Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

4 posters

chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue35/35chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0/0chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 7 Empty Re: chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request

Post  Chris Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:55 am

@Alan - here is the tech tips for downloading

chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 7 Tips10

I do this for attorneys all the time....
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue35/35chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0/0chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 7 Empty Re: chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request

Post  Chris Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:58 am

MAS wrote:Looks like we are leaning towards going with Clement Sector!

In the campaign I've been sketching out, the party begins as "Company Men" who are field agents. High stakes business deals where "no" is not an acceptable outcome, infiltration/espionage, scouting/exploration - whatever the company needs done. This is a starting point - the characters could stay with the company "forever" or go out on their own at some point. I'm going to provide a main storyline but once we are going it will become increasingly "sandbox".

Your employer Tamashi Precision specializes in "Situational Awareness" hardware, software, and services. It is well known for making high fidelity sensor systems and networked data harvesting tech for scientific, commercial, and military applications. It is headquartered in the Totaro system (Hub 0104).

New rules system for us all and no deadlines guys, plenty of time for reading and discussing things as we go forward.

PCs must be human, no android or uplift PCs for now. Social/cultural/political situations with them can get complex and would be restrictive to us getting started.

There are a LOT of character options!!! I've got splat books to break out careers even further than the core and character book I linked you. Depending on what you guys settle on doing with your characters, we can distro those as needed. Not fully present in what you have is options for "hackers" - but I have a splat for that too!

You'll' see in the Career book that they have a non-randomized character creation system too. Id prefer to roll for the career terms as per the system RAW for this game.

Im very excited to dive into this system with you guys!

I will get you setup with your own forum section here this morning

I am REALLY excited to play something that is not standard fantasy!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue19/19chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1/0chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:42 am

Just to be open and honest, I'm not sure I'm going to play. I'll look through the core book when it gets uploaded to see if I get some spark of interest but it's about 50/50 right now.

This is no offense to Matt. I know there has been desire to play something that isn't fantasy. I guess I don't share that desire
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:25 am

whit10 wrote:Just to be open and honest, I'm not sure I'm going to play. I'll look through the core book when it gets uploaded to see if I get some spark of interest but it's about 50/50 right now.

This is no offense to Matt.  I know there has been desire to play something that isn't fantasy.  I guess I don't share that desire

the book isn't going to be uploaded, you have to download it yourself from the link Matt emailed everyone
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue68/68chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:27 am

Chris wrote:
    I do this for attorneys all the time....

🤣

I’m down for Clement Sector. Will be slow developing my character I’m sure.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:36 am

https://lodgestgaming.forumotion.com/f30-clement-sector

new forum created

@Matt and Alan - if Josh doesn't play, do we want to make 2 characters each? 1 main and 1 flunky? go with 1 each?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue19/19chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1/0chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:51 pm

to be clear, I haven't made a decision yet. Was waiting for the download link... was that already sent?
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue60/112chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:09 pm

@Josh is 100% in if he wants, I hope you join us! Check your email for the link as stated above.

Even with him, we can go 2 "full" characters per player no problem, no need for one to be a flunky. It will round out a nice team.

Expectation management: This is much more role-play focused than battle encounter/boardgamey focused like Dnd and PF2E have been playing for us. That doesn't mean there cant or wont be gun fights or ship battles! But it does mean that this isn't intended to be a constant cycle of battles like those games are.

I'm not saying id like you to memorize the entire core book, but familiarity with the setting and mechanics is a reasonable expectation to begin with, IMO the players have as much responsibility to understand the game as the GM does. There is no rush to start, and it will be fun to hang out and BS over the rules/setting together! If we spend a month or even two in collective prep efforts vs play time - we are still doing gaming stuff together during that time, from my POV. Smile

Investing the time to explore the setting will really pay off for us as a group in play. Understanding how to read the sector maps, how interstellar travel works, the Universal Word Profile, and a bit about "the powers that be" before we make final characters and start will put us in a very immersive mode as a group.

The GM will run the game but will not serve as a substitute for having put in the minimal participatory reading to know how things work. Examples:

When navigating to other systems, I'll expect a jump & refueling plan from the the party. Players do their own and submit it to the GM. Navigating is a mini-game!

Info on systems/planets will provided in Universal World Profile. Players interpret this data as they would in character.

Players will be expected to be familiar with planets, systems, organizations, etc that are relevant to both their own characters and to the main story. The info is in the core book and other guides I will provide soon - those can be referenced any time during play to refresh memories about who or what something may be.

Finally, just as The GM will have read the rules and will arrive ready to play, so I ask that the players do too. Clarifications will always be needed and happily resolved, but that's different from slowing the game to teach the system in play.

As key NPCs come and go the pcs will take control of them in play too. There may also be points where you'll have control of squad size elements of NPCs - we got rules for that!

I will move further traffic to the new threads. Seeya there!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:20 am