my stars, negotiate contracts and arrange matches.  However... I ONLY work with CHAMPIONS."

    Ion looks stunned, "Ah, Elizabeth... I had no idea you were so... talented"
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:57 am

    whit10 wrote:Korvaq (cradling his sword) laughs heartily.  

    "Interplanar travel is an important interest to me. These creatures you call zenomorphs... they are similar to a beast that infected one  of the Klingon Empire's worlds two centuries ago. Many warriors died fighting them.. we had to use first generation bio-genic weapons to destroy them.  The world was rendered inhabitable" (he says matter of fact, with a slight smile)

    "This seems an honorable fight. Korvaq, son of Martoq will join you"



    Captain Rodgers clasps Korvaq on the shoulder, "Glad to fight with you, Korvaq, son of Martoq!"


    Last edited by Chris on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:14 am

    Robyo wrote:Does Zang have any previous xenobiology knowledge of the xenomorphs?

    "I have encountered your gold dust on my adopted planet of Ssyssyx. It was right before Skree and I were transported to Ion's passenger vehicle. The compound itself has indolent effects on organisms and those symptoms were resistant to both my magic and science."

    Captain Rodgers, Ion, Sparks and Phylliroe have mixed reactions to Zang's monologue.  

    They disagree with the accusations that anyone was kidnapped (which Zang really wasn't, he got teleported when he tried to shape-shift in a cloud of Golden Dust) and agreed to go with Daxx to a "safe house" from the bridge.  They are intrigued by his knowledge of the Xenos.

    study just to clarify....   Zang's knowledge of Xenomorphs in general is accurate.  As a reminder, Zang made an important connection in the bridge scene

    Chris wrote:Only Zang has seen creatures like this before....

    Robyo wrote: it is the alliance of Yuan-ti and Naga which forms the dominant empire of the planet. Known as the Ssyk Empire, they consider themselves the masters of Ssyssyx. The yuan-ti serve as the enforcers, slave masters, and bodyguards to the Naga Overlords.

    He underwent a quest to find Thaak's Headband. A powerful device for granting it's wearer great wisdom, Zang attained it from the queen of the Yuan-ti, Ssaraharass. She was intrigued by Zang's nature and gave him a history teaching of sorts.

    Zang managed to escape, despite Queen Ssaraharass's best efforts.

    what Zang called the Naga



    Yuan-ti Queen


    study Zang has seen these specific Xenomorphs before, on his adopted homeworld.  Just to clarify, Naga and Yuan-ti are not 2 distinct races, as Zang originally thought (in your backstory).  They are 1 race + a Xenomorph version of that race.

    Zang recalls Cap saying the following earlier (in case it got lost)

    Chris wrote:
    Captain Rodgers interrupts, "More like infected, though we don't know how they spread from world to world or even if they have some kind of nest or queen...."
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Robyo on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:21 am

    Okay, that's cool. I wasn't sure if it was a single race, or perhaps if they took multiple forms, or even if there was magical illusion disguising their true form... Or all of the above!
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:25 am

    Robyo wrote:Okay, that's cool. I wasn't sure if it was a single race, or perhaps if they took multiple forms, or even if there was magical illusion disguising their true form... Or all of the above!

    If you have read any of the Aliens comics, their shape is dependent on the host race. Aliens 3 or 4 had an Alien that came out of a dog, if you saw that one. What we usually see in the movies is a human-xeno.

    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2705
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  navyik on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:11 pm

    Fyi, ratings typically only come up in Brick's internal monologue or when someone is trying to convince him to do something.  He then pretends not to care about ratings while rationalizing and choosing the path he thinks will get the best ratings.  

    "My manager Beth will handle the contract," Brick announces unphased. 

     (Whispered to Beth, but others can still hear) "Tell them I will work for scale.  That always gets their guard down, but then really screw them on synication royalties.  I think the toys will sell like hotcakes.  Make sure we get a good chunk of the merchandising and that Brick Rockman gets top billing as the mission commander.  Don't forget to include a PR cleanup and correction clause to cover any... Um... unfortunate incidents."

    Publicly:. "Now Beth, I need you to talk to the administration here, they have been taking FOREVER to get me medical treatment!"
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:29 pm

    navyik wrote:Fyi, ratings typically only come up in Brick's internal monologue or when someone is trying to convince him to do something.[size=19]

    cheers I picked up on that one

    navyik wrote:
    Publicly:. "Now Beth, I need you to talk to the administration here, they have been taking FOREVER to get me medical treatment!"

    lol!
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:35 pm

    Chris wrote:
    MAS wrote:
    "Now that man, Mr. Rasso, I believe? He came to me to have a memory read, a secret revealed, as per a standard Library service. Behaving rather suspiciously - I should say! With a talking monkey along, who seemed in more control of his faculties than Mr. Rasso himself, I might add! Anyway, In the midst of performing my reading, the golden dust intruded and I found myself transported. It all seemed very "kidnapping" to me, to be frank. Are you saying that I was not deliberately brought here? Implying that it was random? Because if so, I'd certainly appreciate Mr. Rasso's presence explained to me!"


    study Hold that thought for a moment.  I appreciate your enthusiasm and the direction Argul is taking the scene.  However, I want to give the others a chance to reply and ask questions before the scene advances on that plot line

    temporary GM fiat - other replies will go before the accusations against Rasso, but we will get back to this!  Twisted Evil

    study I think we are ready to pick up with Argul's accusations of Rasso, but correct me if I am wrong or you have further questions.  By my count:

    Zang has volunteered for a fact-finding mission, but not yet accepted the inoculation

    Brick is content with a new manager and has requested inoculation

    Korvaq has agreed to fight, but not yet accepted inoculation

    Argul has been inoculated, but not agreed to join b\c of Rasso


    FYI - you don't have to accept inoculation, but you will be required to make F\R\W saves each time you Planeswalk with failed rolls resulting in being KO'd, prone and disorientated (memory lost as to how you got there).

    An FX bot wheels up to inoculate Brick and any others that want to receive the infusion. It can also remove the implant after the treatment.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2391
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  MAS on Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:24 pm

    bounce
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2705
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  navyik on Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:10 pm

    That is affirmative for Brick.   Basketball
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Robyo on Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:12 pm

    Zang and Skree will take inoculation and then have the implants removed.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3707
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  whit10 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:07 am

    Korvaq will accept the inoculation.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:56 am

    The FX bots wheel around to each patient and administer the inoculation, "You want to get well, don't you?" Their pre-programmed script seems far less threatening now.

    All HP damage healed
    All stat damage healed
    All conditions removed

    Condition: FATIGUED from inoculation, will disappear after a rest.

    Implants removed from Skree and Zang.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:14 pm

    MAS wrote:bounce

    MAS wrote:
    "Now that man, Mr. Rasso, I believe? He came to me to have a memory read, a secret revealed, as per a standard Library service. Behaving rather suspiciously - I should say! With a talking monkey along, who seemed in more control of his faculties than Mr. Rasso himself, I might add! Anyway, In the midst of performing my reading, the golden dust intruded and I found myself transported. It all seemed very "kidnapping" to me, to be frank. Are you saying that I was not deliberately brought here? Implying that it was random? Because if so, I'd certainly appreciate Mr. Rasso's presence explained to me!"



    Captain Rodgers gives Rasso a hard look, "Rasso... what's he talking about?"



    Rasso's voice modulates between a (whisper) and a (SHOUT) at inappropriate times, "I was investigating the... LIBRARIES, as we agreed.  HE said it HIMSELF... why haven't the BRANCHES reported ANYTHING?!?"  
    Rasso begins pacing back and forth, speaking to himself as much as the assembled room, "They have either been destroyed or, as I suspect, they are LEAGUE with the Xenomorphs!  YES!  I had to test him, with a reading.... then he just VANISHED.  It is proof that he has been in contact with the GOLDEN dust."  

    He stops and gives Argul a wild stare, "YOU!  Answer.  What is the Library hiding about the DUST?!?"


    study I know the plot is complicated, but you aren't missing anything, his argument is illogical based on what has actually happened. study
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2391
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  MAS on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:34 pm

    Argul smiles compassionately, as one would when faced with a sick child.

    "We have been in contact...with...dust?" he asks rhetorically. "The Library of Ling is not in league with these See-No-More creatures, and I assure you that if they presented an existential threat, the Branches would collaborate in defending the vaults against them."

    He points his walking stick directly at Rasso again....

    "YOU sir, are hiding something. Perhaps not lying, but definitely NOT telling the whole truth!"

    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2705
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  navyik on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:07 pm

    To Argul, "I can rough him up a little, if you want...". Cracks knuckles...
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2791
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Robyo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:36 pm

    Zang notices the tension growing in the room. He does a Sense Motive check on Rasso, trying to detect a lie. 11 + 6 = 17

    Perception check, scanning the room for anything unusual. And the other clowns too. Are they hiding something? 7 + 13 = 20
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2391
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  MAS on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:43 pm

    Argul is also watching for signs of dishonesty -

    Sense motive
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +13" :

    10 + 13 = 23
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:58 am

    Zang doesn't notice anything that is unusual and new.  The whole room could be considered unusual as initially described.  As for the others:  Captain Rodgers definitely seems wary of Rasso and does not appear to be hiding anything.  Ion, Phylliore and Marshall Sparks do not appear to be hiding anything, though they are not as overtly suspicious of Rasso as Cap.   Remember, Scrap, the black woman with the animated dreadlocks and the bugger-picking guy with the mini-gun stayed in the Security room and are not in the tower with you all.  Argul also notes the absence of the monkey.

    As for Rasso...  He is hard to read.  He does not seem to be actively trying to bluff the party.  However, what he is saying doesn't make sense either.  Zang and Argul wonder about the deeper nature of sanity, perception and how they shape what is truth in the mind.....

    navyik wrote:To Argul, "I can rough him up a little, if you want...". Cracks knuckles...



    Rasso turns his gaze to Brick, "Do NOT threaten me, you steroid-inflated BABOON!  I am an Arcanist of the ORDER of MERLIN, Archmage of the Inner CIRCLE, Defender of AVALON.  Dwarf, your Libraries are compromised or destroyed, just peer into the EYE of Horus and you will see."  

    Rasso continues pacing back and forth.  His gestures become quick and erratic.  His voice becomes high-pitched.  "I taught you how to walk the Planes....  I unraveled the mystery of Paradox....  and yet you still question me...  

    let the words flow
    today of all days

    just let them go
    into the ether

    to other souls
    to other hearts filled

    get drunk upon
    their many meanings

    today of all days
    like a raging torrent
    of bloodied wine

    let the words flow....
    "

    A distortion begins to form behind Rasso.  Is he consciously creating it or is it a reflection of his mind?

    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2391
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  MAS on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:48 pm

    "No, this will not do." states Argul, matter of factly. This has the stink of trouble about it, and whatever madness Mr Rasso is about to unleash here is unlikely to be pleasant.

    Argul reaches out his mind to cut off Rasso's access to wherever he is drawing power from....




    MENTAL BLOCK
    School divination [mind-affecting]; Level bard 2, mesmerist 1, psychic 2
    Casting Time 1 standard action
    Components V
    Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Target one creature
    Duration 1 round/level (D)
    Saving Throw Will negates; Spell Resistance yes
    You lock access to the target's procedural memories, preventing it from drawing upon its experience and expertise. The target loses all skill ranks, spells known, spells prepared, and activated feats, as well as its extraordinary, supernatural, and spell-like abilities. Each round at the end of the target's turn, the target can attempt another Will save to end this effect.

    SAVE DC = 18 (10 + 2 (Spell level) + 4 (INT mod) +2 (Phrenic amplification; Overpowering Mind (Ex): The psychic can spend 2 points from her phrenic pool to increase the Will save DC of the linked spell by 1. At 8th level, she can choose to instead spend 4 points to increase the DC by 2.)
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:13 pm

    MAS wrote:"No, this will not do." states Argul, matter of factly. This has the stink of trouble about it, and whatever madness Mr Rasso is about to unleash here is unlikely to be pleasant.

    Argul reaches out his mind to cut off Rasso's access to wherever he is drawing power from....

    study yeah, I sort of figured we would be heading down this path

    To be fair, everyone should roll initiative and provide a stat block to include your SR (if any), CMD and DEX unless you can't be caught Flat Footed (uncanny dodge or whatever)

    I am going to give Argul a SURPRISE action, since narratively he is attempting an interrupt-type action

    Rasso
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 -1" :

    6 - 1 = 5

    COMBAT SEQUENCE:

    surprise - Argul
    ___________________________________
    Captain Rodgers 17
    Marshall Sparx 9
    Ion 7

    Rasso 5





    ***EDIT - if you have an objection to your placement, let me know***


    Last edited by Chris on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3707
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  whit10 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:57 pm

    Matt, are you starting shit again just to cause problems? lol

    Initiative for Korvaq:

    Roll(1d20)+3:
    16,+3
    Total:19
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4924
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    24/24  (24/24)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Chris on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:59 pm

    Chris wrote:
    To be fair, everyone should roll initiative and provide a stat block to include your SR (if any), CMD and DEX unless you can't be caught Flat Footed (uncanny dodge or whatever)


    and AC, HP, etc

    reminder, everyone is fully healed and FATIGUED from the inoculation

    Chris wrote:
    COMBAT SEQUENCE:

    surprise - Argul
    ___________________________________
    Korvaq 19
    Captain Rodgers 17
    Marshall Sparx 9
    Ion 7

    Rasso 5


    Sponsored content

    Re: A fear of needles

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:42 pm