Robyo
MrBrownstone75
6 posters

Prologue - Episode 4

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue35/35Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Empty Re: Prologue - Episode 4

Post  Chris Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:20 pm

whit10 wrote:oh... uh, no.  Sorry, I wasn't really thinking clearly.

Can the shields and cloaking device be engaged at the same time?

There are really no rules on Cloaking Devices for ships, so I am going with the general Star Trek lore and "no ship that small has a cloaking device".

The Cloak requires a vast amount of the ship's power. Basically activating the Cloak is about re-routing power from other systems - namely shields, wpns and hyperdrive. You can either Cloak her or fight. Raising shields, firing a weapon or engaging the hyperdrive requires another power re-route away from the cloak, which drops, and to the other systems.

With a couple people manning different stations this could all happen quickly, but it does take several rolls.

I have been pretty lenient with ret-cons and such with everyone for this first fight. If Shivak would have raised shields on his descent, then they can be "up" or Shivak can approach while cloaked, but it will take 1 computer use roll (move) per system to restore power.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:32 pm

ok, that's what I thought but I wanted to be clear.

Shivak is not the "hell bent for glory" type. He would have engaged the cloaking device until he's right on top of the offending ships (point blank range) then he will open fire.

So: he will move to point blank range and drop the cloak to fire. Does that require the computer use first? (I knew not having a good computer score would get me)
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue60/112Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:01 pm

Chris wrote:

3\4 apes are now injured with the following HP

10\19
    8\19
    19\19
    12\19

Ape 1 and Ape 3 are successful in their grapples, Ape 2 (1 fumble) falls prone
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GM - Please refer to stat blocks provided in-post; Apes all have +30 HP granted from being large sized constructs. They start at 49 HP.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue35/35Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:07 pm

MAS wrote:
    Chris wrote:

40\49
    38\49
    49\49
    42\49

Ape 1 and Ape 3 are successful in their grapples, Ape 2 (1 fumble) falls prone
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GM - Please refer to stat blocks provided in-post; Apes all have +30 HP granted from being large sized constructs. They start at 49 HP.

drunken DOH! my bad. I was actually looking at the stat block, I quoted your whole post so I could refer to it. I think my eyes just saw the 19 (base HP) and I must have glazed over the very clearly written +30. Then I edited out the stat block to save space.

The nano-apes are barely scratched elephant
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:11 pm

whit10 wrote:ok, that's what I thought but I wanted to be clear.

Shivak is not the "hell bent for glory" type.  He would have engaged the cloaking device until he's right on top of the offending ships (point blank range) then he will open fire.

So:  he will move to point blank range and drop the cloak to fire.  Does that require the computer use first?  (I knew not having a good computer score would get me)

yes, but that would be 3 actions

move into position

computer use (move) to re-route power from Cloak to wpns (still no shields or hyperdrive)

fire weapons, single attack action

(this is where having a crew is important - soon!)

Hero Point? re-think declared actions?

Shivak could come in with shields up already, but not cloaked, move + shoot
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:28 pm

I'm not wasting a Hero point on the first damned fight.

Heroic Burst is better. Additional Standard action (and he has two more of those if necessary)

So, would that allow him to do what I mentioned before? The shot would come with the use of Heroic Burst
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:11 pm

Actually, scratch that... Shivak can or cannot come into the fight with the cloaking device activated?? (which, frankly, he would have done at the first sign of trouble. This is the problem with doing this stuff when I'm at work)

If he is cloaked, he is going to try and get around and behind the droid fighter that is in the center top of the map; near where the wookie and folks are at. No shooting yet.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:44 pm

whit10 wrote:Actually, scratch that... Shivak can or cannot come into the fight with the cloaking device activated??   (which, frankly, he would have done at the first sign of trouble. This is the problem with doing this stuff when I'm at work)

If he is cloaked, he is going to try and get around and behind the droid fighter that is in the center top of the map; near where the wookie and folks are at.  No shooting yet.

study I am not sure where you want to be, given the size of the ship. What elevation, relative to the others - above the droid ship? below T'son who is dangling like a chad?

Is this ok?

map updated with SDX nano-horde moves

Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 1_mdg_26
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:03 pm

close enough Smile
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:49 am

whit10 wrote:close enough Smile

that doesn't answer the question drunken

Chris wrote: What elevation, relative to the others - above the droid ship? below T'son who is dangling like a chad?

Chris wrote:
    Initiative Order:
    21 - Tarro (higher dex)
    21 - Nano-apes and Nano-AEM
    21 - SDX
    18 - T'son (NPC)
    17 - Shivak

15 - C3PXers
    9 - Sharn
    8 - Skadge (NPC)
    4 - Bos

C3PXers are up
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:25 am

E-29 C3PXer moves to clear Bos's cover and takes a shot at the Bothan

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +9" :

10 + 9 = 19

hit!

damage

Result of the throw of dice "3d8" :

2 + 8 + 7 = 17

I-5 C3PXer, since nobody helped poor old Skadge will fire at the bleeding alien.

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +7" :

1 + 7 = 8

affraid seriously dice?!?!

Skadge survives by the skin of his fat head

L-16 C3PXer makes a melee attack vs the prone Ape at +4
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +11" :

15 + 11 = 26

damage
    Result of the throw of dice "1d10 +3" :

10 + 3 = 13

K-19 makes a melee attack vs his Ape

9 + 7 = 16

damage
    Result of the throw of dice "1d10 +3" :

1 + 3 = 4

Chris wrote:

40\49
    25\49
    49\49
    38\49

the 2 droids load the body of Nomar inside the droid starfighter

the other 2 at R-14 and R-17 fire their homing missiles at 2 of the Nano-apes, targets:  M-16 (prone) and K-20

both need to make a Reflex save, no penalty for prone scratch

droid starfighter C-19 is satisfied that Sharn and T'son are out of the fight and will target the AEM's near C3PX
    it has 2 pairs of fire-linked laser cannons

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +8" :

20 + 8 = 28

crit!

confirmation

6 + 8 = 14

2nd shot

15 + 8 = 23

2 hits, no crits

damage is 5d10x2

damage vs 1 AEM
    Result of the throw of dice "5d10" :

7 + 8 + 10 + 8 + 3 = 36
    36x2 = 72

damage vs 2 AEM

Result of the throw of dice "5d10" :

3 + 6 + 10 + 10 + 10 = 39
    39x2 = 78

2 of the AEMs are destroyed

____________________________________________________________________________________

C3PX mocks Tarro in his mechanical voice, "Nomar is not your prize? An accurate insight, Nomar is MY prize!  Surely you don't think you are a match for me directly.  I have studied the flaws in your biological system.  I will win the Great Hunt of the Mandalorians!"

C3PX takes careful aim with his Deadly Shot
    He gets 4 attacks at +15\+15\+15\+10  
    they all get tallied into 1 single hit, each successful attacks multiplies his base damage
    each is a Touch Attack

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +15" :

6 + 15 = 21

17 + 15 = 32

1 + 15 = 16

The gunslinger only misfires on a dead shot if all the attack rolls are misfires.

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +10" :

12 + 10 = 22

3 hits

Result of the throw of dice "3d10 +5" :

5 + 10 + 3 + 5 = 23

23x3 = 66 damage to Tarro

as of Tarro's last action, he had

Hp 114/135

66 is more than 50 in a single attack, but not more than 1/2 Tarro's total.  Tarro avoids Massive Damage  Cool   (Skadge and Mako weren't so lucky)

Massive Damage: If you ever sustain a single attack that deals an amount of damage equal to half your total hit points (minimum 50 points of damage) or more and it doesn't kill you outright, you must make a DC 15 Fortitude save. If this saving throw fails, you die regardless of your current hit points.

map is current

Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 1_mdg_27

Chris wrote:
    Initiative Order:
    21 - Tarro (higher dex)
    21 - Nano-apes and Nano-AEM
    21 - SDX
    18 - T'son (NPC)
    17 - Shivak

15 - C3PXers
    9 - Sharn
    8 - Skadge (NPC)
    4 - Bos

Tarro does not need to make 2 Reflex saves as the missiles don't reach him this turn

2 Apes need DC 15 reflex saves

Sharn is up
    Skadge will crawl for cover, he is nearly dead
    Boss on deck
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:35 am

uh, beneath it
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:48 am

Sharn continues to climb down to T'son. Can he reach him in one move?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:26 am

Robyo wrote:Sharn continues to climb down to T'son. Can he reach him in one move?

sure 1 move to get there. then what?
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:37 am

Cure Light Wounds on T'son.
    7 + 5 = 12 HP restored.

"Gruff growll rawrr!" {Grab onto the line, T'son!}

Sharn's turn is done.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue60/112Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:56 pm

Ape 1 reflex save
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" :

3 + 5 = 8

Ape 2 reflex save
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" :

10 + 5 = 15

GM - who is the biological vicinity T/U 18 being hauled of by droids? Is he a Friendly?

SDX may not know who he is specifically, I am asking as a player.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:29 pm

Robyo wrote:Cure Light Wounds on T'son.
    7 + 5 = 12 HP restored.

"Gruff growll rawrr!" {Grab onto the line, T'son!}
    Sharn's turn is done.

T'son's cries of pain ease up a bit. His back still looks broken, but he is stable.

MAS wrote:
    GM - who is the biological vicinity T/U 18 being hauled of by droids? Is he a Friendly?
    SDX may not know who he is specifically, I am asking as a player.

SDX recalls that is the body that the Gree slurped the brains out of down in the Works. The red armored human carried him up to the surface as his prize.

Matt - that is the body of the recently deceased Jedi Knight and heir to throne of House Organna on Alderaan. He was the target in this round of the Mandalorian Great Hunt. Tarro and C3PX are both after his corpse and each other.

Chris wrote:
    House Organna is always in the news. There is a "mostly" political Civil War happening on Alderaan between the noble houses. Organna strongly supports the Republic, but its rival House Thuul supports the Empire. There are many minor houses aligned on both sides. House Rist is the other major house, known for its spies and assassins. It has yet to align with either Thuul or Organna.

Mako is truly worth her weight in gold! She finds a single reference, a cancelled wedding banquet reservation at the Sky Lounge from 25 years ago.... between Nomar Organna and Lana Rist.

His death may cause a shift in power on Alderaan towards house Thuul and the Empire. How Lana Rist will react is anyone's guess Cool
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:49 am

Bos is up

Tarro on deck

SDX + Nanohorde in the hole
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:52 am

Chris wrote:Bos is up

Tarro on deck

SDX + Nanohorde in the hole

ok, it's been 24hrs

Bos will slide down the initiative, but can act anytime Bronson is available

Tarro is up

SDX + on deck
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68/68Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:09 am

Tarro
    Ac 29 SR21
    Touch 20
    Hp 48/135
    PBAMF
    Haste +1att/+1AC

"Aren't you a little full of yourself for a droid?"

The damage activates the med-lance built into Tarro's armor.  (Move action applied as his free action: divine favor).  If he gets a second free action during this full round action, the other medlance in his armor will apply cure light wounds (1+1=2 hp restored).

Tarro makes a full attack:

10+15+3+2+1=31
    Dmg 6d8+6+6=38

18+15+3+2+1=39
    3d8+6=24

5+15+3+2+1=26
    3d8+6=12

7+10+3+2+1=23
    3d8+6=16

With his extra attack (if C3PX hasn't already dropped):

Tarro rolls a 1 and spends a hero point to re-roll (if C3PX hasn't already dropped)

10+15+3+2+1=31
    3d8+6=18

Tarro expends 1 mythic power (if C3PX hasn't already dropped) to make a distant barrage:

10+15+3+2+1=31
    3d8+6=16 (bypasses DR)

Tarro drops 5' behind the cover of the AEMs.

Last edited by navyik on Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:25 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:12 pm

navyik wrote:Tarro
    Ac 30 SR21
    Hp 48/135
    PBAMF
    Haste +1 att/+1 AC

The damage activates the med-lance built into Tarro's armor.  (Move action applied as his free action: divine favor).  If he gets a second free action during this full round action, the other medlance in his armor will apply cure light wounds (1+1=2 hp restored).

10+15+3+2=30
    Dmg 6d8+6=32

18+15+3+2=38
    3d8+6=24

5+15+3+2=25
    3d8+6=12

7+10+3+2=22
    3d8+6=16

With his extra standard action (if C3PX hasn't already dropped) he makes a vital strike:

Tarro rolls a 1 and spends a hero point to re-roll (if C3PX hasn't already dropped)

10+15+3+2=30
    6d8+6=37

Tarro expends 1 mythic power (if C3PX hasn't already dropped) to make a distant barrage:

10+15+3+2=30
    3d8+6=16 (bypasses DR)

cheers nice volley!

study I have a couple quick questions that you can probably answer faster than I can look them up..... in red above

I think that is fine, since I said we are playing with the 5e rules about free actions like Quick Draw, Quick Sheathe, which basically gives everyone 2 free actions - 1 with the move and 1 with the standard each round.

how is the first attack at 6d8?

I don't think that can be a Vital Strike since you are using a Full Round attack action, not 1 single attack

where is the extra standard action coming from?

Haste:
    When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with one natural or manufactured weapon. The attack is made using the creature's full base attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropriate to the situation.

So you can't apply Vital Strike to it, since it just adds +1 iterative attack to a Full Round action.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue68/68Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:20 pm

Tarro
    Ac 29 SR21
    Touch 20
    Hp 50/135
    PBAMF
    Haste +1att/+1AC
    Divine favor +2 att/dmg
    Studied target +3 att/dmg

Tarros first shot applies this:

Manyshot (Combat)
    You can fire multiple arrows at a single target.

Prerequisites: Dex 17, Point-Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, base attack bonus +6.
    Benefit: When making a full-attack action with a bow, your first attack fires two arrows. If the attack hits, both arrows hit. Apply precision-based damage (such as sneak attack) and critical hit damage only once for this attack. Damage bonuses from using a composite bow with a high Strength bonus apply to each arrow, as do other damage bonuses, such as a ranger's favored enemy bonus. Damage reduction and resistances apply separately to each arrow.

I have corrected my attack and damage rolls for haste, manyshot damage (I forgot I get double dmg bonuses).
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:52 pm

Ac 29 SR21
    Touch 20
    Hp 50/135
    PBAMF
    Haste +1att/+1AC
    Divine favor +2 att/dmg

Tarros first shot applies this:

Manyshot (Combat)
    You can fire multiple arrows at a single target.

Prerequisites: Dex 17, Point-Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, base attack bonus +6.
    Benefit: When making a full-attack action with a bow, your first attack fires two arrows. If the attack hits, both arrows hit. Apply precision-based damage (such as sneak attack) and critical hit damage only once for this attack. Damage bonuses from using a composite bow with a high Strength bonus apply to each arrow, as do other damage bonuses, such as a ranger's favored enemy bonus. Damage reduction and resistances apply separately to each arrow.

I have corrected my attack and damage rolls for haste, manyshot damage (I forgot I get double dmg bonuses).

ah, right, I keep forgetting how they changed Manyshot. I thought you were rolling twice for it (like in D&D)

That clears up the damage code on attack 1 and the haste action.

But it brings up another question (sorry)

How is Tarro getting the initial 4 attacks? (I understand the +1 haste +1 mythic)

I see on his character sheet it lists the following, my additions in red

Attacks 10/5 = BAB
    *=Manyshot (roll damage 2x)

Blast rifle 15*/15/15/10 3d8+1 150m
    17*/17/12
    17 6d8+1

Which I (incorrectly) thought was 2 for BAB, +1 many shot + 1 rapid shot = 4
    but as you pointed out, you only roll once for Manyshot and just multiple the damage.

I follow the #s, 10 + 6 dex + 1 rifle = +17 but -2 rapid shot to all = +15\+15\+10.... just not where the 4th attack is from?

I think Tarro only has 3 shots - 2 for BAB + 1 Rapid Shot, with the first shot doing x2 Manyshot damage. (I did C3PX wrong as well, he should only have 3 shots + the Manyshot)

Am I missing something?
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:02 pm

He has Mythic rapid shot.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:32 pm

navyik wrote:He has Mythic rapid shot.

Gotcha cheers that all makes sense now

study Tarro is making the GM work for it now, adding that +1 from Haste is wrecking my plans

Ac 29 SR21
    Touch 20
    Hp 48/135
    PBAMF
    Haste +1att/+1AC

10+15+3+2+1=31
    Dmg 6d8+6+6=38

18+15+3+2+1=39
    3d8+6=24

5+15+3+2+1=26
    3d8+6=12

7+10+3+2+1=23
    3d8+6=16

With his extra attack (if C3PX hasn't already dropped):

10+15+3+2+1=31
    3d8+6=18

10+15+3+2+1=31
    3d8+6=16 (bypasses DR)

C3PX
    AC 26

C3PX uses his last grit point for Gunslinger's Dodge vs Tarro's first shot

Gunslinger's Dodge (Ex): At 1st level, the gunslinger gains an uncanny knack for getting out of the way of ranged attacks. When a ranged attack is made against the gunslinger, she can spend 1 grit point to move 5 feet as an immediate action; doing so grants the gunslinger a +2 bonus to AC against the triggering attack. This movement is not a 5-foot step, and provokes attacks of opportunity.

C3PX moves 2m (5ft) behind the AEM as cover, as Tarro was planning.

the remaining AEMs get 1 AoO on C3PX
    soft cover adds +4 to his AC
    +2 vs the first attack of Tarro

AC is 32 vs 1st shot, 30 vs all other shots
    if the shot is 26-29 (cover portion) it hits the AEM for 38\50

Tarro lines up his shots, only to watch C3PX demonstrate why he is one of the galaxy's most feared Bounty Hunters.  C3PX ducks behind the wall of AEMs, taunting Tarro as he does, "Even your supposed allies truly support me by providing me cover against your feeble attacks.  These saucer droids recognize my primacy and betray your trust in them"

2nd shot hits for 24 - DR

3rd shot hits an AEM for 12 - AEM is destroyed by Tarro

4th shot misses entirely

5th shot - Hero hits now with +1 from haste Twisted Evil  18- DR

6th shot (good grief) - Mythic hits now with +1 from haste Twisted Evil 16 no DR

The final blast finishes off C3PX.  The assassin droid has been hit repeatedly by Tarro over the last 3 rounds.  He lifts up on one elbow for a final insult, "Biological fool..... you have still lost....."

C3PX crumbles into a pile of burnt parts

Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 C3px_b10

Tarro has used 4\5 Mythic Points for the day and more importantly 2\3 Hero points for the whole level.

SDX is up
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:09 pm

Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Af0ccd7a8174bd798fde63f0006576ffdd39ce6397f0cf6e5d450b4a6ed1e35d

Way to go Tarro! bounce
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:47 pm

Tarro
    Ac 30 SR21
    Touch 20
    Hp 50/135
    PBAMF
    Haste +1att/+1AC
    Divine favor +2 att/dmg

Chris wrote:
    C3PX crumbles into a pile of burnt parts

Tarro has used 4\5 Mythic Points for the day and more importantly 2\3 Hero points for the whole level.

Tarro wouldn't hold back during this kind of showdown.  He viewed this fight as an all or nothing bout to survive in the great hunt.  He doesn't know he should save up for bigger foes...
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:51 pm

SDX
    AC =18
    HP = 92 /92
    SP = 21 (forgot to list this the first time)
    Invisibility, greater (7 rounds remaining)

APE (LRG, 10 ft reach)
    AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 12; (+2 Dex, +3 natural, –1 size)
    HP = 49 (19 +30 for Construct, Large Size)
    SPD = 30
    Melee = 2 slams +3 (1d6+2)
    Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +2
    Base Atk +2; CMB +5; CMD 1
    (8 rounds remaining)

AIR ELEMENTAL, MEDIUM
    AC 19, touch 16, flat-footed 13 (+5 Dex, +1 dodge, +3 natural)
    HP = 50 (30 +20 for Construct size Medium)
    Speed fly 100 ft. (perfect)
    Melee slam +9 (1d6+3)
    Special Attacks whirlwind (DC 14)
    Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 22
    Feats Dodge, Flyby Attack, Improved InitiativeB, Weapon FinesseB
    (10 minutes remaining)

EIDOLON
    Configuration C, AGILE Construct - Spell Summoned:
    BIPED: Size Large; Speed 60 ft/ Fly 60 ft.; AC +2 natural armor; Saves Fort (good), Ref (bad), Will (good); Attack 2 claws (1d4); Ability Scores Str 34, Dex 10, Con 10*, Int 7, Wis 10, Cha 11; Free Evolutions claws, limbs (arms), limbs (legs).
    HD: 8 / Good Saves +6, Bad Save +2 / Armor +8 / Str +4 / Max Attacks = 5
    HP = 128
    Initiative = +20 / Dual initiative = The monster gets two turns each round, one on its initiative count and another on its initiative count – 20.
    FORT = +2
    REF = +2
    WILL = +2
    AC = 27
    BAB = +8
    Attacks = +19 / Claws x4, 1d4+12 +1d6 Acid
    Darkvision, Evasion, Link, Share Spells, Ability Score increase x2, Devotion, Multiattack, Mythic Hit Points
    No Constitution score. Any DCs or other statistics that rely on a Constitution score treat a construct as having a score of 10 (no bonus or penalty).
    Low-light vision.
    Darkvision 60 feet.
    Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, morale effects, patterns, and phantasms).
    Immunity to bleed, disease, death effects, necromancy effects, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, and stunning.
    Cannot heal damage on its own, but often can be repaired via exposure to a certain kind of effect (see the creature's description for details) or through the use of the Craft Construct feat. Constructs can also be healed through spells such as make whole. A construct with the fast healing special quality still benefits from that quality.
    Not subject to ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, energy drain, or nonlethal damage.
    Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects, or is harmless).
    Not at risk of death from massive damage. Immediately destroyed when reduced to 0 hit points or less.
    A construct cannot be raised or resurrected.
    A construct is hard to destroy, and gains bonus hit points based on size, LARGE = 30
    Proficient with its natural weapons only, unless generally humanoid in form, in which case proficient with any weapon mentioned in its entry.
    Proficient with no armor.
    Constructs do not breathe, eat, or sleep.

SDX's last calculation releases the Eidolon into action, meanwhile, his deployed combat frames continue their missions. Priority is now assigned to assuring that the biological corpse carried to the surface by Red Creature is not absconded with...

SDX casts "Slow" centered on S/16. This catch the fleeing droid-fighter, it's passengers, and the two droids closest. It is targeted, and not blanket AoE, so this should affect the apes.

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/slow.html#slow

The "Grappled" Ape-frame at 1/18 uses a full/double move to take his droid and jump off the platform.

The "Grappled" Ape-frame at L/13 is hasted and has 60 ft "halved" move . He does the same - moves directly over the edge of the platform anywhere he can reach where there isnt a threat.  

This "Grappled" rule is (possibly) about to be relevant -
    Move: You can move both yourself and your target up to half your speed. At the end of your movement, you can place your target in any square adjacent to you. If you attempt to place your foe in a hazardous location, such as in a wall of fire or over a pit, the target receives a free attempt to break your grapple with a +4 bonus.

Now, for the record, these ape are not placing droids anywhere, they are simply moving straight off the platform, but I posted the rule because I figured you might decide it counts.

The other 2 Apes remain prone and ready action "stand up" on condition "nearby droids are destroyed or moved away".

The 2 remaining AEM's drop low under the platform, and then "Run" to position themselves underneath Sharn and Tson as platforms to be stood upon. Since their movement rate is 130 feet as a result of the "haste" and run allows them up to x4, thats 520 feet of movement. If they have any left over, when Sharn and Tson get steady on-board they will lift/assist them both back onto the platform.

STR check AEM 1
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +1" :

16 + 1 = 17

STR check AEM 2
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +1" :

12 + 1 = 13

The Eidolon manifests at L/25.
    It has a full round of actions now, and at it's initiative -20.

Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Eidolo10

It flies forward to attack the droid fighter located C/19
    Claws x4, 1d4+12 +1d6 Acid

Claw 1
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +19" :

17 + 19 = 36

dmg if hits
    Result of the throw of dice "1d6 +1d4 +12" :

1 + 1 + 12 = 14

Claw 2

18 + 19 = 37
    dmg if hits

4 + 3 + 12 = 19

Claw 3

8 + 19 = 27
    dmg if hits

6 + 1 + 12 = 19

Claw 4

7 + 19 = 26
    dmg if hits

4 + 2 + 12 = 18

Damn! The Summoner is almost as much work as being the Gm !!!
    MrBrownstone75
    MrBrownstone75

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue15/20Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MrBrownstone75 Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:46 am

Bos Lobo
    AC 17
    62/62 HP
    Good Hope (+2), Bless (+1)

Bos turns around a fires two shots at the CPOX unit located at C-28 to clear the landing for Sharn and T'son.

Attack rolls: 9 and 7
    9+10+3=22
    7+5+3=15

If those shots hit they do 20 and 18 damage.

Sorry guys, in combat Bos is a 1 trick pony. tongue
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:52 am

navyik wrote:
    Tarro wouldn't hold back during this kind of showdown.  He viewed this fight as an all or nothing bout to survive in the great hunt.  He doesn't know he should save up for bigger foes...

Right, if Tarro lost this round, he would be out of the Great Hunt Cool

MrBrownstone75 wrote:
    Bos turns around a fires two shots at the CPOX unit located at C-28 to clear the landing for Sharn and T'son.
    Attack rolls: 9 and 7
    9+10+3=22
    7+5+3=15
    If those shots hit they do 20 and 18 damage.
    Sorry guys, in combat Bos is a 1 trick pony. tongue

The first shot hits, the second one misses.  I am sure Bos has plenty of good abilities Cool

MAS wrote:
    Damn! The Summoner is almost as much work as being the Gm !!!

no fucking shit, geez

Ok, the AEMs fly to their target locations, but they bump into something large, metal and invisible.

whit10 wrote:uh, beneath it
    A cloaked Wrenvenge parked underneath them on Shivak's last turn, but nobody knows it is there

An apparent combat-mecha suit self constructs out of nano-bots and flies towards the droid starfight, it's claw dripping with an industrial solvent.  
    claws 1 and 2 hit, the Eidolon encounters very strong armor, but does seem to do some damage.  claws 3 and 4 miss.

MAS wrote:
    The "Grappled" Ape-frame at 1/18 uses a full/double move to take his droid and jump off the platform.
    The "Grappled" Ape-frame at L/13 is hasted and has 60 ft "halved" move . He does the same - moves directly over the edge of the platform anywhere he can reach where there isnt a threat.  
    This "Grappled" rule is (possibly) about to be relevant -
    Move: You can move both yourself and your target up to half your speed. At the end of your movement, you can place your target in any square adjacent to you. If you attempt to place your foe in a hazardous location, such as in a wall of fire or over a pit, the target receives a free attempt to break your grapple with a +4 bonus.
    Now, for the record, these ape are not placing droids anywhere, they are simply moving straight off the platform, but I posted the rule because I figured you might decide it counts.
    The other 2 Apes remain prone and ready action "stand up" on condition "nearby droids are destroyed or moved away".

Honestly, that is a tough call.  

Part of me reads it that if you use the movement, which doesn't require any kind of attack roll or grapple check as a de-facto attack in that the location itself inflicts harm, then they should get a good chance to break free.

Part of me reads it that the +4 bonus to the escape comes because you are "placing" them and therefore letting go of your grapple when you place them in the fire.

I will go with the 2nd interpretation for today, but I want to think about it as a general rule. For sure, if you let go and place an enemy in a hazardous square, they get a chance to break free.

2 apes carry their droids over the edge to their doom

study SLOW - can you calculate the save DC for me when you cast a spell?  It saves me having to look at your character sheet for all the possible bonuses.  

map is current (I hope)

Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 1_mdg_28

Chris wrote:
    Initiative Order:
    21 - Tarro (higher dex)
    21 - Nano-apes and Nano-AEM and Eidolon
    21 - SDX
    18 - T'son (NPC)
    17 - Shivak

15 - C3PXers
    9 - Sharn
    8 - Skadge  (NPC)  
    4 - Bos
    1 - Eidolon

Shivak is up
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:11 am

ok, am I reading this right? the Eidolon is on the starfighter I was going to target this round? Just need confirmation
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:13 am

whit10 wrote:ok, am I reading this right?  the Eidolon is on the starfighter I was going to target this round?  Just need confirmation

nope, just flying next to it
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:26 am

ah, then it's time to blast this sucker.... drop cloak and fire.

I assume I need to make a Computer roll?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:32 am

whit10 wrote:ah, then it's time to blast this sucker.... drop cloak and fire.

I assume I need to make a Computer roll?  

study see note above, it is actually a Repair roll to transfer power (move action) from cloak to a single weapon

then you can roll your attack (standard) action

you will have no shields of course
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:39 am

oh crap. What does Repair default to? I don't have that skill (didn't have the points)
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:54 am

whit10 wrote:oh crap.  What does Repair default to?  I don't have that skill (didn't have the points)

INT

like everyone else, you can retcon your skill points, especially the bonus Computer\repair\etc points you got. I know I have told you it was Computer Use in the past, so that is my fault.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:59 am

ok, stand-by
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:05 pm

I'll update his skill later, Acro. Bluff and Diplomacy all dropped by one to get a 3 in Repair. All told he has a score of 9 in it now.

Roll(1d20)+9:
    13,+9
    Total:22

that's to transfer power.

let me know if it was successful
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:18 pm

whit10 wrote:I'll update his skill later, Acro. Bluff and Diplomacy all dropped by one to get a 3 in Repair.  All told he has a score of 9 in it now.

Roll(1d20)+9:
    13,+9
    Total:22

that's to transfer power.

let me know if it was successful

Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Mando_14

Those with LOS to the area below T'son and Sharn can see a familiar Mandalorian Gunship materialize (de-cloaked).

SDX wouldn't know the Wrenvenge, but everyone else knows it (at least recently from Kessel)

Shivak transfers power from the cloak ____ wpn system and opens fire on the droid starfighter
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:30 pm

Attack roll:

Roll(1d20)+23:
    12,+23
    Total:35

Assuming that hits:

Roll(6d10)+0:
    10,8,4,5,9,2,+0
    Total:38

Roll(6d10)+0:
    9,3,10,5,4,1,+0
    Total:32

Please tell me if I'm not reading the damage code right. It said 6d10 x2.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:38 pm

whit10 wrote:Attack roll:

Roll(1d20)+23:
    12,+23
    Total:35

Assuming that hits:

Roll(6d10)+0:
    10,8,4,5,9,2,+0
    Total:38

Roll(6d10)+0:
    9,3,10,5,4,1,+0
    Total:32

Please tell me if I'm not reading the damage code right.  It said 6d10 x2.  

Chris wrote:
    you can roll 12d10 if you want, but I think it is just easier to roll 6d10x2 as stated, so 39x2 = 78

The Droid starfighter rocks from the unexpected blast, it appears heavily damaged, but not destroyed.

study I will update C3PXers action in a bit
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:53 pm

I forgot... one use of Heroic Surge for a second attack

Roll(1d20)+23:
    18,+23
    Total:41

Roll(6d10)+0:
    3,1,8,10,9,6,+0
    Total:37

Roll(6d10)+0:
    8,1,1,10,4,9,+0
    Total:33
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:58 pm

whit10 wrote:I forgot... one use of Heroic Surge for a second attack

Roll(1d20)+23:
    18,+23
    Total:41

Roll(6d10)+0:
    3,1,8,10,9,6,+0
    Total:37

Roll(6d10)+0:
    8,1,1,10,4,9,+0
    Total:33

"Wha, that got him!"

The droid starfighter blows up, scattering debris miles below on the lower levels of Coruscant
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:31 pm

Saving Throw Will negates; Spell Resistance yes

DC = 18

I'll include this in the future!
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:38 pm

Chris wrote:
    whit10 wrote:oh crap.  What does Repair default to?  I don't have that skill (didn't have the points)

INT

like everyone else, you can retcon your skill points, especially the bonus Computer\repair\etc points you got.  I know I have told you it was Computer Use in the past, so that is my fault.

When I built Sharn 2.0, I thought background skills were just additional (trained) class skills. Am I to understand we get full ranks in them? If so, I will have to retcon (boost) Sharn's background skills: two knowledge and one starship (repair).

Last edited by Robyo on Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:39 pm

MAS wrote:Saving Throw Will negates; Spell Resistance yes
    DC = 18
    I'll include this in the future!

much appreciated.  I am learning the hard way with Tarro, that there can be lots of modifier that are not easy to spot drunken

4 C3PXers + 1 droid starfighter

:rolls big pile of dice:

3 C3PXers fail
    1 C3PXer + droid starfighter make their saves

1 hops off the back of the starfighter (move only) and is done

1 hops off the back of the starfighter and shoots at Tarro (-2 range)

10 + 7 = 17

miss

the other 2 both fire at Tarro (-2 range, -1 Slow) as their only actions

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +6" :

19 + 6 = 25

miss

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +6" :

15 + 6 = 21

miss

D-29 injured (pink) C3PXer will fire at the Wrenvenge

10 + 7 = 17

but his misses

N-7 injured (pink) C3PXer, having finished off poor old Skadge will move and fire his missile at Tarro (he hadn't used his yet)

Tarro has 3 missiles that can hit him this round, need 3 Reflex saves to avoid

The Droid starfighter with Nomar's body takes off, he looks to be trying to get lost in the mass of traffic around Coruscant.  

Perception checks to see who can follow the movement

Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 1_mdg_29

Chris wrote:
    Initiative Order:
    21 - Tarro (higher dex)
    21 - Nano-apes and Nano-AEM and Eidolon
    21 - SDX
    18 - T'son (NPC)
    17 - Shivak

15 - C3PXers
    9 - Sharn
    8 - Skadge  (NPC)  
    4 - Bos
    1 - Eidolon

Sharn is up
    Bos on Deck
    Eidolon
    Tarro
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:41 pm

Robyo wrote:
    When I built Sharn 2.0, I thought background skills were just additional (trained) class skills. Am I to understand we get full ranks in them? If so, I will have to retcon (boost) Sharn's background skills: two knowledge and one starship (repair).

cheers YES!

Full ranks for 1 background skill like Computer, Repair, Astrogation, Crafting, Profession, etc

2 Full rank background Knowledges

1 bonus Feat - something Starship like Starfighter piloting, Space Transport piloting, Starship Weapons, etc
    (I think we agreed Sharn could have Famous or whatever that was called last time)
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:45 pm

Yeah, it is Fame, but that's a SW feat and I don't know if that matters anymore, since we're no longer using Reknown points? I could switch it with something similar from PF...

Sharn will tie the end of the cable around T'son's waist. Does he appear able to climb back up, or will Sharn need to assist him?
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:04 pm

Robyo wrote:Yeah, it is Fame, but that's a SW feat and I don't know if that matters anymore, since we're no longer using Reknown points? I could switch it with something similar from PF...

Sharn will tie the end of the cable around T'son's waist. Does he appear able to climb back up, or will Sharn need to assist him?

You have AEM saucer craft standing by to assist you both....
    MrBrownstone75
    MrBrownstone75

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue15/20Prologue - Episode 4 - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (15/20)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MrBrownstone75 Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:09 pm

Bos Lobo
    AC 17
    62/62 HP
    Good Hope (+2), Bless (+1)

Bos is going to try and finish this C3PX on the platform nearby at C-28. Maybe then he can go help the others.

2 attack rolls: 5 and 12
    5+10+3=18
    12+5+3=20

If those hit they do 18 and 16 damage.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:42 pm