Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

5 posters

Fighting for FLAK - combat only

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue19/19Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1/0Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Empty Re: Fighting for FLAK - combat only

Post  whit10 Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:59 pm

Before I do anything, I can't seem to find what we were going to do with combat maneuvers. CMB and CMD? or the rules in the book?

I want to try and take out his vibro axe and I think I'm -4 to do this since I don't have the feat... and he gets an AOE when I attempt, yes?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue35/35Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Empty Re: Fighting for FLAK - combat only

Post  Chris Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:41 am

whit10 wrote:Before I do anything, I can't seem to find what we were going to do with combat maneuvers.  CMB and CMD? or the rules in the book?

I want to try and take out his vibro axe and I think I'm -4 to do this since I don't have the feat... and he gets an AOE when I attempt, yes?

per house rules, we are going with PF for combat maneuvers, yes. he does not get an AOE - Area of Effect - attack, he gets an AOO - attack of opportunity Wink 

Lando door guard takes his AoO on Daxx DC 20, since no blaster, but he whiffs again with his vibro pike.

Daxx is up
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue19/19Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1/0Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:01 am

Attack the weapon...

Roll(1d20)+13:
    13,+13
    Total:26

Damage:

Roll(2d8)+1:
    8,3,+1
    Total:12
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue35/35Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:44 am

whit10 wrote:Attack the weapon...

Roll(1d20)+13:
    13,+13

Damage:

Roll(2d8)+1:
    8,3,+1
    Total:12

Daxx feints an attack to the guard's head, which draws up his weapon in defense.  Daxx quickly cuts the arc of the swing short and slices his vibro pike into 2 pieces.  Small sparks shoot out the broken ends for a moment before the hum of the powered weapon goes quiet.

Chris wrote:
    T'son 23
    Daxx 21   *6 rds BM, 7 rds of EA
    Scouts - Garindan  - PRONE - mad as hell!
    Rakhu 19   * permanent BAMF *  
    Sharpshooter on rock 16
    Sharn 12   *5 rds EA *  STEALTH
    door guards 9
    droid guy 8  ------- dead
    droids  6  "roger, roger"

The groggy Garindan crawls forward behind the cover of the fallen tree, drawing out his instrument of revenge as he inches along.  Laying on his left side and using his arm as a brace, he hurls some payback at the Gotal behind the log.

DC 10 to hit a square, -8 to hit for range, +1 Heart = DC 17

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" :

17 + 5 = 22

A blue flash explodes in between T'son and Rakhu, who are nicely clustered together for a change.

FORT saves DC 12 for blast radius please Twisted Evil 

Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Fighti39
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:07 am

The Sharpshooter will make good use of his feats and take a shot at Daxx

does Daxx want to use Deflect and spend his move action for next round?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue68/68Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:24 am

16+7=23 fort. Save.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:54 am

yes, Daxx will deflect... lemme know when to roll
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:15 am

navyik wrote:16+7=23 fort. Save.

Rakhu saved and is stunned for 1 rd

Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Stunne10

whit10 wrote:yes, Daxx will deflect... lemme know when to roll

Sharpshooter roll

Roll(1d20)+10:
    18,+10
    Total:28

crit threat

confirmation roll

Roll(1d20)+10:
    16,+10

POW!

straight to the wounds

Roll(3d6)+1:
    2,2,1,+1
    Total:6

clown pffffttt, some crit

Daxx is now wounded

Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Wounde10

Daxx needs a FORT save of 11 or get knocked out

Chris wrote:
    T'son 23
    Daxx 21   *6 rds BM, 7 rds of EA **WOUNDED, -2 str, dex, no run\charge
    Sharpshooter on rock 16
    Sharn 12   *5 rds EA *  STEALTH
    door guards 9

SHARN is up
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:32 am

Fort save:

Roll(1d20)+5:
    14,+5
    Total:19

18 for a crit threat?  Fuck man... forget what I said about wounds and vitality (knocked out? what is this happy horse-shit?) lol
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:11 pm

The KO on wound damage is like the old save vs massive damage rules.  Usually it is a pretty easy save, unless you have a really low FORT.

18-20 Twisted Evil sniper taking a full round action to aim and shoot

luckily, he is only 4th level and doesn't have improved crit yet....
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:40 pm

I think the -2 is a bit much though.... and wasn't massive damage a house or optional rule? (PF may have made it a normal rule)

I'm not really arguing with it but, given the rather deadly nature of combat in this game, doesn't that make the healing stuff that much more essential? I'm kind of surprised that rules for healing both wounds and vitality are that harsh

Improved Critical doesn't apply to ranged weapons (unless SW changed this... D&D and PF did NOT change this)
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:05 pm

Knockout rules for massive damage seem sensible. How about for focused knock-out, like in Radiance. I thought that was pretty slick way to take out a higher-level opponent without damage.

Are you using subdual damage system? Can Sharn purposefully do bruise damage or try to knock-out opponents?

Sharn will make a stealthy move to the next bush. Need another roll?
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:10 pm

I also agree with Josh about healing aspects. It's cool to be all lethal and gritty, but you need healing powers to compensate. There's no healing potions, so we're pretty stuck using the Force. Or time.

One heal power per encounter is fine, but one per hour is pretty rough. Maybe restores after 5 minute rest?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:53 pm

whit10 wrote:I think the -2 is a bit much though.... and wasn't massive damage a house or optional rule? (PF may have made it a normal rule)  

Massive damage is an old AD&D rule, if you take over 50 damage, save or die, probably just a hold-over from that.

and the -2 is to the STAT itself, so it is only a -1 to any affected roll and your DC, saves, etc

whit10 wrote: I'm not really arguing with it but, given the rather deadly nature of combat in this game, doesn't that make the healing stuff that much more essential?   I'm kind of surprised that rules for healing both wounds and vitality are that harsh
    I understand your concerns about healing, but perhaps you are not seeing all the possibilities yet.....

With 2 Force healers and 1 medic (treat injury) you can effectively heal each person multiple times.  So for instance let's just take Daxx, assuming he receives no further damage this fight.

Daxx can use heal self - once for vitality\hour
                                  - once per day for wounds

Sharn can use heal another - once for vitality\hour
                                         - once per day for wounds

Rakhu can use Treat injury with a med KIT - once per day for Vitality = ranks in TI
                                        with a med PACK - once per day for Wounds

That is a LOT of healing for 1 person.  And you can circle-jerk each other and repeat that healing tree for each character.  This is why I have said, at least twice, that you will get back up to full vitality after each fight, assuming you have a chance to rest and not roll right into the next encounter (like you did from Probe to fight).

And that's just considering what you can do in the field - get to a town\base\large starship - and hop in a bacta tank.  Heals 1 wound pt per hour!

I honestly think healing is fine in Star Wars.

whit10 wrote: Improved Critical doesn't apply to ranged weapons (unless SW changed this... D&D and PF did NOT change this)

YES - improved crit can be used on a gun Rolling Eyes
    Improved crit can be used on any single weapon, anything else makes no logical sense at all and is just silly king

here is the direct quote from PF, nothing about it only applying to melee

Improved Critical (Combat)

Attacks made with your chosen weapon are quite deadly.

Prerequisite: Proficient with weapon, base attack bonus +8.

Benefit: When using the weapon you selected, your threat range is doubled.

Special: You can gain Improved Critical multiple times. The effects do not stack. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new type of weapon.

This effect doesn't stack with any other effect that expands the threat range of a weapon.

I don't think I even have a 3.5 D&D book, but as far as I know it applied to any weapon as well.

Robyo wrote:Knockout rules for massive damage seem sensible. How about for focused knock-out, like in Radiance. I thought that was pretty slick way to take out a higher-level opponent without damage.

Are you using subdual damage system? Can Sharn purposefully do bruise damage or try to knock-out opponents?

Honestly, I think subdual damage is just dumb, but you can do subdual damage if you want.  The 3 attacks to KO from Radiance IS cool, I like that, but saves tend to be higher in 3.x games.  Sharn can give the 3 strikes a try, if you want.  Consider it a probational house rule.

Yeah, give me another stealth roll since you are moving.  The other guys are distracted by the fight, but they should have some chance to see you if you come out into the open and expose yourself before you make it to the next cover\hiding spot.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:00 pm

Robyo wrote:

Yeah, give me another stealth roll since you are moving.  The other guys are distracted by the fight, but they should have some chance to see you if you come out into the open and expose yourself before you make it to the next cover\hiding spot.

and can you elaborate on your path?   are you going over the top of the bush, by the cliff or under the bush (like the way Daxx went).

By either path, i think Sharn will be short of the next bush, more short by the bottom path.  Does Sharn want to use the full movement 20m and incur the -5 penalty to the roll or just go 10m with no penalty but not make it to the next bush.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:43 pm

No Stealth, then. Hopefully these guys are distracted. Just a double move to get to the bush that is on the right (nearest to the cliff). He's working his way around.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:51 pm

Subdual damage is really only useful when you don't want to kill your opponent. So massive/wound damage has chance to KO, what about a crit doing subdual could potentially render someone unconscious? Or at least stunned? Like a Vulcan nerve pinch? They would get a save. The KO rules work for this too...
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:10 pm

That's a different Crit feat then from teh other games. Pretty sure 3.5 was only melee attacks and I'm certain that PF is that way.

no big deal
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue60/112Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:15 pm

Fort save -

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +3" :

11 + 3 = 14

CHRIS - ive got $20 sayin' that dude didnt have a stun grenade listed as equipment before I started 'chuckin some his way Suspect 
    hehe!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:27 pm

drunken  THIS IS FROM PATHFINDER!   same as Star Wars

whit10 wrote:That's a different Crit feat then from teh other games.  Pretty sure 3.5 was only melee attacks and I'm certain that PF is that way.

no big deal

here is the direct quote from PF, nothing about it only applying to melee

Improved Critical (Combat)

Attacks made with your chosen weapon are quite deadly.

Prerequisite: Proficient with weapon, base attack bonus +8.

Benefit: When using the weapon you selected, your threat range is doubled.

Special: You can gain Improved Critical multiple times. The effects do not stack. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new type of weapon.

This effect doesn't stack with any other effect that expands the threat range of a weapon.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:28 pm

MAS wrote:Fort save -

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +3" :

11 + 3 = 14

CHRIS - ive got $20 sayin' that dude didnt have a stun grenade listed as equipment before I started 'chuckin some his way Suspect 
    hehe!

his equipment didn't say he didn't have a stun grenade Suspect

stunned 1 rd

*the other scout did have a grenade too, he chucked it at the Jedi.... maybe it WAS a frag grenade......

Last edited by Chris on Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:32 pm

Robyo wrote:Subdual damage is really only useful when you don't want to kill your opponent. So massive/wound damage has chance to KO, what about a crit doing subdual could potentially render someone unconscious? Or at least stunned? Like a Vulcan nerve pinch? They would get a save. The KO rules work for this too...

ok, if you got a crit, you could do subdual damage and only have to surpass their wounds to knock them out, I suppose subdual Wound damage could also force the DC 5 + wound damage taken save or be KO'd as well.  

is this where you want Sharn?

Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Fighti40
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:43 pm

Lando guard will "withdraw" 2m as a move action and then move away 10m drawing his pistol.

droids move as noted and

top droid shoots at a stunned Rakhu..... missed by a mile
    middle droid shoots at a stunned T'son.... close, but no
    bottom droid shoots at Daxx....... he missed but got a total of 20, so I think that is within Daxx's redirect range

Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Fighti42

Chris wrote:
    T'son 23  -- STUN
    Daxx 21   *5 rds BM, 6 rds of EA  
    Rakhu 19   * permanent BAMF *  --- STUN
    Sharpshooter on rock 16
    Sharn 12   *4 rds EA *  
    door guards 9

Daxx has his redirect from the droid and then is up for his turn, due to stun on T'son
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:49 pm

Chris wrote:
    Robyo wrote:Subdual damage is really only useful when you don't want to kill your opponent. So massive/wound damage has chance to KO, what about a crit doing subdual could potentially render someone unconscious? Or at least stunned? Like a Vulcan nerve pinch? They would get a save. The KO rules work for this too...

ok, if you got a crit, you could do subdual damage and only have to surpass their wounds to knock them out, I suppose subdual Wound damage could also force the DC 5 + wound damage taken save or be KO'd as well.  

is this where you want Sharn?

Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Fighti40

I'd prefer to have him behind the bush and out of view. That's the end of the map, but not the cliff, right?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:50 pm

and just cuz I'm still bitter about the Thermal Detonators.... here is D&D 3.5

Improved Critical [General]

Choose one type of weapon.
    Prerequisite

Proficient with weapon, base attack bonus +8.
    Benefit

When using the weapon you selected, your threat range is doubled.
    Special

You can gain Improved Critical multiple times. The effects do not stack. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new type of weapon.

This effect doesn’t stack with any other effect that expands the threat range of a weapon.

A fighter may select Improved Critical as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:53 pm

[/quote]
    I'd prefer to have him behind the bush and out of view. That's the end of the map, but not the cliff, right? [/quote]

like this?

Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Fighti43
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:21 pm

nevermind...I was thinking of the weapon quality 'Keen'... "doh" Smile

as for the deflection.. naw, I need the full round action after that shot.

Last edited by whit10 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:29 pm

whit10 wrote:nevermind...I was thinking of the weapon quality 'Keen'... "doh" Smile

study  the real question is.... does KEEN work on a Thermal Detonator?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:30 pm

If you made the thermal detonator a shrapnel weapon of some sort... why not?! Wink

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:34 pm

whit10 wrote:nevermind...I was thinking of the weapon quality 'Keen'... "doh" Smile

just for arguments sake, though.... that makes zero sense. Arrows, spears, crossbow bolts should definitely be Keen-able.

why no love for bludgeoning? just call it "dense" or something and increase the threat range. forcing people to use specific weapons is just dumb, in my opinion

MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue60/112Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:46 pm

Chris wrote:

study  the real question is.... does KEEN work on a Thermal Detonator?

ONLY when thrown...affraid 

Hey - have you guys seen the kingdom management/large scale battle system on the PF wiki? Pretty good stuff. Gives me some ideas about a kingdom management campaign...kind of a hybrid board game/rpg thingamojobby....
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:53 pm

MAS wrote:
    Hey - have you guys seen the kingdom management/large scale battle system on the PF wiki? Pretty good stuff. Gives me some ideas about a kingdom management campaign...kind of a hybrid board game/rpg thingamojobby....

I have not.... maybe for the next game?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue68/68Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:54 pm

Chris wrote:

just for arguments sake, though.... that makes zero sense.  Arrows, spears, crossbow bolts should definitely be Keen-able.

why no love for bludgeoning?   just call it "dense" or something and increase the threat range.  forcing people to use specific weapons is just dumb, in my opinion

Its in 3e unearthed arcanna and its called "impact."

MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Chris wrote:
    MAS wrote:

I have not.... maybe for the next game?

We could certainly discuss it. It'd take some some time to set up, but it could be a fun game and an interesting shift in storytelling and world building where every player gets to create and control a unique, customized race/nation. Ive got some ideas ive been playing with for a while, but Id have to give these rules a solid look to see how they might fit the concept. Maybe I'll start a thread for discussion about it sometime soon.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:31 pm

I kinda have the same opinion, however, Rangers get two spells that more than make up for it. Eyes of the Falcon (I think) and Gravity Bow. They do the same increase in crit threat range and the later spell gives you one size category higher in damage code: 1d8 becomes 2d6! Smile

Our Ranger in the Charleston game was pretty much an arrow machine gunner. It was "most impressive".
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:44 pm

whit10 wrote:yes, Daxx will deflect... lemme know when to roll

whit10 wrote:

You don't get to un-do your deflection just because you got hit. That is why you have to declare it BEFORE the shot is resolved.

So.... you declared your use of Deflect this round. You still got hit, even though you tried to deflect the Sharpshooter's shot. Your deflect stays active until your next action.

Daxx did successfully Deflect the droid's shot. If you don't want to redirect it, that is fine, but it has no additional cost. up to you.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:46 pm

Chris wrote:
    T'son 23 -- STUN
    Daxx 21 *5 rds BM, 6 rds of EA
    Scouts - Garindan - PRONE - mad as hell!
    Rakhu 19 * permanent BAMF * --- STUN
    Sharpshooter on rock 16
    Sharn 12 *4 rds EA *
    door guards 9
    droid guy 8 ------- dead
    droids 6 "roger, roger"

so Daxx is up whether he redirects from last round or not. he has only a standard action remaining
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:06 pm

crap.. forgot that I was deflecting this round.

Uh... I'm right near the rocks, yes? How far up is the gun or sniper?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:08 pm

if I can still deflect the shot back at that droid, then...

Roll(1d20)+8:
    3,+8
    Total:11

heh..notsomuch
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:40 pm

ok, so that resolves the deflection from last round

Daxx is up for this round
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:49 pm

whit10 wrote:crap.. forgot that I was deflecting this round.

Uh... I'm right near the rocks, yes?  How far up is the gun or sniper?

Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Fighti44

Looking at the hexes on the ground, I think my earlier estimates for the height of the rocks was a bit too high.  I would say the rock shelf is about 4m (2 hexes) tall and the sniper is up another 4m, so 8m total.  remember he is now laying down with a portable shield.

The black base of the gun is about 10m and the barrels are at about 12-14m, assuming they are actually pointing UP since it is an AA gun and not horizontal like the anti-walker turret model.

here is a pic from earlier that shows the heights, disregard the miniatures as they have moved

Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 M1710012
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:13 am

how far away is dude that I took the weapon from?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:03 am

whit10 wrote:how far away is dude that I took the weapon from?

Lando on the map, who's wpn you sundered?

he did a 2m withdraw and then a full 10m move - so 12m, or 6 hexes on the map if you count them.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:40 am

Sharn is planning to help Daxx, he just won't be there for another round. He's a decent climber and was gonna take out Dengar on the tower. If Daxx wants to kill him, that's cool, but whoever does the climbing might want some cover.

Matt, your idea of a domain-based campaign sounds intriguing. Can you post the link of the wiki? If that's something you'd want to run, I'd be happy to try it. Though I could also see this grand-type of a game having co-DM's or a rotation.

And just an update, Pathfinder did release their Ultimate Campaign book which has rules for domain-management, building strongholds, mass combat, character backgrounds, and downtime stuff like training. Since it's PF, everything is 3.5 compatible, and to me, it looks pretty cool, at least for the information. Aesthetically, I'm bored of the iconics filling up pages. Would prefer more fresh art.

A lot of the domain stuff has already been published in their Kingmaker Adventure Path. Maybe that's the stuff already in their wiki? Or perhaps Ultimate Campaign is already incorporated. That would be convenient!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:47 am

well, there ain't shit I can do here... I'll move to find some cover I guess, closer to the wall (Jedi are not as fun to play as I thought)
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:03 am

and before you ask, no. I'm not friggin deflecting (tired of losing actions)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:30 am

Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 4 Fighti46

Garindan is up - he will take a 2m crawl to have full cover behind the fallen tree.  He takes an unseen action.

Chris wrote:
    T'son 23  -- STUN
    Daxx 21   *5 rds BM, 6 rds of EA
    Sharpshooter on rock 16
    Sharn 12   *4 rds EA *  
    door guards 9

Rakhu is now up, but he dropped the weapon he was holding when he was stunned.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:39 am

whit10 wrote:well, there ain't shit I can do here... I'll move to find some cover I guess, closer to the wall (Jedi are not as fun to play as I thought)

can I make a suggestion?

you can't do everything at once. think about the way Qui-gonn and Obi wan fought in Ep1 in particular vs all the droids. They moved slowly, deflecting (protecting themselves and the queen). They killed as many droids by deflection as they did by lightsaber attacks.

Daxx has killed 1 guard by deflection and 1 droid by lightsaber slice.

Jedi are like an unrelenting terminator, they move slowly, but you can't stop them. Just advance slowly, protecting yourself and then hack 'em when you get there.

normally you can only take 1 attack and 1 move - for anyone, right?

Jedi can move and take multiple deflections in a round. you get multiple attacks AND a move, no one else can do that. they either move and shoot or take multiple shots using a full round action. Jedi are MORE mobile than anyone else.

Jedi don't need to hide behind cover and sneak up. BE THE TARGET, draw fire away from your friends and to you - you can deflect it back. it is called "Guardian" for a reason.

whit10 wrote:and before you ask, no. I'm not friggin deflecting (tired of losing actions)

don't think about it as "losing actions" - it is your attack, as you advance. and your attack actually INCREASES your DC! no one else gets that Cool 
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:13 am

Yeah dude deflect is awesome!!! Quit whining
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:31 am

navyik wrote:Yeah dude deflect is awesome!!! Quit whining

Chris wrote:

Chris wrote:
    T'son 23 -- STUN
    Daxx 21 *5 rds BM, 6 rds of EA
    Scouts - Garindan - PRONE - mad as hell!
    Rakhu 19 * permanent BAMF *
    Sharpshooter on rock 16
    Sharn 12 *4 rds EA *
    door guards 9
    droid guy 8 ------- dead
    droids 6 "roger, roger"

Rakhu is now up, but he dropped the weapon he was holding when he was stunned.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:46 am