Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

5 posters

Fighting for FLAK - combat only

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue35/35Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0/0Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 9 Empty Re: Fighting for FLAK - combat only

Post  Chris Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:48 pm

navyik wrote:Can we reach the barrel?bom 
    Twisted Evil if you stand on the Jedi's corpse.... er... body.

The opening in the rocks is up probably 2-4m and the barrels extend up another 2-3m from there. You could climb fairly easily DC 15 or shoot them (prob not very effective) or piss on your shirt, tie it into a knot around the barrels and bend the metal..... or whatever....
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue19/19Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue1/0Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 9 Empty Re: Fighting for FLAK - combat only

Post  whit10 Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:53 pm

or go Brecourt Manor style and just drop some thermal detonators down the barrels?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue35/35Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0/0Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:00 pm

whit10 wrote:or go Brecourt Manor style and just drop some thermal detonators down the barrels?  
    hey, no help from the mostly-dead guy!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue19/19Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue1/0Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:08 pm

"I'm not dead yet... I think I'll go for a walk"
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:53 pm

Chris wrote:
    Robyo wrote:So are we out of initiative?
    Sharn will check on Daxx. How long ago did I use Heal Another on the pilots? Has it been over an hour?
    All his Force healing has been used. So, Treat Injury: 3+13= 16
    And yeah, pick up lightsaber. Can I activate it?
    Yes, initiative is over.

I don't understand your Heal Another question?  You can only use it once per hour on the same person - you could heal 10 different people in the same hour, for vitality.  It is once per day for wound damage.  

You are never all used up on Force Healing, just for 1 specific person.

The encounter with the pilots was the yesterday.

Treat Injury - what specifically are you trying to do for Daxx?  
    - use a Med Kit to restore vitality?
    - use a Med Pack to restore wounds?
    - something else?

check the skill description and remove the appropriate item from inventory.  (16 fails the Med pack attempt)

remember, you can take 10 for either Heal Another or Treat Injury, if that helps

Sure, Sharn has probably seen a lightsaber before..... it ignites with the push of a button and a glowing beam of energy snaps out of 1 end.
    I believe DC for Med kit and Medpac is 15. So how do I fail with a 16?
    So Sharn will use his Med Kit to stabilize Daxx's condition.

Then, Heal Another: 10+10= 20
    3+1= 4 Wounds restored
    (costs 2 vitality)

Sharn then uses the lightsaber to cut off the barrel of the FLAK, if he can reach.

He then cuts a circle in the rock, wide enough to squeeze though. He calls for Irwin: "Shistkoff! Growlar grungarr rawg! Murgar ruffrin vargish magg." {"Birdbrain! Get over here! Go in the hole and tell me what you see. We may have to flush these bastiches out."}

If Daxx is conscious, Sharn hands him back the lightsaber. "Gruffral murgar vunndu." {Next time, wait for backup} he says and smiles, revealing rows of sharp angular teeth.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:16 pm

Sharn can easily enough take 10 on a climb check and after a few swings has neutered the flak guns.

I can double check the SW book, but I think it is DC15 for med kit for vitality and DC20 for med pak for wounds.
    but I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first or last time confused 

Daxx would be at 0 - so he can wake up, but can only take a partial action and nothing strenuous (like an attack) or he will lose another -1.

Daxx regains consciousness to see a row of sharp teeth and a grinning wookie growling at him in Shryyrook. The wookie is returning Daxx's lightsaber.

Irwin chirps happily and flies from a nearby tree branch into the bunker hole. After a minute or so, he flies back out and reports the bunker is empty except for some droid parts, a couple chairs and a computer\maintenance panel.

Irwins beeps and whirls about the great action shots he has of Sharn wrestling with the sniper and tossing off his rocks.... SQWAK... Irwin means tossing the sniper off the rocks, sorry boss!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:18 pm

ok... explain that again... I can't freakin heal myself since its a "full round action"? Or do I just take more damage if I try to heal myself... which I could give two shits about anyway
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:02 pm

So, anyone else want to take a look?

Or should we report back?
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue60/112Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:31 pm

"Got you all covered....either hit the barrel with the laser sword or lets place some charges and blow it. Who and whatever is inside is of no consequence to us - lets get moving! "
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue68/68Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:45 pm

MAS wrote:"Got you all covered....either hit the barrel with the laser sword or lets place some charges and blow it. Who and whatever is inside is of no consequence to us - lets get moving! "
    "That sou ds right, T'son, but i don't want to be the guy who ket something important slip by. A qui k peek shouldnt hurt. But lets be ready this time," he says pulling a thermal detonator off of his bandolier."

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:14 am

Robyo wrote:
    I believe DC for Med kit and Medpac is 15. So how do I fail with a 16?
    So Sharn will use his Med Kit to stabilize Daxx's condition.

Then, Heal Another: 10+10= 20
    3+1= 4 Wounds restored
    (costs 2 vitality)
    drunken yup, GM was wrong, DC for medpack and medkit are 15, so Sharn also heals Daxx for (rolls mysteriously behind GM screen) :study:1 wound point!  

The Count will now count Daxx's wound points.....

Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 9 Count10

Daxx is now at 1, 1 wound point, (clap of thunder, flash of lighting), ah hahaha

whit10 wrote:ok... explain that again... I can't freakin heal myself since its a "full round action"?  Or do I just take more damage if I try to heal myself... which I could give two shits about anyway
    as long as you are at 0 wound points and "disabled" you cannot take a full round action, correct.  you should give 2 shits about taking more damage, since it would put you back at -1, unconscious and bleeding again Rolling Eyes

However, Sharn did also heal you with a medpack, so Daxx is now at 1, 1 wound point, (thunder, lighting) ah hahaha

navyik wrote:
    MAS wrote:"Got you all covered....either hit the barrel with the laser sword or lets place some charges and blow it. Who and whatever is inside is of no consequence to us - lets get moving! "
    "That sou ds right, T'son, but i don't want to be the guy who ket something important slip by. A qui k peek shouldnt hurt.  But lets be ready this time," he says pulling a thermal detonator off of his bandolier."

Chris wrote:Sharn can easily enough take 10 on a climb check and after a few swings has neutered the flak guns.

The guns are already disabled.

What other looking around do you want to do?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue68/68Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:28 am

Military grade com: "razor1, this is poker face. I am calling in your marker, over."

"Lets get you on the ground daxx. Then you can use your fancy can opener on that blast door."clown 
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:30 am

Daxx:

Heal Self:
    Roll(1d20)+7:
    16,+7
    Total:23

Roll(1d6)+2:
    6,+2
    Total:8

Well that's somewhat better...   7 Wound Points, 20 vitality currently

As for giving two shits... If I took a full round action to heal, wouldn't it just have healed that damage as well (assuming the roll didn't fail)?

Daxx is feeling a strong urge to behead the corpse of that sniper.

Daxx will ignore the just posted advice from Rakhuand ignite his lightsaber as he heads to the body of the sniper...
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:58 am

whit10 wrote:Daxx:

Daxx will ignore the just posted advice from Rakhuand ignite his lightsaber as he heads to the body of the sniper...
    "That boy aint right..."

Rakhu clumbs back down taking 10= 17

"We have a minute or two, is anybody REALLY against looking into the bunker... shouldnt be all that big..."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:44 am

whit10 wrote:Daxx:

Ok

Daxx gives in to his anger and fear at almost losing his life. He mutilates the remains of the dead sniper.

-2 Dark Side Attunement shift

For just a moment, the lines on his face grow darker, then they fade back to normal.

navyik wrote:
    "That boy aint right..."

Rakhu clumbs back down taking 10= 17

"We have a minute or two, is anybody REALLY against looking into the bunker... shouldnt be all that big..."
    As Rakhu climbs down he notices a control panel in the rock by the blast doors.

A Computer Use check could open the door by faking or overriding the code.

A Disable Device check could open the door by removing the panel and actually 'hot-wiring' it to open.

Think the shield generator scene in Jedi....
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:09 am

"Hey sharn, is your droid a hacker?"scratch 
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:13 am

excuse me... I never said that he actually did anything.  Daxx did not get any darkside shift... not yet.  He's just staring down at the body for the moment... sort of in a trance

Now then, breaking from his trance... "get a grip Daxx" quietly to himself more than to the others...

See Force check:  (in case there is someone watching this?)

Roll(1d20)+6:
    2,+6
    Total:8

Er... nevermind. lol Vitality: -25
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:16 am

whit10 wrote:excuse me... I never said that he actually did anything.  Daxx did not get any darkside shift... not yet.  He's just staring down at the body for the moment... sort of in a trance

Now then, breaking from his trance... "get a grip Daxx" quietly to himself more than to the others...
    Ok, please be more specific when you post something. You could have completed the first post with the above response and then it would have been clear that Daxx was only flirting with his inner demons and not fully embracing them.

consider my above description a brief vision that Daxx saw of himself actually doing it, he could see the Dark Side corruption on his own face, as if observing himself from a distance.

what I don't want is for players to know the consequence of an action before they do it Cool 
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:19 am

navyik wrote:Military grade com: "razor1, this is poker face.  I am calling in your marker, over."

I almost missed that geek 

is Rakhu calling the 'Pubs that were find their own ships or the Twi'lek Thana or something else?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:20 am

well, I was still on the fence last night as to whether or not he was going to chop him... as it wasn't exactly terribly important, I didn't think that much of it at the time.

Was actually just waiting to see if someone will contact the Twilek or if we're going to bother with the bunker
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:22 am

Both pubs and thana
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:32 am

whit10 wrote:well, I was still on the fence last night as to whether or not he was going to chop him... as it wasn't exactly terribly important, I didn't think that much of it at the time.
    it is only important for character development

whit10 wrote:
    Was actually just waiting to see if someone will contact the Twilek or if we're going to bother with the bunker
    up to the crew, Irwin already told Sharn what he saw in the bunker
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:35 am

navyik wrote:Both pubs and thana

***GM question here****

I have 1 more minor encounter planned for Ord Mantell, but I also didn't expect this fight to take.... 4 weeks, literally.

The encounter can easily be re-skinned to happen anywhere, so it's not a big deal.

I understand if everyone is weary of Ord Mantell and just wants to "get on with it".

What do you guys think?

get moving to Kintan
    or
    1 more minor encounter here
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:41 am

I will trust in the GM, or let the rest of the party decide... though I'm in no real shape for combat at the moment
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:43 am

Chris wrote:
    navyik wrote:Both pubs and thana

***GM question here****

I have 1 more minor encounter planned for Ord Mantell, but I also didn't expect this fight to take....  4 weeks, literally.  

The encounter can easily be re-skinned to happen anywhere, so it's not a big deal.

I understand if everyone is weary of Ord Mantell and just wants to "get on with it".

What do you guys think?  

get moving to Kintan

Tell your story man.
    or
    1 more minor encounter here
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue60/112Fighting for FLAK - combat only - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:02 pm

"The bunker is irrelavant to the mission. We should maintain security and get OFF this planet before the increasing instabillty traps us here..."
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:15 pm

"We need to get word to the Republic about this now... waiting to take off could delay it too long."
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:40 pm

"Ok." Cool

Military com: "razor 1, this is pokerface, do you copy? Cards are on the table, over."
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:11 pm

Unless y'all want to check the bunker, Sharn is up for leaving. He's low on Vitality...

BTW, anyone else need some healing?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:05 pm

I'm good for now on the healing.. can do the rest later myself.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:38 pm

No wounds here - Tson is good. 

Pulling security pending evac -
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:05 pm

NEW THREAD STARTED FOR NEXT SECTION

"What is it.... some kind of local trouble?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:27 pm