Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

4 posters

chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 Empty Re: chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request

Post  Chris Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:29 pm

whit10 wrote:yes, he will block

Go ahead and calculate it for yourself this time Wink
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 Empty Re: chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request

Post  whit10 Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:00 pm

HP: 27 + bleed damage
    Damage to shield: -6

sorry, should have just updated on my own.

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68/68chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:54 am

Grimgar
    Stat Block:
    HP: 28
    AC: 19 Breastplate (17 quilted)
    +2 with raised shield
    Fort: 7
    Reflex: 5
    Will: 8
    Move: 20’
    Initiative/Perception: +6

1. Grim shoulders up to K-7 and 
    2. attacks the adjacent enemy with his axe.
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +8" :

17 + 8 = 25
    Damage
    Result of the throw of dice "1d8 +3" :

7 + 3 = 10

3. Raise shield
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35/35chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:12 pm

Grim slices at the aggressive plant with his axe!

BL2 is up, followed by BL3

BL2 pulls up its roots and waddles to K-3.  stride.  It will then strike twice at Zontreaux with its vine attack

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +11" :

15 + 11 = 26

hit!  even with the Nimble dodge AC 21

1d8+4s

Result of the throw of dice "1d8 +4" :

1 + 4 = 5 slashing +1 bleed

2nd Vine at +6
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +6" :

4 + 6 = 10

miss!

BL3 hikes up its root like a gown and waddles to M-6 (stride x2) skirting around Grim, to get in position behind your front lines.  If Grim has Attack of opportunity feat, he can take 1, but I don't think he does.

BL3 will whip its vine at Jace  (which reminds me that I forgot about him, lol)
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +11" :

17 + 11 = 28

ouch that's a crit at 10+ his AC

Result of the throw of dice "2d8 +8" :

5 + 2 + 8 = 15s

plus 2 Bleed on a crit

chunks of flesh are flayed from the mage's skin!

Initiative tracker

Herger - 21\26  (Bleed 1) shield 4\10
    bloodlash 1 - 21   (-10hp)
    Grim - 18
    bloodlash 2 - 16
    bloodlash 3 - 7
    Jace - 6   (-15HP) Bleed 2
    Zontreaux - 0*    (5\32)  Bleed 1

Jace is up and takes -2 more bleed

Jace moves to O-2 (stride) and casts Color Spray with the Widen metamagic effect

Color Spray
    Spell 1
    Illusion Incapacitation Visual
    Source Core Rulebook pg. 324 4.0
    Traditions arcane, occult
    Deities Pulura, Shelyn, Thisamet
    Cast [two-actions] somatic, verbal
    Area 15-foot cone
    Saving Throw Will; Duration 1 or more rounds (see below)
    Swirling colors affect viewers based on their Will saves.

Critical Success The creature is unaffected.
    Success The creature is dazzled for 1 round.
    Failure The creature is stunned 1, blinded for 1 round, and dazzled for 1 minute.
    Critical Failure The creature is stunned for 1 round and blinded for 1 minute.

They get a Will save vs DC 18

+6 will

BL2, then BL3

Rolling "1d20 +6" 2 times

1: 6 + 6 = 12
    2: 2 + 6 = 8

yes!  cheers

BL2 is stunned 1, blinded 1 rd and DAZZLED for 1 minute
    BL3 critically failed and is STUNNED 1 rd, BLINDED for 1 minute!!

chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 1cave31

Initiative tracker

Herger - 21\26  (Bleed 1)
    Grim - 18
    bloodlash 2 - 16   (stun 1, blind 1, dazzled 10)
    bloodlash 3 - 7   (STUNNED, blind 10)
    Jace - 6   (7\24 HP) Bleed 3

Blinded
    Source Core Rulebook pg. 618 4.0
    You can't see. All normal terrain is difficult terrain to you. You can't detect anything using vision. You automatically critically fail Perception checks that require you to be able to see, and if vision is your only precise sense, you take a –4 status penalty to Perception checks. You are immune to visual effects. Blinded overrides dazzled.

Dazzled
    Source Core Rulebook pg. 619 4.0
    Your eyes are overstimulated. If vision is your only precise sense, all creatures and objects are concealed from you.
    Concealed
    Source Core Rulebook pg. 618 4.0
    While you are concealed from a creature, such as in a thick fog, you are difficult for that creature to see. You can still be observed, but you're tougher to target. A creature that you're concealed from must succeed at a DC 5 flat check when targeting you with an attack, spell, or other effect. Area effects aren't subject to this flat check. If the check fails, the attack, spell, or effect doesn't affect you.

Z is up and will take 1 Bleed damage

I covered up the numbers, but Z is closest to BL2 who is blind and dazzled

*edit Jace is level 2
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue60/112chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:52 pm

The goblin chuckles to himself as he steps over the log, "...Clear weeds Zontreaux, Chop firewood Zontreuax, Trim the Hedges Zontrauex" - perhaps Mezzon Giuseppe's training was more literal than imagined"

HP: 31/32
    AC: 19 - 21 w/ reaction
    Fort: 5
    Reflex: 10
    Will: 5
    Move: 25’ +5 w/ panache
    Initiative/Perception: +5

AP 2: STEP 5ft to J2

AP 3: Attack, Rapier, Precise Strike, Confident Finisher.

15 + 8 = 23

Rapier:
    Result of the throw of dice "1d6 +3" :

4 + 3 = 7 P

Precise Strike/Confident Finisher:
    Result of the throw of dice "2d6" :

1 + 3 = 4 P

Deadly D*:
    Result of the throw of dice "1d8" :

If Hit: 11 P
    If Crit: 17 P
    If Fail: 2 P

This expends Panache.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:24 pm

Zontreaux jabs at the bush but his rapier doesn't seem quite as effective as usual. (resistance piercing 5)

Since you were VERY close to a crit though because it is flatfooted (see below), Zontreaux noticed that the bush seemed to recoil a bit from the torch in his other hand. hmmmm scratch

I will update the map in a bit, noting Z's step.

here is a better description that I found on Reddit about being "blinded" which includes the Flatfooted

How does blinded work in combat?
    🌐
    reddit.com
    › r › Pathfinder2e › comments › dzc7fn › how_does_blinded_work_in_combat
    Let's unpack everything the Blinded condition does. It's a lot, and it requires looking at other conditions as well. You can’t see. All normal terrain is difficult terrain to you. That means you can't step, and that you stride at half speed. You can’t detect anything using vision. That means that everything is either Hidden or Undetected to you. That means you need to pass a DC 11 flat check to attack anything, and that's assuming you know what square your target is in. You are also flat-footed, which is -2 to AC. You automatically critically fail Perception checks that require you to be able to see, and if vision is your only precise sense, you take a –4 status penalty to Perception checks. This basically means that you have a -4 penalty to figure out which square something is in, so that you can make your DC 11 flat check to possibly attack it. Altogether, being blinded makes just about anything significantly less of a threat in combat.

2 of them are going to suck at hitting anything for a bit lol!

Herger is up!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue19/19chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:44 pm

alright, Herger takes 1 bleed damage

He is quite angry at the viscious wound that got through his armor

Intimidating Strike:

Let's roll the attack first (at the one he's standing next to)

Sun Aug 27 2023 19:42:17 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d10 + 10 to total : 10, + 10, TOTAL: 20

well that better.

Intimidating Strike on this bugger

Your blow not only wounds creatures but also shatters their confidence. Make a melee Strike. If you hit and deal damage, the target is frightened 1, or frightened 2 on a critical hit.

Damage:

Sun Aug 27 2023 19:43:32 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d8 + 4 to total : 5, + 4, TOTAL: 9

so 9 damage an Frightened 1 on him.

Shield Raised:

Stats:
    AC:20
    HP: 26/32
    Fort: 8
    Reflex: 8
    Will 5
    Movement: 20'
    Perception: 7
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68/68chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:49 pm

The hit point tracker is confusing me. Are you showing damage taken or HP remaining? Seems like you have both mixed it. Also Herger’s max HP is 32.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:36 pm

yes. The first number is current, the second is max. He only took 5 from the earlier attack (unless I got that wrong) due to the shield. He also just took a point of Bleed.

Speaking of which... isn't there a roll against that after the first time? Or did I just read the rules for it incorrectly?
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue60/112chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:21 am

whit10 wrote:The first number is current, the second is max.

An interesting thought exercise on the matter! It took me a second to figure it out too. Then I had to figure out why it took me second, lol!

Thats a functional metric but a bit skewed from common notation/context we are long conditioned with.

As notated, the first # is current DMG taken and 2nd # is HP total, which turns a single tracker "Hit Points" into a double tracker, "Dmg taken/Hit point total".

Character sheet notation has always been: "Hit points" is a single category and damage is subtracted from the total, vs having an entry for "damage taken" that adds the damage taken upwards. It traditionally remains a single item tracker in this manner. (I can think of 1 notable exception with Battletech, where you fill in dots to track accumulated damage to the mech - but thats still a single data point tracker vs double).

So the traditional format keeps it singular by remaining focused on HP rather than splitting further into dmg:
    "# remaining/total" = Example, Zontreaux having taken 5 points of damage, Zontreaux is at 27/32.

Neither way is "wrong" but most of us are going to think/express it through the traditional, conditioned format, hence some confusion.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:14 am

Chris wrote:

Initiative tracker

Herger - 21\26  (Bleed 1)
    Grim - 18

Thanks for bringing this up!  I totally agree that I am using a mixed metric here.  I noticed it this weekend too but was too lazy to do anything about.  

I would prefer to use 1 metric that is easily understandable to everyone.  Here are a couple issues that we need to work through as a group though, just so we are all on the same page:

1)  I need stat blocks with accurate information posted each time you take a turn (minimum) and (better) each time you take damage, including anything relevant like status effects, equipment damage, etc

2) how do I notate (sincere question) for monsters when you don't know their max HP?  all you know is damage dealt, which I is why (I think) I started mixing metrics in the first place.

I could just reveal monster HP or I could track monster HP as (-5) damage taken and track PCs as  27\32 (HP remaining).  Since you are all new to PF2E, I was going with revealing less information since we don't have all the stat blocks memorized like we do in 5e.

@Josh - if you see a rule that you think I am playing incorrectly, please copy\paste the rule into the forum so I know what you are talking about and I don't have to go hunting for it.  I try to c\p stat info (attacks, special abilities) from the monster card when I use them so that we all see the rules in play.  I had to go hunting for blind\dazzle\stun.  I didn't see anything else about a further roll for Bleed so I don't know.  

Thoughts?  Suggestions?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:17 am

trying to fix.....

including Josh's most current results (thanks for the corrected stat block!)

Chris wrote:

Initiative tracker

Herger - 26\32  (Bleed 1) shield 5\10
    bloodlash 1 - 21   (-19hp) frightened 1
    Grim - 18
    Zontreaux - 0*    (27\32)  Bleed 1

bloodlash - resistance piercing 5, afraid of fire?

EDIT - hiding the HP stats of monsters was for your fun and immersion, not to make my life easier. It would be easiest for me just to track HP the same for everything and let you see the HPs of the mobs.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:49 am

It says that Bleed damage ends if you are healed back to max HP.

But there is also this:

Persistent Damage
    RULE
    Core Rulebook > Chapter 9: Playing the Game > General Rules > Special Checks > Step 1: Roll The Damage Dice and Apply Modifiers, Bonuses, a
    Persistent damage is a condition that causes damage to recur beyond the original effect. Like normal damage, it can be doubled or halved based on the results of an attack roll or saving throw. Unlike with normal damage, when you are subject to persistent damage, you don’t take it right away. Instead, you take the specified damage at the end of your turns, after which you attempt a DC 15 flat check to see if you recover from the persistent damage. See the Conditions Appendix on pages 618-623 for the complete rules regarding the persistent damage condition.

Persistent Damage
    Persistent damage is a condition that causes damage to recur beyond the original effect. Like normal damage, it can be doubled or halved based on the results of an attack roll or saving throw. Unlike with normal damage, when you are subject to persistent damage, you don’t take it right away. Instead, you take the specified damage at the end of your turns, after which you attempt a DC 15 flat check to see if you recover from the persistent damage. See the Conditions Appendix on pages 618-623 for the complete rules regarding the persistent damage condition.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:56 am

whit10 wrote:It says that Bleed damage ends if you are healed back to max HP.

But there is also this:

Persistent Damage
    RULE
    Core Rulebook > Chapter 9: Playing the Game > General Rules > Special Checks > Step 1: Roll The Damage Dice and Apply Modifiers, Bonuses, a

Persistent Damage

oh! good catch. Herger needs to make a flat (no modifiers at all) DC 15 roll then to see if he recovers or not

Jace
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20" :

keeps bleeding
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:04 pm

flat roll:

Mon Aug 28 2023 10:04:20 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 0 to total : 15, TOTAL: 15

nice. Done Bleeding for now
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:08 pm

whit10 wrote:flat roll:

Mon Aug 28 2023 10:04:20 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 0 to total : 15, TOTAL: 15

nice. Done Bleeding for now

ok

any thoughts on the questions about the stat tracker?
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:18 pm

Chris wrote:

I would prefer to use 1 metric that is easily understandable to everyone.  Here are a couple issues that we need to work through as a group though, just so we are all on the same page:

1)  I need stat blocks with accurate information posted each time you take a turn (minimum) and (better) each time you take damage, including anything relevant like status effects, equipment damage, etc

2) how do I notate (sincere question) for monsters when you don't know their max HP?  all you know is damage dealt, which I is why (I think) I started mixing metrics in the first place.

I could just reveal monster HP or I could track monster HP as (-5) damage taken and track PCs as  27\32 (HP remaining).  Since you are all new to PF2E, I was going with revealing less information since we don't have all the stat blocks memorized like we do in 5e.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?

1) 100% Agree, I 'd actually written something about this into my response above but removed it for focus. I'd love to put our heads together into developing a turn post template. It would go a long way towards cleaning and speeding gameplay.

2) "track monster HP as (-5) damage taken and track PCs as  27\32 (HP remaining)." Yes. We as players can "see" how much damage we've done without knowing the cap; we don't know what will finish it but we can see that damage is accruing. Thats fair player knowledge, IMO.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:25 pm

I'll do whatever the party wants regarding stat blocks. I was just trying to make it easy to figure out what Herger had for current stats.

Sorry, didn't sleep a wink last night so my brain is barely working today
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:37 pm

I did a quick edit of Josh's stat block based on what I need and would like to see as a GM.  I included a 3 AP breakdown for a turn template and reduced the stats included.

This would be ideal post......

narrative description of character's actions, thoughts, etc

1) stride to X-1
    2)  strike target name or grid #
    3)  raise shield

make rolls as needed

whit10 wrote:
    Herger
    HP: 26\32
    AC:20\22*
    F\R\W 8\8\5

*Shield raised
    Bleed 1
    panache
    *nimble dodge wording*
    other stats you want like movement or perception, etc

I 100% understand if you as the player want additional stats included for your own refernce.  Josh had his movement speed and Perction listed.  I am totally fine with that, but I don't need it.  

Just mechanically, I like to "quote" the initiative block or stat block from my last post.  Then I make the new post and edit the stat block, if necessary to make it current.  It also highlights the stat block in the "quote" field.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:31 pm

good copy GM
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:06 pm

BL1 is up (I forgot in the all the other posts, oops)

The bush unleashes its ultimate ability!

Spinning Strike [three-actions] The bush spins in a circle, lashing out in all directions
    at once. It makes one attack roll and compares the result to the AC of each
    creature within its melee reach, rolling damage only once and applying it
    to each creature hit.

10ft reach vine attack, -1 for frightened

Melee [one-action] vine +11 (agile, reach 10 feet), Damage 1d8+4 slashing plus weeping
    wounds

Weeping Wounds A bloodlash bush’s vines cause terrible lacerations that
    continue to bleed. A creature hit with a vine attack takes 1 persistent
    bleed damage (2 on a critical hit). Unlike other forms of persistent damage,
    this damage is cumulative, to a maximum of 5 persistent bleed damage
    but it can be stopped like any other persistent bleed damage.

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +10" :

18 + 10 = 28

DM dice....

hits on both Grim and Herger, but neither is a crit I believe, both have block options

1 + 4 = 5

HA!  there some more friendly dice for ya

As I read it, both Herger and Grim take 5 and suffer +1 Bleed. I think even if they block to reduce the damage to 0, they still take the Bleed since it says "hit" not "damaged"

BL1 loses frightened

chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 1cave32

Chris wrote:

Initiative tracker

Herger - 21\32  (Bleed 1) shield 5\10
    bloodlash 1 - 21   (-19hp)
    Grim - 18 (23\28) bleed 1

Grim is up, pending any reactions
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:52 pm

forgive me for being a bit literal but, if you block the damage and you don't even take a point, why would you still get the bleed?

but not to slow things down, Herger takes 1 bleed damage as he blocks the attack

HP: 25 currently; 32 full

shield has 10 damage -
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:13 am

Grimgar
    Stat Block:
    +2 with raised shield

Grim blocks with shield taking no damage or shield damage. I think.

Actions pending shortly.

FTR, I was unclear about my question. I was only asking about PC hit points. I get that the DM hides the opponent’s details.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:33 am

Grimgar
    Stat Block:
    +2 with raised shield

1. Grim attacks with his axe

8 + 8 = 16

Damage

4 + 4 = 8

Further actions pending results
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:05 am

@Josh - I don't disagree with your logic, but we are playing as close to RAW as possible and it says "hit" not "damaged", so unless you can find a rule that explains it otherwise, that is the way it is.  I am more than happy to amend when you all find the correct rules though, like the persistent damage roll each round.

@Josh - I don't think your shield takes any damage, since it blocked all 5.  Remember, the shield blocks up to its hardness and then both the shield and the player takes the remainder, which is 0 in thise case.

@Alan - correct, Grim and his shield take 0, but he does get Bleed 1 as above
    @Alan - good copy on the question, I was just taking the opportunity to clear up multiple issues.  thank you for raising the concern!  

Grim keeps hacking away at the bush with his axe, which does seem to do full damage.  The Bloodlash is getting pretty beat up but is still in the fight.  

remaining 2 ap?

Chris wrote:

Initiative tracker

bloodlash 1 - 21   (-27hp)
    Grim - 18  (23\28) bleed 1

EDIT - Grim needs a flat DC 15 check at the end of his turn to see if he takes 1 bleed or if he ends the persistent condition
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:11 pm

Grimgar
    Stat Block:
    HP: 27/28
    +2 with raised shield

“I think you have this under control kid.”

2. Grim moves to L-4
    3. Raise shield

Flat check

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:44 pm

right on the shield, I'll fix it on his next turn
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:15 pm

Grim adjusts his position on the battlefield and raises his shield.  His wounds continue to cause pain.

BL2 is stun 1 and blind, meaning he only gets 2 APs instead of 3 this turn and has to pass a flat DC11 to even target anyone, assuming it knows their location already or has another sense.  It does know where Zontreaux was last standing, so it will lash its vine that direction twice

flat check x2
    Rolling "1d20" 2 times

1: 1
    2: 18

first attack flails wildly, second might find its mark at -5

3 + 6 = 9

nope!  

BL3 is completely STUNNED and misses its turn

Jace rubs his hands together generating a static charge and releases it.  The electricity jumps from one bush to the next!

1,2) cast electric arc
    3) active arcane ward

+2 for bushes being flatfooted

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +10" :

10 + 10 = 20

ZAP!

damage
    Result of the throw of dice "1d4 +4" :

4 + 4 = 8

BL2 and BL3 each take 8

Jace has to make his Bleed check

whew

chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 1cave33

Initiative tracker

Grim - 18  (22\28) bleed 1 (shield)
    bloodlash 2 - 16   (-14) ( dazzled 9)
    bloodlash 3 - 7   ( -8 ) ( blind 9)
    Jace - 6   (7\24 HP) Bleed 2

Zontreaux is up!
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:15 pm

Zontreaux ended his last turn at J1, adjacent to the foe he struck with the rapier: playing turn as positioned there.

"The first cut is often Truest, as Mezzon Giuseppe would say...so back to plan A!"

HP: 27/32 Bleed 1

AP 2: Interact, light torch

AP 3: Attack, Torch (improvised weapon -2)

12 + 6 = 18

Dmg:
    Result of the throw of dice "1d4" :

2 B

+1 Fire damage

If hit: 2B + 1F

Flat save for bleed:

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:56 pm

You’re also flanking Matt. 😈
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:06 pm

navyik wrote:You’re also flanking Matt. 😈

"HUZZAH!"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:02 am

so sorry about the map placement!  

Z gets FF -2ac  but he hit either way, no crit either way

chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 1cave34

I had this on my PP but I must not have updated the .jpg  oops

So Weakness rules are a bit different in pf2e, which is worth keeping in mind for the future, especially with that silver rapier.  

Weaknesses
    Source Core Rulebook pg. 453 4.0
    If you have a weakness to a certain type of damage or damage from a certain source, that type of damage is extra effective against you. Whenever you would take that type of damage, increase the damage you take by the value of the weakness. For instance, if you are dealt 2d6 fire damage and have weakness 5 to fire, you take 2d6+5 fire damage.

If you have a weakness to something that doesn't normally deal damage, such as water, you take damage equal to the weakness value when touched or affected by it. If more than one weakness would apply to the same instance of damage, use only the highest applicable weakness value. This usually happens only when a monster is weak to both a type of physical damage and a given material.

Bloodlash bushes have Weakness:  fire 5!

so for Z's damage....

2 B
    looks like you forgot to add your +3 str modifier, so that's 5 B
    +1 fire
    +5 for fire weakness

11 total damage

Chris wrote:

Initiative tracker

bloodlash 2 - 16   (-25) ( dazzled 9)
    bloodlash 3 - 7   ( -8 ) ( blind 9)

bloodlash - resistance piercing 5, weakness fire 5

Herger is up! can he finish off this bush before it gets to attack again?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:55 am

Herger swings his mighty sword in hopes of dispatching the plant (now there's a statement I never thought I write)

Wed Aug 30 2023 08:53:52 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 10 to total : 11, + 10, TOTAL: 21

that should hit

damage:

Wed Aug 30 2023 08:54:36 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d8 + 4 to total : 6, + 4, TOTAL: 10

does that do it? (remaining actions pending)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:39 am

Yup! The Bloodlash has been pruned to death. (HP 35)

proceed
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:49 am

awesome!

Herger will turn around and move and attack (since this one is stunned and so forth) - I can't see the number but it's in the L row (just behind Herger essentially)

attack -5

Wed Aug 30 2023 09:46:43 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 5 to total : 10, + 5, TOTAL: 15

ick... not sure if that will hit.

if so

Wed Aug 30 2023 09:47:08 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d8 + 4 to total : 1, + 4, TOTAL: 5

double ick!

Done

Stat block
    Stats:
    AC:20
    HP: 25 current/32 full
    Fort: 8
    Reflex: 8
    Will 5
    Movement: 20'
    Perception: 7
    Shield: -5 damage
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:24 pm

Herger just barely connects with the creature because it is blind and FF for a -2ac.  His sword finds it mark for 5

I think Herger needs another Bleed check or take 1, flat DC 15

chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 1cave35

Initiative tracker

bloodlash 1
    bloodlash 2 - 16   (10\35) ( dazzled 9)
    bloodlash 3 - 7   ( 22\35) ( blind 9)

Grim is up, also needs a Bleed check at the end of his turn

study I adjusted the mob HP tracker since you killed one and now know its HP just to keep it simple
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:11 pm

Wed Aug 30 2023 11:10:16 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 0 to total : 9, TOTAL: 9

ack, missed it

HP: currently at 24 out of 32
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:15 pm

Grimgar
    Stat Block:
    HP: 26/28
    +2 with raised shield

Grim has only taken bleed damage during this encounter and should be at 26hp (I think, but not certain if the damage accrues in the same round that the bleed is caused.)

1. Grim strikes with the axe (flanking)

16 + 8 = 24 (Crit?)
    Damage if crit (did I do it right?)
    Result of the throw of dice "2d8 +8" :

3 + 5 + 8 = 16
    If not a crit, it’s 3+4=7?

2. Move to N-6
    3. Raise shield

Flat check

For future reference on persistent damage:
    https://2e.aonprd.com/Conditions.aspx?ID=29

Usually, if an effect negates the initial damage, it also negates the persistent damage, “
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:24 am

@Alan - great find on the Persistent Damage!  that makes more sense for sure.

@everyone - I am going to drop off everyone's current bleed status effects since I was playing the rules incorrectly - both applying and ending the condition vs just lowering the status effect by 1 on a save.  double my bad drunken

Yes, that is a crit given that the bush's AC is -2 for ff and is now 14 cheers

Grim slices, Grim dices.... bush #2 is no more

corrected Grim's HP, x3 bad GM

chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 1cave36

BL 3 is up but still BLIND.  It will attempt its whirly gig for all 3 APs but it has to make the Flat DC 11 check to potentially hit Grim and Herger, then the attack roll

Rolling "1d20" 2 times

1: 2
    2: 9

skunked!  it wastes all 3 aps.  its vines flail about in futility!  

Jace is up

1 - concentrate on arcane ward, which extends its radius to 10ft
    2 - stride to M-4 to cover Herger and Grim for +1ac

done

chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 1cave37

Chris wrote:

Initiative tracker

Herger - 21\32   shield 5\10
    bloodlash 1
    Grim - 18  (26\28)  (shield)
    bloodlash 2 - 16  
    bloodlash 3 - 7   ( -8 ) ( blind Cool
    Jace - 6   (7\24 HP)
    Zontreaux - 0*    (27\32)  

Z is up
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:31 am

"ZONTREUAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!"

HP: 27/32

AP 2: STRIDE to L5

AP 3: Attack, Torch (improvised weapon -2)

11 + 6 = 17

Dmg:
    Result of the throw of dice "1d4" :

4 B

+5 Fire damage

If hit: 4B + 5 F
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:03 am

Zontreaux brings the heat and scorches the bush for 9!

@Matt - why are you only using 2 aps?  I think the "after you" ability only takes 1 ap on the first turn of combat.  

PFS Standard
    After You
    [free-action]
    Feat 2
    Swashbuckler
    Source Advanced Player's Guide pg. 88 2.0
    Trigger You're about to roll initiative.
    You allow your foes to make the first move in a show of incredible confidence. You don't roll initiative; instead you voluntarily go last. You gain panache. If more than one character uses this ability or another ability to go last, use the normal rules for resolving a tie: NPCs and monsters act before PCs, and within those groups, the creatures can choose whichever order they want.

As I read it, both the free panache and the AP cost are only for round 1.  Are you reading it differently?  

chapter 3 - The Ranger's Request - Page 2 1cave38

Chris wrote:

Initiative tracker

Herger - 21\32   shield 5\10
    bloodlash 1
    Grim - 18  (26\28)  (shield)
    bloodlash 2 - 16  
    bloodlash 3 - 7   ( -17 ) ( blind 8 )
    Jace - 6   (7\24 HP)
    Zontreaux - 0*    (27\32)  

Herr Herger is up
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:11 am

Time to turn on the Herger lawn mower...

Two swings (if needed)

first attack:

Thu Aug 31 2023 09:11:12 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 10 to total : 14, + 10, TOTAL: 24

that should hit

damage:

Thu Aug 31 2023 09:11:42 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d8 + 4 to total : 4, + 4, TOTAL: 8

is it still up?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:29 am

whit10 wrote:Time to turn on the Herger lawn mower...

Two swings (if needed)

first attack:

Thu Aug 31 2023 09:11:12 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 10 to total : 14, + 10, TOTAL: 24

that should hit

damage:

Thu Aug 31 2023 09:11:42 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d8 + 4 to total : 4, + 4, TOTAL: 8

is it still up?

its actually a crit, so 16 damage

it is still barely alive at 2\35 HP

swing away, Herger
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:12 pm

"anybody want a salad?"

Second swing:

Thu Aug 31 2023 10:11:32 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)

I think that hits?

If so, minimum damage is 5, so it's dead if he hits.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:38 pm

whit10 wrote:"anybody want a salad?"

Second swing:

Thu Aug 31 2023 10:11:32 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)

I think that hits?

If so, minimum damage is 5, so it's dead if he hits.

huzzah!

any post fight actions?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:15 pm

"pillage, pillage, pillage; loot, loot, loot" (if you can ID this reference without using the net, then you're a good 80s/90s kid)

look for any loot or what not.

Perception?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:33 pm

whit10 wrote:"pillage, pillage, pillage; loot, loot, loot" (if you can ID this reference without using the net, then you're a good 80s/90s kid)

look for any loot or what not.

Perception?

hmmm.... not ringing any bells

Yes, perception to search
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:38 pm

Ren and Stimpy - Out West (best episode ever!)

Perception:

Thu Aug 31 2023 12:38:04 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)
    Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 7 to total : 15, + 7, TOTAL: 22

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:45 pm

“We’re not all clear. Remember we’re to expect wolves.”
    Grim will use a 2AP heal on Jace
    Result of the throw of dice "1d8 +8" :

4 + 8 = 12

Follow that up with a 3AP heal for the party:
    Result of the throw of dice "1d8" :

Not a fan Of parsimonious healing.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:27 pm

yeah, it's too bad there isn't at least some bonus on the healing that raises it beyond a 1.

But speaking of, didn't we take more damage than we should have during that fight? Maybe the GM would be nice and allow a re-roll. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:55 am