Robyo
ubertruder
9 posters

OoG during Pirates

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue19/19OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue1/0OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Empty Re: OoG during Pirates

Post  whit10 Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:50 pm

yeah, I had trouble with the DMG as well regarding that.  Glad you got it figured out. I just had to download it, finally
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue68/68OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue0/0OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:50 am

Most of y’all have met this guy. He went to auburn high school and we played d&d together:

https://tinyurl.com/InnkeepPreview
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue60/112OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue0/0OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:05 am

whit10 wrote:yeah, I had trouble with the DMG as well regarding that.  Glad you got it figured out. I just had to download it, finally

I ended up squinting at the picture too, but it did the trick,lol!

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue35/35OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:59 am

navyik wrote:Most of y’all have met this guy. He went to auburn high school and we played d&d together:

Andrew Wright

that name sounds so familiar, I am only getting a fuzzy mental image though. very cool! cheers
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue35/35OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:12 am

navyik wrote:Page 114 of the players handbook has rules for a wizard to spend money copying found spells into a spell book beyond the standard two spells per character level. Do you want to set a GP amount each character has for resources that are not “magic items “?

if you look carefully,  spell scrolls are actually considered magic items themselves Wink

spell scrolls of 2nd and 3rd level are Uncommon Minor items
    spell scrolls of 4th and 5th level are Uncommon Rare items
    etc

the only one I don't see are 1st level spell scrolls, consider those to be Common magic items

here is another table that illustrates that point and will be used as the game goes on, as the home-base town will have these items for sale

OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Scroll10

@Matt
    GOOGLE it Wink
    http://anyflip.com/afgs/bmvo
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:20 am

navyik wrote:

As copied from Chris’s post:

3 major uncommon items (adding Armor +1 to this table)
    1 minor rare item
    3 minor uncommon items
    2 common these are basically just cosmetic items or potions of healing (2d4+2 variety)

sorry that table was hard to read, but I wanted to put everything on 1 silde

here are the tables, enlarged for easier reading

OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Major_10
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Major_11
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Minor_10
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Minor_11
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:22 am

since we are on the topic of magic items, mind the Attunement rules study

Attunement

Some Magic Items require a creature to form a bond with them before their magical properties can be used. This bond is called attunement, and certain items have a prerequisite for it. If the prerequisite is a class, a creature must be a member of that class to attune to the item. (If the class is a Spellcasting class, a monster qualifies if it has Spell Slots and uses that class’s spell list.) If the prerequisite is to be a spellcaster, a creature qualifies if it can cast at least one spell using its traits or features, not using a magic item or the like.

Without becoming attuned to an item that requires attunement, a creature gains only its nonmagical benefits, unless its description states otherwise. For example, a magic Shield that requires attunement provides the benefits of a normal Shield to a creature not attuned to it, but none of its magical properties.

Attuning to an item requires a creature to spend a Short Rest focused on only that item while being in physical contact with it (this can’t be the same short rest used to learn the item’s properties). This focus can take the form of weapon practice (for a weapon), meditation (for a wondrous item), or some other appropriate activity. If the Short Rest is interrupted, the attunement attempt fails. Otherwise, at the end of the Short Rest, the creature gains an intuitive understanding of how to activate any magical properties of the item, including any necessary Command words.

An item can be attuned to only one creature at a time, and a creature can be attuned to no more than three Magic Items at a time. Any attempt to attune to a fourth item fails; the creature must end its attunement to an item first. Additionally, a creature can’t attune to more than one copy of an item. For example, a creature can’t attune to more than one Ring of Protection at a time.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:31 am

whit10 wrote:
    +1 Great Axe:
    +1 Half Plate:
    Magic Items:
    Neckless of Adaptation
    Potion of Superior Healing
    Potion of Stone Giant Strength
    Periapt of Health
    2 potions of Healing

Updated and fixed

since there still seems to be a lot of confusion (sorry again!)  please list your magic items in the format below on your character sheet, so it is easier to track

(a) = attunement required

Major Uncommon (3)
    +1 great axe
    +1 half plate
    Necklass of Adaption (a)

Minor Rare (1)
    Potion of Superior Healing
    Potion of Stone Giant Strength

Minor Uncommon (3)
    Periapt of Health

Common (2)
    2 potions of Healing

navyik wrote:

As copied from Chris’s post:

3 major uncommon items (adding Armor +1 to this table)
    1 minor rare item
    3 minor uncommon items
    2 common these are basically just cosmetic items or potions of healing (2d4+2 variety)

@Josh - you have too many Rare items and not enough Uncommon items, please try again

Last edited by Chris on Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:38 am

@Alan

Major Uncommon (3)
    Sentinel shield
    gauntlets of ogre power (a)
    cloak of protection +1 (a)
    Javelin of Lightning

Minor Rare (1)
    Necklace of Fireballs

Minor Uncommon (3)
    Mithril 1/2 plate
    eyes of minute seeing

Common (2)
    1 potions of Healing
    horn of silent alarm

you have too many major and not enough minor unc
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue60/112OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:30 pm

navyik wrote:Most of y’all have met this guy. He went to auburn high school and we played d&d together:

That's pretty cool! That name sounds super familiar but it may just have been in previous conversation.

Rob and I have discussed throwing up a blog website with character builds, campaign ideas, etc , - its kind of no-brainer to just take our builds/encounters/maps/ideas and publish them. I could admin a site like that easily, and we might be able to grind some minimal ad/affiliate money out of it to be used as a little gaming club fund.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:03 pm

With a little testing we could definitely do a board game online!

"Nearly final" Build with spells and equipment.

OoG during Pirates - Page 14 113[/url]
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 213[/url]
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 313[/url]
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 410[/url]
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 510[/url]
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 610[/url]
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 710[/url]
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue68/68OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:15 am

Chris wrote:@Alan

Major Uncommon (3)
    Sentinel shield
    gauntlets of ogre power (a)
    cloak of protection +1 (a)
    Javelin of Lightning

Minor Rare (1)
    Necklace of Fireballs

Minor Uncommon (3)
    Mithril 1/2 plate
    eyes of minute seeing

Common (2)
    1 potions of Healing
    horn of silent alarm

you have too many major and not enough minor unc

Yes. I did in fact correct that but have not reposted. Once the thread is up I will post the character in its own topic as usual. 😎
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:14 am

navyik wrote:

Yes. I did in fact correct that but have not reposted. Once the thread is up I will post the character in its own topic as usual. 😎

cool, sorry, I was still looking at the original post

@Matt - looks solid so far cheers

drunken WTF is a "Violetken"? I don't believe that is an actual race. Do you mean Vedalken from GGTR?

Can I ask a favor, please? I know the D&D beyond app is great for building characters, but it is really hard for me to read them in that format. When we make the actual game room, can you please post them in text format?

please and thank you!
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:34 am

Chris wrote:
    drunken WTF is a "Violetken"?  I don't believe that is an actual race.  Do you mean Vedalken from GGTR?  

Yes, Its deliberately misspelled in the app due to copyright issues.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:31 pm

gotcha lol!

study my hard copy of ToA just arrived, 250 pgs, super nice book.  lots of player hand outs and such!
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:59 pm

Chris wrote:gotcha lol!
    study my hard copy of ToA just arrived, 250 pgs, super nice book.  lots of player hand outs and such!

It threw me off at first too, but I found several posts from others on gaming forums having the same confusion.

Almost went Gnome, but the Ved advantage on INT,WIS, and CHA saves is,a good way to offset the liability of using WIS and CHA as dump stats. I'm excited about this build, it can tank, snipe, heal, buff/debuff, double prof on thieves tools, lots of detection capability, crafting, and in a another few levels - provide specialized magic items to the party.  With mending cantrip (in a wand), I can maintain my turrets AND heal Alan's warforged.  With "Guidance" cantrip, I can buff every single out-of-combat ability check an extra 1d4. Short of any direct buff/debuff/heal needs, I'll provide ranged fire support on high priority targets. Lot's of options and fun!

Also excited about ToA, Im curious to see this group does against it. Cool that the hard copy is nice/worth the money!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue19/19OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue1/0OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:20 pm

...just keep in mind that the Half-Orc guided missile will be engaging those "high priority targets"

Don't friendly fire me bro. Wink
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:23 pm

MAS wrote:

It threw me off at first too, but I found several posts from others on gaming forums having the same confusion.

Almost went Gnome, but the Ved advantage on INT,WIS, and CHA saves is,a good way to offset the liability of using WIS and CHA as dump stats. I'm excited about this build, it can tank, snipe, heal, buff/debuff, double prof on thieves tools, lots of detection capability, crafting, and in a another few levels - provide specialized magic items to the party.  With mending cantrip (in a wand), I can maintain my turrets AND heal Alan's warforged.  With "Guidance" cantrip, I can buff every single out-of-combat ability check an extra 1d4. Short of any direct buff/debuff/heal needs, I'll provide ranged fire support on high priority targets. Lot's of options and fun!

Also excited about ToA, Im curious to see this group does against it. Cool that the hard copy is nice/worth the money!  

Rock Gnome has all the same SV adv and Int boost, just other different abilities, yes.

FYI - Mending does NOT heal warforged, that is old rules.  WF heal just like everyone else now using Cure Wounds.

It only does what it says in the spell description

Mending
    Cantrip Transmutation

Casting Time: 1 minute
       Range: Touch
       Components: V S M (Two lodestones)
       Duration: Instantaneous
       Classes: Bard, Cleric, Druid, Sorcerer, Wizard
       This spell repairs a single break or tear in an object you touch, such as a broken chain link, two halves of a broken key, a torn cloak, or a leaking wineskin. As long as the break or tear is no larger than 1 foot in any dimension, you mend it, leaving no trace of the former damage.
       This spell can physically repair a magic item or construct, but the spell can’t restore magic to such an object.

Under Turrets - it does say Mending heals 2d6 damage, so that is correct

Warforged are NOT constructs in 5e

OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Wf10
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:08 pm

Ye 'old system bleed coming through onty eh warforged/mending thing, good catch.

The VED and gnome saves are similar but have a key difference.; VED get advantage on ALL INT WIS CHA saves, the gnomes get advantages on INT WIS CHA saves vs magic.

From the Ravnica book =

"Veda/ken Dispassion. You have advantage on all Intelligence,
    Wisdom, and Charisma saving throws."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:18 pm

MAS wrote:Ye 'old system bleed coming through onty eh warforged/mending thing, good catch.

The VED and gnome saves are similar but have a key difference.; VED get advantage on ALL INT WIS CHA saves, the gnomes get advantages on INT WIS CHA saves vs magic.

From the Ravnica book  =

"Veda/ken Dispassion. You have advantage on all Intelligence,
    Wisdom, and Charisma saving throws."

good catch!  gotta sell the new books

Yuan Ti are so over-powered it's just stupid
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:36 pm

Yeah some of the "new" races are more powerful than the core races, the Yuan-Ti purebloods are a good example. Besides the saves, Vedalken don't have much going for them besides the 1d4 booster to certain skills.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:42 pm

I thought all the Eberron races were well balanced. Lots of variety and different abilities, but nothing game-breaking.

Yuan-Ti would be ok with either just resistance to poison, not immunity, and drop the resistance to all magic which nobody else gets. Best other races get is 1 elemental resistance, which YT already have w poison. MR is the old dwarven ability from past lives.

I made a WF wizard in our home game, I love it for caster roles.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:01 pm

The races designed form the start to be PC options are all pretty solid. The Volo's Guide races get wonky fast as they try to stay true to the monster stat block while making it playable. IIRC, they acknowledge that by ranking them in power tiers, leaving their inclusion up to the GM.

I've always loved the idea of warforged, they seem a bit nerfed in 5e though. the "construct" thing must have looked too imbalanced. All those condition immunities!

I never paid too much attention to the Eberron setting but the more I see of the more I like.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:08 pm

Eberron was the setting of the D&D MMO from 10 years back. I really got a good feel for it by playing that. Magic tech + regular fantasy is a nice mix.

We have a game running currently set in Eberron. There was a demon incursion, a ride on the lightning rail train, a train heist by dinosaur-riding bandits and a haywire construct wrecking a town. It reminds me of our old Weird West games that Rob ran with Radiance.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:37 pm

DDO was probably my fav mmo!!! Only recently have i read into EB lore, though, beside what was in-game.

Sounds like a fun "steampunkish" setting for your game! I miss having an IRL game (most recently played with Rob and his group). Looking at getting into a local group after I get settled a bit more.

On that note, Im supposed to start with the census in a few weeks. My buddy who is renting me space is moving, as him and his lady are splitting. He's buying a pretty sweet place in Cedaredge, a little town about half way up the Grand Mesa. I'm gonna rent from him, so Ill have a solid place to get things moving. Regretfully going to have to leave the shed cabin behind, though. Things just didn't come together fast enough to push that any further. I could see myself permanently living a in a "tiny house", i feel really comfortable in a smaller space.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:44 pm

Stealth mechanics were so good in that game. I spent hours upon hours hunting in dungeons like the Water Works with my dwarven ranger.

Good luck with the new job and new place!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:49 pm

a warning about Cedaredge.... it's "meth-tastic" - every case I've had out of that town is pretty screwy.

Just a warning... I'm sure you can handle it.

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:38 pm

@Matt - still just a 2d gaming table, but very cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqf-zysYYuI
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:28 am

Updated Tyn Man 2.0 is a significantly tankier build with more damage output as well.

OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Faa03f10

OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Cdfec710
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 8442a110

OoG during Pirates - Page 14 59a18610
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 6336c510
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 F05c7710
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 B06c0710
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:25 pm

Nice upgrades!

Happy palindrome day

02 02 2020

First one in 900 yrs
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:19 am

Tyn Man’s worst weakness is lack of a magic weapon:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 3f9b3310
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:20 am

Hey guys,

I have been GM'ing through the first level with the family over the last few days.  It is really a fun adventure!

Now that I have seen it in action, I want to ask that we modify the magic items just a bit.

There still seems to be a lot of confusion about minor rare vs minor uncommon.  Nobody has done it correctly yet lol!

@Alan - you have 4 minor uncommon items currently

I suggest we just drop the 1 minor Rare item completely.  That should eliminate all the confusion and remove that table entirely.

My other reason is that the dungeon is at least half traps and puzzles and the rest combat encounters.  2/3 initial characters took Necklace of Fireballs.  I could easily see a scenario where multiple people take an item that gives 1d6+4 fireballs, use them up on combat early on, then die horrible deaths to a trap, make new characters and again take NoF, thereby minimizing more combats, more deaths to trap, more NoFs, etc

So lets just drop the Rare item, if that's ok with everyone?

thanks
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:20 pm

My selection of a lesser item was intentional. And are you trying to tell us we need a rogue. We do have an artificer and my character uses thieves tools and has lucky... let me see if I can boost him...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:29 pm

I think you guys are fine as is. The module is just more puzzle/trap heavy than our usual homebrews, so items like NoF is overkill
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:13 pm

Chris wrote:I think you guys are fine as is.  The module is just more puzzle/trap heavy than our usual homebrews, so items like NoF is overkill

Im down with whatever the group decides. Think we have a pretty solid "thief" capability without a dedicated rogue.

@ Chris = that is a sweet table design, there are some really neat DIY projects out there, with a modest budget and some elbow grease you can really do some neat stuff with commercial tech. I spent some time developing an idea last year for premium, immersive gaming rooms as a business (with a completely portable/mobile capability.) I've got some notes and sketches around somewhere.

If I ever build a dedicated game room or business, Id like to do something like this for the table/tables.
    https://ultimategametable.com/collections/tables-elite-series

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:46 pm

honestly? A dedicated Rogue is the only "dedicated Rogue." The other classes don't get the skill boost that a straight Rogue gets (at 6th level) with Expertise.

But that's no reason why someone can't get lucky with disarming traps I suppose
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:51 pm

whit10 wrote:honestly?  A dedicated Rogue is the only "dedicated Rogue."  The other classes don't get the skill boost that a straight Rogue gets (at 6th level) with Expertise.

But that's no reason why someone can't get lucky with disarming traps I suppose

Ummmm, ok.

1) No said otherwise, and I explicitly said I believe we do not need a dedicated rogue.

2) Artificer gets is double proficiency with tools, so it is exactly the same bonus as Expertise when picking lock, which grants double prof bonus. ,

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:07 pm

fine, whatever.

That power is a bit ridiculous. Only a Rogue should have that sort of Expertise IMHO....

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:16 pm

I can see why an Artificer would specifically have a rogues skill with locksmithing and trap smithing.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:47 pm

maybe they don't get the higher up ability that Rogues get (Reliable Talent)... that would make more sense.

I guess a 6th level power for a Rogue should by no means be exclusive.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:55 pm

whit10 wrote:fine, whatever.

Not trying to be frictional, just unsure why you were arguing against a point that wasn't made.

IMO, Rogue Expertise applies to two skills of choice, so its still arguably quite superior. Artificer only gets double prof bonus to tools, which besides thieves tools, does not do a ton much more practical/mathematical good.

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:20 pm

that is quite true

and I was disagreeing with the proposition that we didn't need a dedicated Rogue. But oh well, it's not like that hasn't happened before, we'll manage
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:47 am

whit10 wrote:that is quite true

and I was disagreeing with the proposition that we didn't need a dedicated Rogue.

Ahhh, I see. Probably "best" to have one, that may be a lesson we learn the hard way...

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:12 am

So do I keep my 4th uncommon item or is it 3 uncommon with the rare just gone?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:20 am

3 uncommon, 0 rare, please

Honestly, Perception/Investigation are the most important, not the tools. If you dont spot it, you cant disarm it. That is the one place a Rogue or Bard would outshine other classes.

Being smart players is always the best trait Wink
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:09 am

A robot ranger with a passive perception of 22 is pretty good for that.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:48 am

navyik wrote:A robot ranger with a passive perception of 22 is pretty good for that.

cheers well done!
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:38 pm

OoG during Pirates - Page 14 0e75c510
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 D1852110
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 947d7510OoG during Pirates - Page 14 49938010
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 Dbc30c10OoG during Pirates - Page 14 44668710
    OoG during Pirates - Page 14 81f8c010
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:00 pm

awesome build, good job Alan!

great choice of spells too - I love Absorb Elements and Healing Spirit is very strong for out of combat

Fiends and Undead cheers for a Tomb built by an Archlich, well crunched, sir
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:05 am

I also have a couple wizard builds and an archer rogue.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content