Whitey
MAS
8 posters

OoG during Pirates

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue35/35OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Empty Re: OoG during Pirates

Post  Chris Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:50 pm

MAS wrote:

Dayum dude you nailed it. The Sequels never even existed. What were we talking about, again?

scratch I think someone mentioned a new forum game...

before they were rudely interrupted
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue60/112OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:07 pm

Chris wrote:
    MAS wrote:

Dayum dude you nailed it. The Sequels never even existed. What were we talking about, again?

scratch I think someone mentioned a new forum game...

before they were rudely interrupted

Lol, I was just pretending like I had forgotten the Sequels even exist., not trying to change topics, sorry if that was unclear.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue35/35OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:34 pm

MAS wrote:
    Lol, I was just pretending like I had forgotten the Sequels even exist., not trying to change topics, sorry if that was unclear.

nah, I got ya. I was just trying to redirect the conversation back to your game after hijacking the thread

The sequels are like Highlander 2 but not quite as bad drunken
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue60/112OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:54 pm

They made a 2nd "highlander" ? Wink 

No worries. Hopefully Folks will filter in - if not we'll run a couple extras. I'm intending to use the fine tuned results for an episodic "techno action military thriller" series of connected "one-shots". And if the simultaneous declarations idea works, we could really get some stuff rolling.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:45 pm

Josef909 wrote:At the risk of sounding like a leftist conspiracy theorist, some chilling information and connections seem to be emerging from the investigations of Jan 6th.  

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/kwewec/the_attack_on_the_capitol_was_coordinated_and/

I don't think most people realize how truly close the yee-hawdists came to dismantling democracy.  Typically, a sentence like that comes at the expense of extreme hyperbole.  In this instance, it couldn't seem more true.

Yeah man, its wild to say things like that with a straight face but here we are. Well past this being hyperbole at this point. 

This was and is, IMO, a coordinated formal coup attempt. The event was left lightly staffed, reconnaissance was conducted onsite with help of collaborators in both CAPOL and elected republican reps prior to event, CAPOL insiders removed barriers and waved them in, Various levels of leadership denied requested reinforcements. At this point, Im wondering what fizzled, because it looked setup for much worse. Something interrupted and stopped the overall operation. My bet is that the devices outside the two HQ buildings were discovered early, or that expected reinforcements or support fell through. 

Lots of traffic suggesting that INFOR is concerned with any further protests/organizing to be compromised/ a honeypot operation, which may help arrest the wider mobilisation phase. Gives me hope that we may see smaller crowds /less open support - but the hardcores seem committed. A lot of this may come down to how complicit LEO and other critical power structures are at State levels and below. The ideology itself is firmly socially embedded and will outlive DJT, just as it predates him. Joint Chiefs issuing public statements in attempt to keep troops in line. 20K National Guard in the capitol. Let that sink in. That is a DIVISION strength deployment. That doesn't include FEDGOV assets from alphabet agencies (DOJ, ICE, FBI, etc). Can guarantee Spec Ops teams are in the mix. The kicker is - how do we know what side any of them may be on? What can they do with the resource access and positioning they have in their role?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:19 am

Agreed!  The news that members of congress and\or their staff personally waived GROUPS! through security AND were giving GROUPS! guided tours on the 5th AND were spotted AND were reported directly to the Sergeant at Arms AND nothing further was done to beef up security is absolutely terrifying.  

Keep in mind, there hasn't been a single tour or group in the Capital building since March of 2020 due to Covid.  This was absolutely a coordinated coup attempt.  I am grateful that we have former-military members of congress that were alert enough and remembered their security briefings from active days - Look for things that are unusual with an eye towards security.   Or as we say in TKD, "stay in Yellow-level Awareness at all times"! Other former-military members of congress have given interviews talking about preparing improvised weapons to use if their secured locations were breached.  

I am optimistic that the investigation, which has already begun, will uncover the network of conspirators.  Just like Trump, anyone involved in conspiracy to commit sedition can be barred from ever holding public office.  Congress can expel its own members and make a finding under the 14th amendment, section 3.  They don't even have to be convicted of an actual crime, though I suspect there will be many, many, many new federal charges coming over the next several months.

I share Matt's curiosity about how this failed....
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:27 pm

"Yellow" mode / situational awareness is an art to be cultivated. Learning to interpret and trust one's instinct, and combine that with proactive observation of environment. Solid gold.

Really hope the Biden DOJ comes down hard, and the Traitor Caucus gets shown the door. A lot of that will be determined by the number and nature of additional instances that occur over the next few weeks. 

Always reassuring to hear others are seeing the same angles. With the level of coordination we are discovering, I find it unlikely that things stalled out because they didn't know what to do once they caught the tire they were chasing. Possibility exists that the attack was a probing action/recon by fire rather than the main effort. Push it to a certain level and gauge results/responses. That's how we used to spend the first week of our 21 day exercises - pushing buttons and watching the reactions before full scale ops begin. 

Academically/Operationally - there is a lot to be learned watching what's going on. Paying close attention to how INFOR and GOVFOR are moving, communicating, etc. 

What I really lament is that I feel this "Fool's Rebellion" will act as a spoiler for future legitimate social movements, making it that much harder to drive change.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:54 pm

I don't attribute a lot of logic and reason to this in general, but there is a logical inconsistency that is sticking in my craw.....

The Rebs were vocally saying that they were looking for Pelosi and Pence to kidnap and kill, respectively.  They had plastic ties for restraints.  They beat an LE to death with pipes and a fire extinguisher.  They had the plan (to stop VP from certifying the election results), they had the recon, they had inside help to get inside the Capital building and they carried out the plan until thwarted.

Trump publicly called on Pence to help him.  Pence publicly refused and began his job of certifying the election.  Trump's followers said they were going to kill Pence (for the betrayal).  

It doesn't make sense to me why Pence hasn't removed Trump for literally trying to have him executed.

Seriously.

The only explanation that I can think of is that Pence was never actually afraid for his life because he was in on the plot to begin with.  He must have trusted that he would just be "captured" in the process.  Think of it like Palps getting captured, on purpose, by General Grevious.  This doesn't make sense tough either, given we know that it was actually Pence that authorized the NG to mobilize after Trump literally wouldn't answer the phone.  

I guess this stops the certification temporarily?  But then what?  I don't see an endgame scenario on Jan 6 that doesn't end with GOVFOR storming the Capital.

For being as well-planned as this was.... it doesn't really make sense to me.
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue86/98OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (86/98)
    Action Points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue11/11OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:34 pm

On first blush, my thoughts are that the red hats were a chaotic cover for a more well organized effort. If the true plan was to capture or kill Pence, Pelosi, and Cheney, that's your #2,3,4 in line of succession. IIRC, then it moves into the President's cabinet. Certainly it would have been "justification" enough to declare martial law, postpone any further transfer of power, and there's your birth of the Trump dictatorship.

By all accounts, CHPD Officer Goodman lured away the crowd (Qanon sweatshirt guy) while the senate doors were still open and had not yet been barricaded and evacuated. One right turn of the mob instead of chasing after a lone black officer wouldve given them the senators.

I am about halfway through this very well researched and thought-out podcast. It does exactly as you would expect from the title, and breaks down how a second civil war here in America is much closer than most of us think possible. Matt has been talking about this for years, and although I listened, I don't think I ever really saw how precariously arranged the country we live in is.

It Could Happen Here on Podbean, check it out! https://www.podbean.com/pa/dir-fbu7q-89d6b
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:32 pm

Chris wrote:I don't attribute a lot of logic and reason to this in general, but there is a logical inconsistency that is sticking in my craw.....

The Rebs were vocally saying that they were looking for Pelosi and Pence to kidnap and kill, respectively.  They had plastic ties for restraints.  They beat an LE to death with pipes and a fire extinguisher.  They had the plan (to stop VP from certifying the election results), they had the recon, they had inside help to get inside the Capital building and they carried out the plan until thwarted.

Trump publicly called on Pence to help him.  Pence publicly refused and began his job of certifying the election.  Trump's followers said they were going to kill Pence (for the betrayal).  

It doesn't make sense to me why Pence hasn't removed Trump for literally trying to have him executed.

Seriously.

The only explanation that I can think of is that Pence was never actually afraid for his life because he was in on the plot to begin with.  He must have trusted that he would just be "captured" in the process.  Think of it like Palps getting captured, on purpose, by General Grevious.  This doesn't make sense tough either, given we know that it was actually Pence that authorized the NG to mobilize after Trump literally wouldn't answer the phone.  

I guess this stops the certification temporarily?  But then what?  I don't see an endgame scenario on Jan 6 that doesn't end with GOVFOR storming the Capital.

For being as well-planned as this was.... it doesn't really make sense to me.

I agree! I believe we'll find direct complicity and planning all the way up to VP and POTUS. They had a "watch party"!? 

Agreed, its very wonky. Suggestive of more than 2 factions at play? Its entirely possible we don't have clear visibility on the players. Im unsure who is Backing trump besides "groundlings" - like actual powerful backers?
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue86/98OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (86/98)
    Action Points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue11/11OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:29 pm

Ethical or not?

Starting a gofundme to develop a web portal that matches "patriots" worried about losing their jobs with companies owned and managed by "patriots" looking to hire.

A job placement marketplace. Would be a shame if that database fell into the hands of the feds.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:46 pm

Josef909 wrote:Ethical or not?

Starting a gofundme to develop a web portal that matches "patriots" worried about losing their jobs with companies owned and managed by "patriots" looking to hire.

A job placement marketplace.  Would be a shame if that database fell into the hands of the feds.

cheers I love it!

I worked as a tech recruiter for about 6 months. If you are unfamiliar with the business, I could give you a brief explanation of how that type of company works, so it looks as legit as possible.

The best part of that job was meeting and chatting with the dozen or so Philippine college kids we had working in our call center. The rest of it sucked balls but paid well. The boss was an asshole too, so I quit.
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:53 pm

There is a 99% chance that I will never consider the idea again, but it would be a good way to earn a nice salary and provide for the greater good, both in terms of jobs placement for those who are misguided, but harmless, and as a self-identifier of those who might need a second look into their background and connections.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:01 pm

given the corporate backlash going on currently, it would probably be successful

I only need a small 5% consulting fee Cool
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:14 pm

Love it. Harder now, but draining money from them is a good way to fight back. 

Have to admit I recently considered going into the conspiracy business. My background would make me credible, and I write decent fiction. Just not prepared to deal with what people would do with it, ha!

That podcast Joe recommended is very very good. Highly seconded.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:28 pm

new topic!

now that Duh Bears are out of the playoffs and keeping Pace\Nagy for another fun-filled campaign, who are you cheering for the make the SB?

CLE is an easy AFC pick for me
    I have no idea who to cheer for in the NFC, NO I suppose?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:56 pm

KC. Best QB in the league and an offense that's fun to watch.

The NFC is just kinda bad, excepting maybe the Packers, who I'm just done hating anymore. They are just better at the whole football thing than the Bears are over the last 35 years. There is no argument (though I'll never root for them... that's going too far)
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:04 pm

I almost have more fun during the playoffs not rooting for anyone, no investment and no disappointment. That being said, the Pack is one of the best run orgs in football, complete opposite of the sloppy & short sighted chicago org. Rodgers plays great football, the SOB. Wont cheer them but enjoy watching them play. I don't pay enough attention to the league in general to have much of an opinion any more.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue19/19OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:21 pm

you should watch the AFC games more often Matt, the football is much better in general.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:31 pm

I guess I just like having one side to cheer for or at least someone to cheer against (like NE or GB).

I also tend to follow either a good story (CLE this year) or a certain style of football. For example, I cheered for TEN last year because I like underdogs, teams that play good defense and a bruising running game. Maybe that is just what I wish the Bears would be like.... scratch
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:35 am

underdogs are fine but I'd be happier with a Bears team that just went out and kicked everyone's ass. But that's just not going to happen anymore

Cleveland had a good run, but they are just not good enough to be Mahomes and company... but that's why they play the games.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:52 am

Agree with you both - Id likely enjoy it more if I watched better teams and still paid enough attention to follow the "story" of the team's/season.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:20 pm

the real question is what the Bears will do going forward. They put a lot into Trubisky (and I'm not going to blame him for everything that happened while he was there). IF they start over again since there are a bunch of good FA QB's this offseason, then what?? Chicago still needs better O line play, they have to fix the defense (which was terrible at getting turnovers this year and at stopping the run). They are also going to most likely lose Alan Robinson.

I hate to say it, but as Terry Boers once said... "the Bears are in screwed city"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:54 pm

'Bisky is a FA so their only options are to use the franchise tag, over pay him to stay or let him go
    they still have Foles

I think Pace and Nagy will feel pressure to win, since Pace is on the last year of his deal and Nagy is likely gone too without a deep playoff run type of season.

I would guess they try for a FA QB and (hopefully) draft for the o-line

they have to hire a new DC, of course, which means the D will likely take a step backwards learning a new system.

Assuming all that doesn't work, then at least the new GM + Coach would get to draft their guy at QB the following year.

but since this is the duh Bears.... they will do the exact opposite. They will trade up in the draft for a rookie QB, wasting future draft stock, not draft for the O-line so he gets mauled when they start him around week 4 after Foles goes 1-3. Someone on D will get hurt, like Mack or Hicks and they all get fired after a 4-12 season.

now the new regime is stuck with 'Bisky 2.0 and no 1st in 2022 Rolling Eyes
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:12 pm

there isn't really a way for them to 'trade up' though... who are they going to trade for the pick? Mack? Hicks?

The best way forward, without mortgaging the team again, is through FA IMO. This is a hard draft year as well given the short season (if any) for many teams. I'm not sure about who is 'highly thought of" for QB's but it's highly unlikely that they can get much at that position in the draft.

Foles sucks... if they put their fate in his hands again, it will end badly.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:42 pm

see thats what has driven me away - its always the same thing!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:24 pm

fair enough, it's what's made much of it more compelling to me the last few years. Yeah, the Bears pretty much suck.. but there are a ton of other teams that are fun to watch.

This is probably my biggest reason for gravitating away from gaming/sci fi and comic stuff. I see too much repetition there; sports has been more interesting IMHO (I do not expect anyone to share this opinion)
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:21 pm

whit10 wrote:fair enough, it's what's made much of it more compelling to me the last few years. Yeah, the Bears pretty much suck.. but there are a ton of other teams that are fun to watch.

This is probably my biggest reason for gravitating away from gaming/sci fi and comic stuff. I see too much repetition there; sports has been more interesting IMHO (I do not expect anyone to share this opinion)

In all fairness, Its been a wonky year and the familiarity of Football was valuable. Ive been watching games with my dad at least, and it provides a level of normalcy, sense of season, etc. Im probably just tired of my team sucking, ha! 

Fair charge against most mainstream Sci Fi fantasy stuff - and Marvel is highly formulaic, if not well done, so gets repetitive easy. 

There's been some groundbreaking fantasy and sci fi this last decade but also a lot of derivative stuff, too. I actually feel pretty good about where things are going in print (which seams to drive film/tv a lot these days), and a lot of that is starting to bubble into mainstream. Im interested to see this one happen, Was a standout series for me when I read it. Solid military fantasy - Its Napoleonic black powder tech with a great magic system and massive, epic battles...and Magic Snipers. 
    https://deadline.com/2021/01/utopia-falls-joseph-mallozzi-adapt-fantasy-novel-powder-mage-as-tv-series-with-no-equal-entertainment-frantic-films-1234673264/?fbclid=IwAR287T2EluXLntvgpoPAucE3OefOn1aulMzHtTXqNniJmSSkE5YnnpwBLrM

It will be interesting to see if Disney can replicate their success with an interwoven Marvel universe, on a Star Wars skin. 

About the only realm of entertainment I think is stalled out right now is video games. Not a lot of new ideas there. Mostly just upgunned versions of well known formulas.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:35 pm

I am actually really thrilled with the quality of original content on streaming services. Not to re-hash previous discussions, but I prefer a long narrative and world-building approach to storytelling over 1 shot movies. But even some of Netflix and Amazon's original movies are as well-made as "blockbusters".

Powder Mage looks cool, I like that time period for tech-magic merger. It is similar to our Weird West games, that I wish we could revisit with 5e or something better than Radiance system.

As for video games, I am probably late to the party here but I have recently played my first Assassin's Creed game and I am very much enjoying that. It is similar to, but much more polished than, Shadow of Mordor and Jedi Fallen Order. That being said, I have enjoyed all 3 of those on PS4.

I haven't played or enjoyed much of anything on PC lately. Both my boys are very into League of Legends. I am hopeful for the new open-world Star Wars game being developed by Ubisoft (AC makers) now that Lucasgames pulled the exclusive license from EA.

I 100% agree with Football bringing a sense of normalcy to the fall. I probably watched more random games this year just for that reason.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:54 pm

Agreed! Netflix and Amazon have really stepped up their game, HBO still cranking good series every now then, now D+ in the mix. O still enjoy "cinema" per se but also, prefer the long form, world building, and deeper character development of series. 

"Powder Mage" is worth the read. Black Powder up to early industrial era has become a much more prominent era in fantasy. Still plenty of more traditional stuff, but lots of more modern time periods being blended with fantasy for interesting effect. Django Wexler "Shadow Campaigns" is another good one, with a "French foreign legion" feel to the first book. https://www.amazon.com/Thousand-Names-Shadow-Campaigns/dp/0451418050. If you want Pirates and such - The Gentleman Bastards series, "The Lies of Locke Lamora" is close, but with an Ocean's 11/crime twist. 

"Deadlands" is a good weird west system, and Savage worlds has lots of material for it. That's a system ive always wanted to try out, actually. Would also be easy to run with this U5 ruleset, I think!

Never tried AC games but they look really dynamic. Been mucking around with ARMA 3 for the last few weeks but Im not gaming too hard right now either. Pretty distracted by current events. Think I saw your brother on FB bragging about one of your boys doing some badass loL stuff not long ago, IRC. 

Rob and I have been playing some card/board games via google meet, and thats been a good time. One game was "Tiny Epic Kingdoms", which is a fast play but decently deep 4x empire builder. We also played "Alien: Bug Hunt" and had a blast. Its nice to game face to face, even over a screen.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:33 pm

Yes, my brother and his partner Randy are the reason Anthony and Evan are into LoL. They have been mentoring them and playing with them for a couple hours usually about twice per week.

The 4 of us play some of the more advanced board games at home like Catan with Seafarers and Knights expansions, Carcasson, a couple others I am forgetting, and of course D&D.

I really miss having Anthony's middle school buddies over on Saturdays for live D&D. THey still play on Discord or Zoom or whatever, but it was fun being the GM for a new generation of nerds Cool
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:20 pm

Chris wrote:Not to re-hash previous discussions, but I prefer a long narrative and world-building approach to storytelling over 1 shot movies.

I agree! Looking forward to watching Mandalorian, now that Matt gave me the files for the first 2 seasons.

Over the last couple years, I've hand-written over 700 pages about a cyberpunk/fantasy world based off of the Ghost street samurai character I played in Chris' game way back when. I haven't even reached the 1/2 way point yet (hoping to reach 1,500 pages before I revise it all), but it's certainly been keeping me busy.

Occasionally I bug Matt with ideas for it, LOL!

Just giving you guys a heads up, if anyone ever wants to be a Beta Reader. And thanks to Chris for helping me get started on it all. Smile
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:01 pm

Gaming online vs in person isnt perfect buts come a long way and is a damn sight better than not gaming! 

Always enjoy imagining things up with Rob - we've been doing that in some form since, what, 3rd grade?!?! 

Think about how long all of this group's imagination's have been collaborating, bouncing off each other, building on various themes and ideas. Games and campaigns with ideas growing from decades of synergy. A custom shared mythology and common pantheon.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:49 pm

Robyo wrote:
    Over the last couple years, I've hand-written over 700 pages about a cyberpunk/fantasy world based off of the Ghost street samurai character I played in Chris' game way back when. I haven't even reached the 1/2 way point yet (hoping to reach 1,500 pages before I revise it all), but it's certainly been keeping me busy.

Just giving you guys a heads up, if anyone ever wants to be a Beta Reader. And thanks to Chris for helping me get started on it all. Smile

really?!?! that's awesome. I would certainly read it

I c\p the entire forum from the coma patient story. Everyone did such amazing character work on that one. Turning that into a novel\film is definitely on my bucket list.

I hope we can get Pirates and your game going here again!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:49 am

ok, I gotta admit, this is pretty damn cool

https://twitter.com/i/status/1351017125444546568

Tom Brady and Drew Brees exchanged pleasantries after the Tampa Bay Buccaneers beat the New Orleans Saints in a divisional round playoff game. It was just a few seconds, but meaningful considering it has been widely reported that Brees will retire.

Much longer after they met on the field, Brady came back to have a more meaningful and private conversation with Brees on the Superdome field.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:07 pm

that was cool.

Still can't believe I have to root for the Packers this weekend.... just can't stand to see Brady in another SB
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:11 pm

GB vs KC would be a good shoot out for a SB!

and a rematch of SB 1, I think
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:42 pm

I'm just glad Mahomes seems to be ok. KC's chances wouldn't be very good without him
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:01 am

Initial thoughts on Mandalorian (*SPOILERS ZONE*):
    ~Lots of great imagery. Especially love the speederbike zooming across panoramic Tatooine. Very Western vibe. The whole series has a distinct Man With No Name/Western feel.
    ~Series doesn't do much to improve the deadliness of stormtroopers. They are even more incompetent than in the films. Like Keystone Cops, a little too over the top.
    ~How come no one uses seatbelts? Is this Star Trek? The Expanse has spoiled me for realistic space flight/battles.
    ~The 2nd season definitely pushed the campiness elements more. At times it felt more Disney than Lucasfilm. Some memorable moments though, like the dragon hunt and the return of Boba Fett.
    ~Lots of cool utilization and usurping of tropes. I like the darksaber and the spear, and of course Grogu is great.

Overall a fun series that almost excuses the travesty Disney made of the sequels. Excited to see what happens in season 3..
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:13 pm

OoG during Pirates - Page 3 Sledge10
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:52 pm

Robyo wrote:Initial thoughts on Mandalorian (*SPOILERS ZONE*):
    ~Lots of great imagery. Especially love the speederbike zooming across panoramic Tatooine. Very Western vibe. The whole series has a distinct Man With No Name/Western feel.
    ~Series doesn't do much to improve the deadliness of stormtroopers. They are even more incompetent than in the films. Like Keystone Cops, a little too over the top.
    ~How come no one uses seatbelts? Is this Star Trek? The Expanse has spoiled me for realistic space flight/battles.
    ~The 2nd season definitely pushed the campiness elements more. At times it felt more Disney than Lucasfilm. Some memorable moments though, like the dragon hunt and the return of Boba Fett.
    ~Lots of cool utilization and usurping of tropes. I like the darksaber and the spear, and of course Grogu is great.

Overall a fun series that almost excuses the travesty Disney made of the sequels. Excited to see what happens in season 3..

Didn't take you long, lol! Its a great start for Disney "TV". 

@ Chris - Id argue thats a form meditation!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:23 pm

Robyo wrote:
    The Expanse has spoiled me for realistic space flight/battles.

Here comes the Juice!

I love that part of the Expanse. I just got caught up on s5 over the weekend. The s5 plot reminds me Heinlein's "Moon is a harsh mistress".
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:32 pm

Robyo wrote:

there are darker implications here. its a bit long, but worth it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKppwACQ-qk
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:00 pm

OMG that existential troopers thing is AMAZING. Its a cross between all the metaphysical conversations I used to have with you guys and all the bullshit arguments/discussions Id have in the field when we were bored in the Army. Crazy.

Expanse: Those little details really stood out when I read the books, like touching helmets to be able to to talk to each other, Belter sign language (again, no sound in space), Belters cant go down the well because of weak bones/ etc. 

Deceleration! Most shows hand wave physics out of the way. 

Y'all know the Expanse started as a "Star Hero" Campaign?
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:46 am

Chris wrote:
    Robyo wrote:

there are darker implications here.  its a bit long, but worth it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKppwACQ-qk

LOL!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:06 pm

anyone recognize this email?

Smoke and Thunder Gaming <noreply@forumotion.com> Unsubscribe

Sat, Jan 30, 11:51 PM (10 hours ago)

to me

Hello,

The account owned by "jericosn87" has been deactivated or newly created, you should check the details of this user (if required) and activate it using the following link:
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:56 pm

nope
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:03 pm

Chris wrote:anyone recognize this email?

Smoke and Thunder Gaming <noreply@forumotion.com> Unsubscribe

Sat, Jan 30, 11:51 PM (10 hours ago)

to me

Hello,

The account owned by "jericosn87" has been deactivated or newly created, you should check the details of this user (if required) and activate it using the following link:

I dont know of anyone expected to be along. Nuke it.

Down a stock market rabbit hole today...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:56 pm

maybe it was deactivated, because I don't see it in the User group list
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:39 am

just an FYI for everyone in CO

this is from one of the Admins in the public defender system

Good Morning All,

I’ve come across a site that compiles data from most of the retail pharmacies in the state that are offering the Covid-19 vaccine. It could be helpful for those of us who have been searching for an appointment.

Have a great day.

https://vaccine-finder.nickm.org/

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content