Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

4 posters

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say.

Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0/0Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Empty Re: Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say.

Post  Robyo Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:24 am

Chris wrote:fugly chain demoness decides that Ghost's mind is too strong, surprisingly, for her charms.  She goes back to the basics - whips and chains!

She gets 2 attacks and lashes at Ghost with whip (chain)

1 hit and 1 miss

Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +4" :

4 + 4 + 4 = 12

12 piercing damage + Ghost is grappled (DC 14 to escape\break)

Ghost
    AC 15 (kimono)
    Hp 80/96
    Temp HP: 0
    Initiative +5
    Fighting Spirit: 2/3
    Conditon: Grappled

Grappled
    A grappled creature’s speed becomes 0, and it can’t benefit from any bonus to its speed.
    The condition ends if the Grappler is incapacitated (see the condition).
    The condition also ends if an effect removes the grappled creature from the reach of the Grappler or Grappling effect, such as when a creature is hurled away by the Thunderwave spell.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue35/35Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Empty Re: Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say.

Post  Chris Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:25 pm

navyik wrote:As a bonus action, Mime sets his Hunter's mark on the drone.  Mime then fires twice on the drone.

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +8" :

4 + 8 = 12 miss?

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +8" :

20 + 8 = 28. Crit

Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +3" :

4 + 6 + 3 = 13

For the crit Result of the throw of dice "1d6" :

14 dmg

Mime may use his action Surge to fire on the drone twice more if the panther is possessed.

12 is also a hit, so please roll some more damage cheers

Let's wait and see if Josh can correctly calculate his Save scratch

and for the record, if you recall Benowitz, he wasn't immediately possessed.  this is a STUN attack, the drone has to disable the target (with his stun or otherwise) and then initiate an Intelligence contest (strange characters of streaming data you saw) to take control of his mind.  It literally erases (eats) his brain and transfers (teleports, technically) itself into his mind Twisted Evil

if the host is killed, it can exit the body and find a new host, which is what happened when you killed Benowitz's body

GHost can probably just go as well since he is dealing with his fugly demon geisha
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue19/19Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1/0Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:31 pm

Ok, it's actually a 16 then on the Int. Save. My bad.

Any allies within 10' get a +3 bonus vs. spells as well

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue68/68Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:32 pm

Apologies for clogging this up with assumptions...

6 + 5 + 3 = 14. Damage for the first attack that hit w/ 12
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue35/35Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:47 pm

navyik wrote:Apologies for clogging this up with assumptions...

6 + 5 + 3 = 14. Damage for the first attack that hit w/ 12

no problem, I like to keep things moving

Mime tags the Tech Noid Drone twice.  It sparks, but keeps hovering.  It does appear to have some sort of light armor plating that gives it resistance to bullets (piercing damage).  

Menkaure fights off the Drone's STUN attack cheers

map is still current

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Red_lo24

Menkaure is up

Ghost can also go, as I doubt they would interfere
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue19/19Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1/0Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:06 pm

ok, let's do this smart for once...

Menkaure shouts "By Ra's mighty power... I smite thee, demon!!"

The extra damage is 2d8 for a
    1st-level spell slot, plus 1d8 for each spell level higher
    than 1st, to a maximum o f 5d8. The damage increases
    by 1d8 if the target is an undead or a fiend.

Move to u-16, expend one 2nd level spell slot for an extra 2d8 damage (plus 1d8 for her being a fiend)

Mekaure swipes at her with his powerful front claws....

Roll(1d20)+8:
    19,+8
    Total:27

I think that should hit:

Claws and str. -
    Roll(1d4)+5:
    2,+5
    Total:7

Smite damage (radiant damage) -
    Roll(3d8)+0:
    8,4,4,+0
    Total:16

total of 23 points of damage

My only question is should that be two claw attacks or just the one? I would think that it's only one unless he has two weapon fighting stuff... but I could be wrong

AC: 19
    Initiative: +3
    Movement: 30’
    HP: 88
    Prof. Bonus: +3
    1 first and 1 second level spell slot used for today
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:13 pm

Chris wrote:And for the record, if you recall Benowitz, he wasn't immediately possessed.  this is a STUN attack, the drone has to disable the target (with his stun or otherwise) and then initiate an Intelligence contest (strange characters of streaming data you saw) to take control of his mind.  It literally erases (eats) his brain and transfers (teleports, technically) itself into his mind Twisted Evil

if the host is killed, it can exit the body and find a new host, which is what happened when you killed Benowitz's body

Ghost can probably just go as well since he is dealing with his fugly demon geisha

Far out man! Interesting way to "reskin" the drone.

Ghost is grappled, so he has 0 movement, but he can still attack without penalty (as far as I know).

He spends another dose of Fighting Spirit. He's gonna butcher this pain-loving bitch.

1st Attack) 6, 7... 7 + 9 = 16; if a hit: 2 + 6 = 8 Radiant damage.
    2nd) 8, 3... 8 + 9 = 17; if a hit: 4 + 6 = 10R.

Ghost
    AC 15 (kimono)
    Hp 80/96
    Temp HP: 5
    Initiative +5
    Fighting Spirit: 1/3
    Conditon: Grappled
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue68/68Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:15 pm

Anyone can attack with an offhand weapon as a bonus action.  Feats and abilities for two weapon fighting only improve the damage.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:24 pm

whit10 wrote:

total of 23 points of damage

My only question is should that be two claw attacks or just the one?  I would think that it's only one unless he has two weapon fighting stuff... but I could be wrong

so anytime Menkaure attacks, he can make 2 attacks as there is no such thing as "full round attack" in 5e

E x t r a A t t a c k
    Beginning at 5th level, you can attack twice, instead o f
    once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.

however, that doesn't really answer the question about Smite

i v i n e S m i t e
    Starting at 2nd level, when you hit a creature with a
    melee w eapon attack, you can expend one paladin spell
    slot to deal radiant damage to the target, in addition to
    the w eapon’s damage. The extra damage is 2d8 for a
    1st-level spell slot, plus 1d8 for each spell level higher
    than 1st, to a maximum o f 5d8. The damage increases
    by 1d8 if the target is an undead or a fiend.

The Divine Smite applies to only 1 attack each time it is used. So Menkaure could attack twice normally, 1 smite + 1 normal, or 2 smites (using 2 spell slots).
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:27 pm

Robyo wrote:

Far out man! Interesting way to "reskin" the drone.

Ghost is grappled, so he has 0 movement, but he can still attack without penalty (as far as I know).

He spends another dose of Fighting Spirit. He's gonna butcher this pain-loving bitch.

1st Attack) 6, 7... 7 + 9 = 16; if a hit: 2 + 6 = 8 Radiant damage.
    2nd) 8, 3... 8 + 9 = 17; if a hit: 4 + 6 = 10R.

cheers thanks! Intellect Devourers have always been some of my favorite monsters.  I reduced their melee attack and speed to give them limited flight.

I agree that Grapple really only stops movement.  

The big black panther lunges at the demoness with glowing claws. She shrieks in delight!

Ghost continues to julienne her as well. Their combined attacks drop her. At least she died with a smile on her twisted face.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:54 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I'm still getting used to this, sorry for the slow progress (just got 4000 pages of disco dropped on me today too, WEEEE!!!!)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:03 pm

Chris wrote:Initiative:

Mime 20
    Menkaure 19
    Ghost 18  
    chain demoness  15
    GITH\parasol geisha 12
    Benowitz  Tech Noid Drone  8
    Tech Noid Drone 6
    Agent Yellow River #1    4

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Gith12

The Gith lady at the bar hisses and shoots an evil look at YR#1.  She clearly recognizes him.  She quickly assess her situation, which doesn't look so good without the fugly chain demoness protecting her.  She has lost 1/2 her drones and the last one is badly damaged.  The loss of information in Benowitz's brain is a setback that angers her greatly.  However, she is not foolish enough to keep fighting a losing battle on her own, especially now that the odds have turned against her.

She holds 2 fingers to her temple and uses her other hand to trace a circle in the air.  The air around her outstretched fingers begins to spark like metal scrapping pavement.  Soon a circle forms in front of her.  Just before she steps through it, she smirks at YR#1, "Maybe next time, Donnie."  She steps through the portal, though the party can see her, as if through a window, on the other side.

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Portal11

The party can see a glimpse of the landscape, their only clue as to where she went.  They can see a tall crystal building with a bright light on the top, maybe a tower or a lighthouse.  She appears to be standing on a mountain top or perhaps floating rocks.  There is no sky visible, only stars and a moon or planet for a backdrop.

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Crysta10
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:25 pm

Agent YR#1 finishes off the last drone that was badly wounded.

Combat is over, unless you all decide to fight each other or attack Donnie.

The rest of the geishas and serving girls comfort each other.  Many of the intoxicated patrons are staring wide-eyed in confusion, though they seem happy it is all over.

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Yr11010

Agent YR#1 approaches Mime, Ghost and Menkaure.  "I am sorry that didn't go as planned.  We thought Benowitz was going to turn evidence over to us but the Gith must have caught wind of the operation.  It appears we have a leak in our agency.  Benowitz had information about how the Gith were moving between planes, which we all believed was impossible without the use of the Road."

to Ghost, "Hoggarth is working with us.  When she learned Benowitz was involved with inter-planar thieves, she put out the word and we found her. We have had many reports of strange disappearances across Meta City."

to Mime, "Handler is one of our... handlers.  You have been helping us for some time.  We use many freelance agents to deflect attention."

to Menkaure, "I contacted Sekhmet- Kara asking for help, as the problem seems to involve all the planes around Meta City.  As far as she knows, we are just the human intelligence agency. You are free to tell her as much or as little as you desire. We wouldn't ask you to act against Memphis."

to everyone, "We are much more than that, though we remain a small organization. We have reason to believe that the Asuran trade minister was killed by the Gith.  We need more help, if any of you are interested.  It would likely involve travel.  The most immediate action would be to try and discover where she went and track her down."
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:04 pm

Menkaure deactivates his Shield of Faith and resumes his friendly posture.

"I will assist you in any way that I can. My people are not normally used to dealing with threats like this."

(did my mistress give me a way to communicating with her outside Memphis? I don't remember anything like that)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:40 pm

whit10 wrote:Menkaure deactivates his Shield of Faith and resumes his friendly posture.

"I will assist you in any way that I can. My people are not normally used to dealing with threats like this."

(did my mistress give me a way to communicating with her outside Memphis?  I don't remember anything like that)

Communication is a real issue since any lines would be crossing planes with different rules of reality.

Wards in Meta City have communication via messenger services as it physically takes someone to move from one plane to the next.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:06 pm

"Handler's data stream is compromised.  She is likely dead.  Excuse me."

Mime goes into the parlor and looses the bound Geisha.  "You have not dishonoured your employer.  Your discipline is to be commended," he says while untying the knots.  "It is a rare character quality that is very important in my business. Should you ever desire another line of employment, call this number and ask for Yoshi." He gives her a card. The number is just zero.  "I will find you."

Mime returns to the meeting.

"Perhaps we can begin with some architectural research?"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:13 pm

navyik wrote:"Handler's data stream is compromised.  She is likely dead.  Excuse me."

Mime goes into the parlor and looses the bound Geisha.  "You have not dishonoured your employer.  Your discipline is to be commended," he says while untying the knots.  "It is a rare character quality that is very important in my business. Should you ever desire another line of employment, call this number and ask for Yoshi." He gives her a card.  The number is just zero.  "I will find you."

Mime returns to the meeting.

"Perhaps we can begin with some architectural research?"

Golden Fan nods in appreciation and leaves
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:15 pm

Mime also pays her wage.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:35 pm

To agent YR#1,"Intriguing. How much does it pay?"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:09 pm

Robyo wrote:To agent YR#1,"Intriguing. How much does it pay?"

"We can iron out the details later, but for now, we need to gather your gear and get out of here before the Yaks decide we have worn out our welcome."

YR#1 will escort the party back down the elevator, past the Yak guards, who went upstairs and gets them all their gear back.  Mime, Ghost and Menkaure follow him outside and back onto the glowing neon streets of Night City.

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 1_zl_310

study all gear is returned, no issues

The party can hear sirens approaching and the hum of police ornithopters.

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Blade-10

YR#1 doesn't seem to have any interest in sticking around to explain himself to the local cops.  YR#1 leads the party quickly through the tangled streets.  The party notices something odd as they walk....  in fact, what is odd is that the party didn't make a connection before.....  the party sees many of those small flying drones all over the city.  The party has all seen them before and just ignored them.  They are like robotic crows or rats.  They tend to siphon power off teles or signs, scavenge parts in small flocks or packs, and stick to the shadows.  Though commonly ignored, the party now feels paranoid about their presence.

YR#1 ducks into a crowded bar that welcomes all manner of customers

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Josh-h10

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Yr11011

As if in anticipation of more questsions, "It's not that what we do is illegal, but we don't answer to any local law enforcement.  It just keeps our operations running more smoothly.  As for payment, that is handled on a case-by-case basis.  This job appears to involve some research, most likely extensive planar travel and then the capture or elimination of the Gith target.  It pays 50k Nuyen (500gp) per person (it will likely take more than 1 level) and you would begin to earn Marks of Prestige within the MSA."

study Prestige earns special privileges like:  Favors, Titles, Rights and eventually Blessings and Boons.

study Prestige can be earned with many organizations depending on what direction you all want to go.  You voted for a party get-together and law enforcement theme so that is the direction this is going. You can decide to change at any time, but until further notice, that is the path.

YR#1 continues, "I will look into what happened to Handler.  But beyond that, you guys are on your own.  Feel free to recruit more help, if you need it, but they are your responsibility.  For now, find that Gith!"

Mission for MSA:

figure out location of crystal tower\lighthouse place
    track down the Gith
    kill or capture Gith

YR#1 "Any other questions?"
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:24 pm

"Do you have any reliable messengers? I would like to send a message to my Mistress about these occurrences."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:29 pm

whit10 wrote:"Do you have any reliable messengers? I would like to send a message to my Mistress about these occurrences."

YR#1 replies, "It's always safer to use your own resources. Or just go visit Memphis yourself before you all leave. You may want special supplies from home once you figure out where you are going."
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:15 pm

"A fair point."

To his companions... "are any of you injured?"
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:18 pm

"Thank you for asking about my well being. I have not sustained injury.". Mime's voice is high and ethereal. He is androgynous and formal, almost on the autism spectrum. He would not describe himself as awkward, but you may feel like he should be. He is not effeminate or unrelatable, but vague and ordinary. You almost have to make a wis save to study him.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:46 pm

study I know you guys are flying a bit blind at the moment. my suggestions:

chat and get to know each other

ask YR#1 any more questions

come up with a plan to figure out the location of the crystal lighthouse - be creative or use your contacts. it's not meant to be hard, just some fun research and a chance to explore the City before you set off on the Road through the planes. hint.... it's likely to be a long journey so keep that in mind.

we'll do the prep work here, then a new chapter for the trip.

I gotta figure out xp in 5e, but you guys had a solid fight (without gear) and passed the social scene(s) leading up to it by following clues, getting up the elevators, good socializing and roleplaying! cheers
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:39 pm

Mime scuttled his comlink. He pays cash at a kiosk for a couple track phones along with a gift card for data and minutes. Untraceable.

"I would like to check with a couple of contacts."

Booty hole may have experience with improper alterations of the pigeon drones.

Osage travels the edges of the road a lot. He may have seen some new faces or places recently.

If handler is alive, she is burned. No point in following up on her for now. YR#1 will address that. "Excuse me Yellow River One," Mime asks politely offering his track phone. "Can you authenticate?"
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:49 pm

Once more comfortably geared up and back out on the street, Ghost dings Torunn. He sends him copies of the pictures he'd snapped. Then texts, "Shitz gone vertical. Going in deeper. Pass along any info re: gith, crystal tower/lighthouse, drone pests."

"Gentlemen, I am honored to make your acquaintance. Shall we go to the library?"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:05 pm

navyik wrote:Mime scuttled his comlink.  He pays cash at a kiosk for a couple track phones along with a gift card for data and minutes.  Untraceable.  

"I would like to check with a couple of contacts."

Booty hole may have experience with improper alterations of the pigeon drones.

Osage travels the edges of the road a lot.  He may have seen some new faces or places recently.

If handler is alive, she is burned.  No point in following up on her for now.  YR#1 will address that.  "Excuse me Yellow River One," Mime asks politely offering his track phone.  "Can you authenticate?"

study What exactly do you want YR#1 to do with the phones?

"burner phones" can still be tracked using IMSI catchers through WiFi hotspots, not to mention Stingrays, but there is no "account data" unless you logged into google for maps or email, which I imagine Mime wouldn't. anyways.....

Booty Hole - "You see them too? I knew it! I knew it! I thought I was going crazy. Then I told Big-Mouth Manchetti and he said I was crazy too. They are getting SMART. I think they are evolving or their code has gone AI or something. I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. They rebuild each other now and it seems like the more of them that gather in one place, the smarter they get. If you see it too, then I was right! I was right, all these years!"

Osage - "That place sounds like its waaay out there, man. Like, the edge of the universe, man. Like, far out, man. Maybe beyond the Blue Heavens, man."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:56 pm

Robyo wrote:Once more comfortably geared up and back out on the street, Ghost dings Torunn. He sends him copies of the pictures he'd snapped. Then texts, "Shitz gone vertical. Going in deeper. Pass along any info re: gith, crystal tower/lighthouse, drone pests."

Torunn - Oi, Chummer. Ey 'ad a couple a jobs recently investigating property damage and theft o' electrical services involving pigeon drones. Nuthin special, really. Ey found dey been siphoning power more aggressively. Who is Gith? Ey don't know dat one. Crystal lighthouse, eh? Dat one sounds familiar.... like in the kiddy book? "The Library at Star's End?" glowing white tower on the moon if Ey 'member it right.... beyond the Sky Maze.... flying space whales.... "
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:58 pm

Menkaure feels a bit out of his element here but the Crystal Lighthouse is something that should (he thinks) register as some kind of 'magical' landmark.

...any way for him to contact Garok, the Chromite?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:31 pm

whit10 wrote:Menkaure feels a bit out of his element here but the Crystal Lighthouse is something that should (he thinks) register as some kind of 'magical' landmark.

...any way for him to contact Garok, the Chromite?

sure, how does Menkaure usually contact him?

there isn't any time crunch here, go visit if you want. everyone was told to use contacts and gear up. consider this like a planning phase. the others are just more high-tech and in their home ward, so they are calling
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:55 pm

I dunno... morse code on some rocks?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:26 pm

whit10 wrote:I dunno... morse code on some rocks?

lol! uh....

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:34 pm

so far the party has been told the Crystal Tower\Lighthouse is....

beyond the Sky Maze, the Library at Star's End

beyond the Blue Heavens

way out there

you guys are in the NE ward of the city, known commonly as Night City or New Tsian

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Metaci10

in the SE corner is the floating city of the Asura, Rata Sum

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Map_of12

beyond Rata Sum is the Sky Maze, followed by the Blue Heavens.  this is the elemental Air road.  nothing is officially mapped beyond the Blue Heavens.... yet

remember, this is going to be a far-out, planes traveling, adventure (not a kooky mind-bender).  the only known way to travel the planes (before the Gith opened some kind of portal) is to actually follow the Road and go from plane-to-plane-to-plane
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:37 pm

Chris wrote:Torunn - Oi, Chummer.  Ey 'ad a couple a jobs recently investigating property damage and theft o' electrical services involving pigeon drones.  Nuthin special, really.  Ey found dey been siphoning power more aggressively.  Who is Gith?  Ey don't know dat one.  Crystal lighthouse, eh?  Dat one sounds familiar.... like in the kiddy book?  "The Library at Star's End?"  glowing white tower on the moon if Ey 'member it right.... beyond the Sky Maze.... flying space whales.... "

Ok, well if Gith are off the radar, I guess we just track them down the old fashioned way (sniffing).

"We can either waste more time in town here, try to find out some information at the library, or perhaps look up some knowledgeable guilds, or we can just get on The Road. We may need rent a car tho."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:04 pm

Robyo wrote:

Ok, well if Gith are off the radar, I guess we just track them down the old fashioned way (sniffing).

"We can either waste more time in town here, try to find out some information at the library, or perhaps look up some knowledgeable guilds, or we can just get on The Road. We may need rent a car tho."

yeah, Gith really are not known as a race at this point. I probably should have used a different name for them, but they are Gith (planes travelers, psychics, etc)

up to you all on how to proceed, but a car won't likely work past the Floating City of Rata Sum. Sky Maze and Blue Heavens will require unique forms of transportation that will only by available locally. Cool think exotic mounts and such
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:23 pm

Chris wrote:so far the party has been told the Crystal Tower\Lighthouse is....

beyond the Sky Maze, the Library at Star's End

beyond the Blue Heavens

way out there

you guys are in the NE ward of the city, known commonly as Night City or New Tsian

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Metaci10

in the SE corner is the floating city of the Asura, Rata Sum

Chapter 1: And whither then? I cannot say. - Page 5 Map_of12

beyond Rata Sum is the Sky Maze, followed by the Blue Heavens.  this is the elemental Air road.  nothing is officially mapped beyond the Blue Heavens.... yet

remember, this is going to be a far-out, planes traveling, adventure (not a kooky mind-bender).  the only known way to travel the planes (before the Gith opened some kind of portal) is to actually follow the Road and go from plane-to-plane-to-plane

...yeah, Gith really are not known as a race at this point. I probably should have used a different name for them, but they are Gith (planes travelers, psychics, etc)

up to you all on how to proceed, but a car won't likely work past the Floating City of Rata Sum. Sky Maze and Blue Heavens will require unique forms of transportation that will only by available locally. Cool think exotic mounts and such

My vote is for the Lighthouse. Tho Mad Max is definitely more Ghost's style, but he is intrigued by the paths to Atlantis and The Skymaze (cool map btw).

I say we rent a van, a durable GMC Bulldog, and drive till we no longer can. At the Floating City, get other transport.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:24 am

second the Lighthouse suggestion
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:28 pm

sounds like a plan. I will get the next chapter up and running as soon as I can.

this is the first week back to teaching at the college and my caseload suddenly became.... dense lol!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:08 pm

just so everyone is aware... I'm not playing the Pally anymore. I'm going with the first guy that I made, basically a twin of the pally that is a Eldritch Fighter instead. I like the abilities better, I like the background better and I'm really sick of playing Paladins (this would be like, the 4th one in 10 years)

Menkaure is summoned by his mistress. He returns to Memphis.

... someone else is sent instead Twisted Evil

Please see my page for the updated character
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:25 pm

ok, no problem

this campaign is pretty open. people can come, go or change as they please. as long as whatever you are playing agrees to some role in protecting Meta City and the planes from threats, it should be fine. currently, the party is working as freelancers for the MSA trying to track down the Gith from the Panda Karoake

MSA is just one of many factions at play, as the game, the party will meet more and earn reputation (for good or ill) with them
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:18 pm

sorry for the delay on my end

Is everyone ready to get on the road?

if not, post your questions here

if so, proceed

https://lodgestgaming.forumotion.com/t377-it-s-a-dangerous-business-frodo-going-out-your-door#19673
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:18 pm

whit10 wrote:To his companions... "are any of you injured?"

Ghost would have taken Menkaure up on some healing.

I suppose we get a short rest?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:03 pm

sure, short rest and Menkaure healed everyone HP damage

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:58 pm