Josef909
whit10
6 posters

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue35/35Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Empty Re: Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts

Post  Chris Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:46 am

Stout Sgt calls out, "One in the water, two on deck and two in the air..... make that two in the water and one on deck now, HAR HAR!  good shot, witch!"

Chris wrote:
    initiative  Round 2

Renda 23
    Sjon 19
    Stout Sgt (hat) = 19
    ONE-EYED ROGAN 19
    Hawkes 16
    Sam 14
    Crispy 13 FLYING
    Witch  13
    bearded (1) 11
    bard 8
    ranger 4
    Worgs 3

Tiefling whores 0

whew, now that all that is resolved, Rogan is up at 19 also

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Rogan10

Rogan charges up the steps at O-7.  He is obviously pissed off (Rage) and still naked.  Rogan is a 1/2 orc, but one wonders if the other half was Clydesdale.  One-Eyed Rogan may have earned his nickname from whores not fellow pirates.  

"Clear these scum off my ship!"  Rogan howls

Rogan is carrying a javelin in 1 hand and an anchor with a long chain in the other hand.  He moves to M-6 and RECKLESSLY (adv on first attack, others get adv vs him) hurls the javelin down at Capt Hawkes in the water who is within 30ft

javelin vs Hawkes
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +8" :

20 + 8 = 28

cheers big ouch, sorry captain

Rogan gets an extra crit die from his Brutal Critical ability

damage
    Result of the throw of dice "3d6 +7" :

3 + 3 + 2 + 7 = 15  piercing

Rogan has another attack, but no viable target.  He adjusts the anchor to his main hand and holds the other end of the chain in his off hand.

like this, but with an anchor-shaped head  

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Meteor10

map updated

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Rogan_22

study let me know if anyone uses any mitigating effects

otherwise Hawkes is up
    Sam on deck
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Empty Re: Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:08 pm

how does Uncanny Dodge affect this? Just the half damage or does the distance get halved as well.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue35/35Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:23 pm

whit10 wrote:how does Uncanny Dodge affect this?  Just the half damage or does the distance get halved as well.

it would be just half the damage, distance is not affected

however, Sam can't use his Uncanny Dodge right now because he already used his Reaction for the Opportunity Attack. you only get 1 Reaction per turn

I just made the same mistake with the Stout Sgt when Joe attacked him, I tried to use 2 Reactions for Parry and then an AoO. <buzzer> denied
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:43 pm

grrr... that bitch is sooooo dead
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:51 pm

whit10 wrote:grrr... that bitch is sooooo dead

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Rogan11

I have fought many boarding parties, master rogue, I know how to defend my own ship
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:07 pm

...famous last words
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68/68Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:44 pm

Cap'n Hawkes
    AC 17
    Hp 63/48

Water Breathing

Spell save 14
    Passive perception 14
    Passive insight 17

"Now he turns into a bird..." Hawkes Huff's.  "You could have given me a ride!!!"

"Hey Captain," Hawkes hollers at the Sargent.  "Your orc has a strong arm," he viciously mocks.

Result of the throw of dice "1d4" :

2 damage
    Wish DC 14

Vicious Mockery
    Enchantment cantripCasting Time: 1 action Range: 60 feet Components: V Duration: InstantaneousYou unleash a string of insults laced with subtle enchantments at a creature you can see within range. If the target can hear you (though it need not understand you), it must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or take 1d4 psychic damage and have disadvantage on the next attack roll it makes before the end of its next turn.

"It's okay.  I don't want your little boat.  I'm going to scuttle her from below."

As a bonus action, hawkes cheers on Renda.  "Atta boy!  They're definitely not clan!" Bardic inspiration 1d6.

Hawkes swims beneath out of sight before thumping on the hull as he heads towards the anchor rope. How many squares can he swim?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:21 am

navyik wrote:

"Hey Captain," Hawkes hollers at the Sargent.  "Your orc has a strong arm," he viciously mocks.

Result of the throw of dice "1d4" :

2 damage
    Wish DC 14

As a bonus action, hawkes cheers on Renda.  "Atta boy!  They're definitely not clan!" Bardic inspiration 1d6.

Hawkes swims beneath out of sight before thumping on the hull as he heads towards the anchor rope.  How many squares can he swim?

C l im b i n g , Sw i m m i n g , a n d C r a w l in g
    While climbing or swimming, each foot o f movement
    costs 1 extra foot (2 extra feet in difficult terrain), unless
    a creature has a climbing or swimming speed. At the
    DM’s option, climbing a slippery vertical surface or
    one with few handholds requires a successful Strength
    (Athletics) check. Similarly, gaining any distance in
    rough water might require a successful Strength
    (Athletics) check.

so half speed, no athletics check needed as the bay is calm

Stout Sgt fails his roll and takes 2 damage and has DISADVANTAGE next turn

I changed Hawkes template to a blue color to represent being under water and marked the anchor on the ship with a yellow circle.  I gave Hawkes a straight line for swimming under the boat just to keep it simple.

study Renda and the bard are right next to the gear that hoists the anchor if Hawkes needs further help climbing

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Rogan_24

Chris wrote:
    initiative  Round 2

Renda 23
    Sjon 19  FLYING
    Stout Sgt (hat) = 19
    ONE-EYED ROGAN 19
    Hawkes 16
    Sam 14
    Crispy 13 FLYING
    Witch  13
    bearded (1) 11
    bard 8
    ranger 4
    Worgs 3

Tiefling whores 0

Sam is up
    Crispy on deck
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:17 pm

Need some clarification here.... Misty Step is a Bonus Action to cast, does that mean Sam can cast Misty Step AFTER sending a Firebolt at the Stout Sgt?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:28 pm

whit10 wrote:Need some clarification here.... Misty Step is a Bonus Action to cast, does that mean Sam can cast Misty Step AFTER sending a Firebolt at the Stout Sgt?

sure, you can use a Bonus Action at any time during your turn
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:43 pm

ok then.... Firebolt at the Stout Sgt.

Roll(1d20)+6:
    6,+6
    Total:12

crap... use of 1 Luck Point for a re-roll

Roll(1d20)+6:
    19,+6
    Total:25

That's more like it..

Damage:
    Roll(2d10)+0:
    8,7,+0
    Total:15

15 damage to the Stout Sgt.  Sam will then use Misty Step to teleport to J -6.  By my reading (and I could be wrong) he can also still move?

If that's right, Sam will move to J-7 to help out the Cap'n....

AC: 17
    +1 Studded Leather
    Saves: Dex. & Int. Immune to Magical Sleep and Advantage vs. Charm spells
    HP: 51, Current: 46
    Movement: 30’
    Initiative: +4
    Magic Attack Mod: +6
    2 Luck points left for the day

Last edited by whit10 on Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:24 pm

study I think that works, but did you actually do the math or are you just guessing??  
    Sam is -20ft down and -15ft out, which is more than the 30ft for Misty Step

using a right angle calculation, the hypotenuse is 25ft

first of all, the Firebolt hits and the Stout Sgt goes up in flames!  

Sam can blink up to J-6, using the above math

Yes, Sam still has a move action. However, I am unclear what you mean by help the Cap't.  Hawkes is under the boat swimming over to the anchor side.  That's why his token is shaded out in blue.  I am sorry if that wasn't clear.

Where would Sam like to move, if anywhere?

map current, pending any movement

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Rogan_25

Crispy is up, unless you want to wait and see where Sam finishes his move
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:01 pm

my apologies... just move him to J-8

I didn't see the bit about Hawkes being under the boat.

And if you think I remember geometry at this point in life (given that I have absolutely no use for it) you're really reaching. It looked like it was in range to me...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:14 pm

whit10 wrote:my apologies... just move him to J-8

I didn't see the bit about Hawkes being under the boat.

And if you think I remember geometry at this point in life (given that I have absolutely no use for it) you're really reaching. It looked like it was in range to me...

I bet Whitey could do pirate-math that in his head pirat

I will update the map after Crispy's turn, Sam is at J-8

Crispy can ignite at will
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:19 pm

yeah, I'm sure he could....

Whether or not anybody could elaborate on the 12th century BCE dark ages in the eastern Mediterranean is another matter....

We all have our merits and flaws... mine is math and it always has been
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue30/30Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:30 pm

Whitey’s already 3D mapped this whole encounter in his head and considered AoE and melee ramifications in the vertical plane. (In engineering parlance sea level is typically elevation zero. Your choice of deck surface as the zero point is more typical of architects. I’ll allow it, but I don’t have to like it.) That being said, I’ll post Crispy’s turn later this evening.
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue30/30Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:19 pm

Pyriannix "Crispy"

HP: 52
    Ki: (3/3)
    Sorcery Points (5/3)
    Spells:
    1st: (4/4)
    2nd: (3/2)
    3rd: (2/1

Hexed. Disadvantage on Dex saves

Crispy spends a Sorcery Point to Twin the cantrip Fire Bolt:

"When you Cast a Spell that Targets only one creature and doesn’t have a range of self, you can spend a number of sorcery points equal to the spell’s level to target a second creature in range with the same spell (1 sorcery point if the spell is a cantrip)."

Fire Bolt
    Casting Time 1 action
    Range 120 feet
    Components V S
    Duration Instantaneous
    Make a ranged spell attack. On hit, the target takes 1d10 fire damage. A flammable object hit by this spell ignites if it isn't being worn or carried.

This spell's damage increases by 1d10 when you reach 5th, 11th, and 17th level.

He launches the first Fire Bolt at the w(b)itch at I-10 who put a hex on him:
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +6" :

19 + 6 = 25
    Damage:
    Result of the throw of dice "2d10" :

4 + 4 = 8

Crispy tosses the second Bolt at G-8 to see if he can't toast Renda's dinner for him:

20 + 6 = 26 (Crit!)
    Damage:
    Result of the throw of dice "4d10" :

9 + 4 + 3 + 5 = 21

He will hold his movement pending results of that action...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:57 am

Whitey wrote:

He launches the first Fire Bolt at the w(b)itch at I-10 who put a hex on him:

19 + 6 = 25
    Damage:

4 + 4 = 8

Crispy tosses the second Bolt at G-8 to see if he can't toast Renda's dinner for him:

20 + 6 = 26 (Crit!)
    Damage:
    Result of the throw of dice "4d10" :

9 + 4 + 3 + 5 = 21

He will hold his movement pending results of that action...

sorry for the delay our system was down for a bit this morning....

Crispy tags both targets with his twinned firebolt

the feline bard nearly drops (2 HP left) and is in very bad shape with a hungry croc next to him

the Witch takes the firebolt like a boxer getting grazed on the chin, it just makes her mad!  
    as a Reaction she points her finger at Crispy and unleashes a Hellish Rebuke for his insolence in daring to attack her

H e l l i s h R e b u k e
    1st-level evocation
    Casting Time: 1 reaction, which you take in response
    to being damaged by a creature within 60 feet o f you
    that you can see
    Range: 60 feet
    Components: V, S
    Duration: Instantaneous
    You point your finger, and the creature that damaged
    you is momentarily surrounded by hellish flames. The
    creature must make a Dexterity saving throw. It takes
    2d10 fire damage on a failed save, or half as much
    damage on a successful one.

DEX DC 14 - remember disadvantage  Twisted Evil

6 + 7 = 13

HEX damage

Result of the throw of dice "1d6" :

13 fire damage
    2 necrotic damage

Crispy still has his move
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:02 pm

And since she took damage she has a saving throw on the Hex concentration, yes?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:55 am

Whitey wrote:And since she took damage she has a saving throw on the Hex concentration, yes?

study huh?  what?  rules......  

yes, CON saving throw DC 10 or 1/2 damage she took ( 8 ) so DC 10

Result of the throw of dice "1d20" :

moving on to the baddies turn, since it looks like Crispy isn't moving
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:01 am

Chris wrote:
    initiative  Round 2

Renda 23
    Sjon 19  FLYING
    Stout Sgt (hat) = 19
    ONE-EYED ROGAN 19
    Hawkes 16
    Sam 14
    Crispy 13 FLYING
    Witch  13
    bearded (1) 11
    bard 8
    ranger 4
    Worgs 3

Tiefling whores 0

at 13 the Witch is up

Witch moves up the stairs to E-9 to line up her shots - one at Sam and one at Renda

Repelling, Agonizing Eldritch blast at Sam

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +7" :

2 + 7 = 9

She shanks that bolt into the water

Repelling, Agonizing Eldritch blast at Renda

1 + 7 = 8

Mad dice are failing her

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Rogan_26
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:08 am

Chris wrote:
    initiative Round 2

Renda 23
    Sjon 19 FLYING
    Stout Sgt (hat) = 19
    ONE-EYED ROGAN 19
    Hawkes 16
    Sam 14
    Crispy 13 FLYING
    Witch 13
    bearded (1) 11
    bard 8
    ranger 4
    Worgs 3

Tiefling whores 0

at 11, the bearded pirate behind the table is up. He doesn't want to lose his cover, as he is scared of being burned like his Sgt. He could shoot at Sam, though he is at Disadvantage for being within 5' and not a Pistol Expert (feat). He will draw his saber and slash at Sam instead

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" :

2 + 5 = 7

Mad oh FFS

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:13 am

at 8, the barely alive Bard has had enough of this fight

he speaks rapidly and with clear fear in his voice, "hey... man.... be cooool.  I don't even know these cats!  I was drinking the other night and when I woke up, I was on their boat... man... that's not cooool.  I ain't dying for these cats.... man.... not cooool!"

he uses the Disengage action to avoid an AoO from Renda and runs due south, jumps off the boat and starts swimming away in the bay

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Rogan_28
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:22 am

at 4, the Ranger decides that he is bringing out the big guns!

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Scorpi10

He moves to R-7 and swivels the ballista at Sjon and fires

13 + 7 = 20

finally a decent roll for the GM

damage
    Result of the throw of dice "3d10 +3" :

3 + 9 + 6 + 3 = 21

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Rogan_29
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:26 am

at 3, the worgs charge into the fight

they can't reach anyone to attack, so the move and dash to get themselves into the action

one goes to G-6, adjacent to Renda
    one goes to J-9, adjacent to Sam

at 0, the tiefling whores continue to cower

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Rogan_30

Chris wrote:
    initiative  Round 3

Renda 23
    Sjon 19  FLYING
    Stout Sgt (hat) = 19
    ONE-EYED ROGAN 19
    Hawkes 16
    Sam 14
    Crispy 13 FLYING
    Witch  13
    bearded (1) 11
    bard 8
    ranger 4
    Worgs 3

Tiefling whores 0

Renda is up
    Sjon on deck
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue60/112Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:33 pm

Renda' Mon
    HP: 88/88
    SPD: 45
    AC: 18
    Prof: +3
    Ki pool: 6/6
    Condition; RAGED; +2 strength-based melee attacks, resistance vs slash, pierce, bludge
    Advantage on DEX saves vs things I can see.
    ADVANTAGE ON STR BASED ATTACKS FOR THIS ROUND.
    ENEMIES HAVE ADVANTAGE ON ATTACKS AGAINST HIM THIS ROUND.

Renda did not get to eat last round...so his hunger drives him into a deeper and more reckless rage!

Similar intent as last round, with the first target being the adjacent wolf, and the second target being pirate located E-9. Bite attack, piercing.

Attack#1
    Roll A

3 + 7 = 10

Roll B

2 + 7 = 9

dmg if hits
    Result of the throw of dice "1d6 +5" :

3 + 5 = 8

Attack#2
    Roll A

13 + 7 = 20

Roll B

8 + 7 = 15

dmg if hits

1 + 5 = 6

Attack#3

Roll A

9 + 7 = 16

Roll B

17 + 7 = 24

dmg if hits

5 + 5 = 10
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:31 pm

Renda's first attack misses but he rips worg flesh with the 2nd and 3rd. Blood sprays on the deck and into the water, joining the guts of the fallen pirate. The Worg is still up, but is badly hurt.

Map doesn't change

Sjon is up
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue60/112Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:55 pm

Chris wrote:Renda's first attack misses

Weak-ass "advantage", lol!
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68/68Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:43 pm

You have a bardic inspiration die 1d6...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:46 pm

Being the kind and benevolent GM that i am... you can add it to the first attack 10 and see if you can hit
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:51 pm

Chris wrote:Being the kind and benevolent GM that i am... you can add it to the first attack 10 and see if you can hit

Or he can save it for next turn (or up to 10 minutes).
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:53 pm

Is the ship pulling away from anchor or riding over it?
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:49 am

Lets go for it!

14 total ????
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:48 am

MAS wrote:Lets go for it!

14 total ????

AC 13 so that's another hit from Inspiration and enough damage to kill the worg.  Worg blood joins humans blood as it runs freely off the ship's deck and into Wyvern Bay.  

@Matt - Renda still has a move, if you want, but it took all 3 attacks to kill the worg

Hawkes - give me an Insight check please as you swim under the boat

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Rogan_31

map updated

Sjon is up
    Rogan on deck
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:18 am

Renda stays put and feasts on wolf guts!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:01 pm

MAS wrote:Renda stays put and feasts on wolf guts!

Renda earns a point of Inspiration (divine source) for playing in character over the tactical decision of a player
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:20 pm

Cap'n Hawkes
    AC 17
    Hp 63/48

Water Breathing

Spell save 14
    Passive perception 14
    Passive insight 17

Hawkes insight check

13 + 7 = 20
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:31 pm

Chris wrote:
    MAS wrote:Renda stays put and feasts on wolf guts!

Renda earns a point of Inspiration (divine source) for playing in character over the tactical decision of a player

cheers
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:35 pm

navyik wrote:

Hawkes insight check

13 + 7 = 20

cheers nice roll!

Hawkes notices the blood and guts spilling off the side of the cog as he swims.  A swarm of small fish with very sharp teeth ignore him on their way to an easy meal.  Hawkes gets an intuition that the blood and guts are getting something else's attention as well.  Something deep down at the bottom of Wyvern Bay......   Hawkes has the feeling of being watched.....

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Deep_s11

Sjon is up
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:41 pm

navyik wrote:Is the ship pulling away from anchor or riding over it?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:16 pm

navyik wrote:
    navyik wrote:Is the ship pulling away from anchor or riding over it?

oh yeah, I saw that, sorry I forgot to answer

It looks like they paid out the scope and backed it down. The rode appears taut and a snub line is running from the cleat out to the bow chock.

lol!
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue86/98Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (86/98)
    Action Points:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue11/11Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:02 pm

Sjon Barker Druid 8
    HP: 57/57
    AC: 16
    Slots:4/3/2/2 (4/3/3/2 max)
    Wild Shape: 1 (2 max)

After taking a ballista blow to his Giant Eagle form, Sjon flies to R-8 in order to multiattack his foe (20'mvmt).

Beak to hit:
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" : 1 + 5 = 6
    Wont bother with dmg roll

Claws to hit:
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" : 17 + 5 = 22

Claws damage:
    Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +3" : 3 + 6 + 3 = 12

The eagle can fly 80'. From R-8, he should be able to fly up the rear mast 55'. 20' to mast squared = 400 (Asq), 55' up the mast squared = 3025, (Bsq) 60' movement left squared = 3600 (Csq) . Asq + Bsq = Csq for a right angle means Sjon should have plenty of movement to find a spot on the rear mast to land, preferably a crows nest if there is one within his movement allowance or on a yardarm next to the mast if a crows nest is not available.

If the ranger makes an AoO that drains Sjon back to human form I will need to adjust his plan for movement. i

Giant Eagle
    Large beast, Neutral Good
    Armor Class 13
    Hit Points 5/26 (4d10+4)
    Speed 10 ft., fly 80 ft.
    Skills Perception +4
    Senses passive Perception 14
    Languages Giant Eagle, Understands Common And Auran But Can't Speak
    Keen Sight. The eagle has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight.
    Actions
    Multiattack. The eagle makes two attacks: one with its beak and one with its talons.
    Beak. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d6 + 3) piercing damage.
    Talons. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (2d6 + 3) slashing damage.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:35 pm

Claws hit the ranger and rip him open!  He looks about half health.  I don't think he can take an AoO since he has no melee weapon in hand as both are being used on the ballista.

study It looks like you did more than enough math for me.  55ft up the mizzenmast (the mast aft of the main mast).  

Sjon lands near Unfeathers but about 25ft higher in the crow's nest, who continues to peck at his own plumage.  "<sqwak> Rogan mad, bad bird, unfeather, unfeather, bad bird, Rogan mad"

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Rogan_32
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:46 pm

Chris wrote:
    initiative  Round 3

Renda 23
    Sjon 19  FLYING
    Stout Sgt (hat) = 19
    ONE-EYED ROGAN 19
    Hawkes 16
    Sam 14
    Crispy 13 FLYING
    Witch  13
    bearded (1) 11
    bard 8
    ranger 4
    Worgs 3

Tiefling whores 0

at 19, Stout Sgt's ashes smoulder on the deck

at 19 One-Eyed Rogan swings his anchor and chain over his head like a helicopter blade and charges to I-7 to engage Sam and Renda.  He attacks Recklessly (ADV to attacks, you get ADV vs him)

He gets 2 attacks with his anchor\chain (reskinned halberd) plus an extra attack with the other end (polearm master feat).   Rogan enjoys 10ft reach

attack vs Sam with anchor (main end of the halberd) w\ ADV

Roll(1d20)+8:
    13,+8
    Total:21

Roll(1d20)+8:
    3,+8
    Total:11

the 21 is a hit

Roll(1d10)+7:
    3,+7
    Total:10

10 slashing damage to Sam

attack vs Renda with main end (2nd attack at 5th) w\ ADV

Roll(1d20)+8:
    1,+8
    Total:9

Roll(1d20)+8:
    9,+8
    Total:17

17 and 9 are both misses!   whew

Rogan attacks Sam with the short end of the chain (bonus from Polearm Master) w\Adv

Roll(1d20)+8:
    8,+8
    Total:16

Roll(1d20)+8:
    3,+8
    Total:11

dang, misses again!  

map is updated

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Rogan_33

Hawkes is up
    Sam on deck (literally, lol)
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:49 pm

Cap'n Hawkes
    AC 17
    Hp 63/48

Water Breathing

Spell save 14
    Passive perception 14
    Passive insight 17

Hawkes continues his swim at a dash, hoping to get up onto the anchor chain.  He will use the snub line for a hand hold if it is hanging lower.  With a das, he should at least get part way out of the water.  "Ahoy, there's a big nasty sea monster coming up from below!  I'm not even lying! Might wanna think about weighing anchor!"  scratch

Climb

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +3" :

20 + 3 = 23

Going to wish I had that one later in combat...

Last edited by navyik on Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added stat block)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:08 pm

With a natural 20, lets say Hawkes climbs at normal speed (not half). He can make it all the way up on deck to D-9

Sam is up, mind the big orc Wink
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:54 pm

"I don't know which might be worse my good man, your aim or your breath"... to the big Orc

Sam scampers away from the worg using Disengage as a Bonus Action (Cunning Action) - any AoO is at disadvantage

Move to G-9, launch a firebolt at the witch

Roll(1d20)+6:
    20,+6
    Total:26

Hah! Double damage?

Normal:
    Roll(2d10)+0:
    5,10,+0
    Total:15

If double:

Roll(4d10)+0:
    9,7,6,7,+0
    Total:29

Sam is done

+1 Studded Leather
    Saves: Dex. & Int. Immune to Magical Sleep and Advantage vs. Charm spells
    HP: 51, -10
    Movement: 30’
    Initiative: +4
    Magic Attack Mod: +6
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:48 pm

whit10 wrote:
    Sam scampers away from the worg using Disengage as a Bonus Action (Cunning Action) - any AoO is at disadvantage

Move to G-9

I just to want to clarify your action and make sure we are on the same page.

Disengage (from Cunning Action or any source) - your movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity

where are you getting the disadvantage on AoO from?

You mention the Worg, but if you look on the map, Sam is adjacent to the Worg, Rogan and 1 pirate (behind the table)

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Cog_cu10
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:29 am

sorry, mixed up the Disengage

Nothing to change though
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:19 am

whit10 wrote:

Move to G-9

Ok, the Worg and pirate cannot take AoO since Sam Disengaged.  However, Rogan has the Feat Sentinel (in addition to Polearm Master).   Rogan is a master of boarding-party warfare  Twisted Evil

Se n t in e l
    You have mastered techniques to take advantage
    o f every drop in any enemy’s guard, gaining the
    following benefits:
    • When you hit a creature with an opportunity attack,
    the creature’s speed becomes 0 for the rest of
    the turn.
    • Creatures within 5 feet o f you provoke opportunity
    attacks from you even if they take the Disengage
    action before leaving your reach.

• When a creature within 5 feet of you makes an attack
    against a target other than you (and that target doesn’t
    have this feat), you can use your reaction to make a
    melee weapon attack against the attacking creature.

Chris wrote:
    Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Rogan11

I have fought many boarding parties, master rogue, I know how to defend my own ship

Rogan RECKLESSLY swings his anchor chain at Sam as he attempts to move out of reach

adv on attack roll

Roll(1d20)+8:
    13,+8
    Total:21

Roll(1d20)+8:
    16,+8
    Total:24

a hit!  

slashing damage
    Roll(1d10)+7:
    3,+7
    Total:10

Sam's movement is reduced to 0 and he ends his movement at I-9

Revenge is a dish best served with cold cuts - Page 3 Rogan_34

Sam does not have LoS\LoE on the witch since his move ended prematurely.  You still keep the natural 20 and yes!  the firebolt does 4d10 as a crit!!  

Who would Sam like to target?

or Sam can take a different Action, but you would have to make a new roll

Chris wrote:
    initiative Round 3

Renda 23
    Sjon 19 FLYING
    Stout Sgt (hat) = 19
    ONE-EYED ROGAN 19
    Hawkes 16
    Sam 14
    Crispy 13 FLYING
    Witch 13
    bearded (1) 11
    bard 8
    ranger 4
    Worgs 3

Tiefling whores 0

Crispy is up after Sam completes his Action

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:31 am