MAS
8 posters

OoG during Pirates

MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue60/112OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0/0OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Empty Re: OoG during Pirates

Post  MAS Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:40 pm

MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue60/112OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0/0OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:25 am

@All: As of now, I've got instructor obligations with veteran's and women's fishing groups WI 13-17 June, and my mom is having her tumor removed on the 18th in Madison. Dad and I will be staying in a hotel up in Madison for 5-10 days while she recovers at the hospital, then bring her back and get her settled for another 2 months of home recovery. 

I'll be largely unavailable within that June 13- July 4th weekend time frame, But should be able to settle back in to gaming after that. 

For those waiting for the JOE game to start, Im pushing it back until July so we can roll into it without me needing to step away. 

Renda can be played by anyone or sent back to the ship during that time frame should his turn come up.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue35/35OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:52 pm

sounds good, thanks for the update, Matt. Keep us posted on your mom's recovery, when you get time. Have fun fishing!
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:35 am

Chris wrote:sounds good, thanks for the update, Matt.  Keep us posted on your mom's recovery, when you get time.  Have fun fishing!

Thanks brother, hope things are well out your way
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue35/35OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:51 pm

just to refresh the conversation.....

Alan has had some work issues come up and cannot run the next chapter of Pirates. I know we are wrapping up soon with Mike's chapter.

I have heard a couple calls for Star Wars. I would love to run some Star Wars on the forum again, using 5e rules converted. If there is interest, I can explain further, but everything is basically just re-skinned (think Minecraft) with no change in function for smooth play.

The main question I have for planning purposes is what era interests folks the most?

Old Republic - Jedi vs Sith
    Galactic Republic - Pubs vs Seps, Clone Wars\ prequels
    Rebellion - Rebs vs Imps, classic trilogy
    *New Republic - Mando show
    First Order\Resistance - sequel trilogy
    post sequel trilogy (no source material)

* this is one of the few eras that is not dominated by 2 factions

alternately, I can run more Pirates too. either way is cool
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue19/19OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1/0OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:25 pm

I'm good with either. Had a change of heart this weekend about gaming... to a degree at least.

Although, just to say it, we may want to have a brief conversation about party size, since that's what seems to be slowing things down a bit (IMO anyway).

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue19/19OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1/0OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:15 pm

Ok, I've actually changed my mind on this... with some help from others.

I will run the next chapter of Pirates if folks are willing to play. I already did a bunch of work last year on this, so I guess its better to use it than not.

Will pick up when Mike is finished.

Still want to play SW!! Smile
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:17 pm

YAR!

I am cool with that too
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:35 pm

Hey Brothers -

Surgery went smooth and we have mom home and recovering. Things went as well as they could have, amazing they can gut you like a fish and have you home and walking in days.

Transmission broke on the van last week and its still up in the shop 3 hours away, gotta go back for it next week. The only bright side of that is that I had the money to fix it, as the VA came through on my residual head injury claim finally! Bumped to 90% overall means a lot of the pressure is off, whew!

We'll kick JOE back off on Monday, July 5th, with info being posted in the leadup.

This will be my primary gaming effort for a while, though Id entertain playing something else parallel, I want to save bandwidth for the forum gaming app development efforts. Mando and Clone Wars/Bad Batch have soothed my discomfort with playing Star Wars as a setting, so Id be down with discussing that - New Republic or Clone wars era would be dope, and Ive done next to no exploration of the Old Republic, so thatd be potentially interesting too.

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:50 pm

Chris and I are working through a test of combat for SW with 5E rules. That will start sometime soon after I get an additional character generated.

Glad your mom is doing well and that you got your money bro!
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:30 pm

whit10 wrote:Chris and I are working through a test of combat for SW with 5E rules. That will start sometime soon after I get an additional character generated.

Glad your mom is doing well and that you got your money bro!

Thanks man, Its a relief that everything went well.

Saw the SW thread, should go smooth, plenty of space fantasy rule set material for 5e to cherry pick.

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:57 pm

We're going with straight 5E rules with just a few adjustments to keep it from getting overly ponderous. I just made a BH last night with the Ranger template, it should work just fine
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:48 pm

That is double good news about your Mom and your VA status!! cheers

I am trying to keep u5e SW as light as possible, but of course more gets thought of every day drunken

I think its better to have time to work it all out and then present 1 clean list of modifications. Otherwise it feels like a moving target for players.

I am really excited to see Josh take the GM wheel again! I enjoyed the old World of Darkness games in WWI setting.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:46 pm

all good stuff!

As far as what I ultimately get involved with besides my game and the project, We'll see how everything lines up in the next few weeks.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:52 am

MAS wrote:
    all good stuff!

As far as what I ultimately get involved with besides my game and the project, We'll see how everything lines up in the next few weeks.

fair enough.

I think splitting this large group up may be a good idea to keep the pace quicker and let everyone enjoy a more tailored forum gaming experience.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:55 pm

Chris wrote:
    MAS wrote:
    all good stuff!

fair enough.

I think splitting this large group up may be a good idea to keep the pace quicker and let everyone enjoy a more tailored forum gaming experience.

Agreed, Im confident we can figure out an approach that works for everyone
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue30/30OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:34 am

Hey Guys, any objections to me wrapping up my chapter of Priates narratively? You're in the mop up phase of combat now and I know Josh is eager to get going on his chapter...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:43 am

no objections here, please go for it!

Thanks again for a great chapter, Mr. GM. I know it took longer than anticipated, but I appreciate all the effort you put into the story and the patience with us salty players.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:00 pm

what Chris said.....
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:08 pm

Some great content on your first forum run, GM! Maps, storytelling, and encounter design were on point.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue68/68OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:32 am

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:07 pm

just to make this offer as well; if, for some reason, you are unhappy with your current character, you are welcome to change it at this point.

Just wanted to make this offer.... you will be w/o the services of a Rogue for my chapter it appears
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:37 pm

I wanted to bring something to the groups' attention. I'm in a gaming group out here and the GM sent this around the other day. Looking through it, I have no objections to using these options as they are pretty straight forward and easy to use.

If you get a chance, look through this and let me know if you would like to use these options

... but now that I'm trying to upload this PDF, I can't for the life of me remember how to do so...
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue68/68OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:44 pm

Supreme Court ruled 4-2 in my favor to overturn summary judgment and send my civil suit to trial. Here we go!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:50 am

good luck man!!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:19 pm

navyik wrote:Supreme Court ruled 4-2 in my favor to overturn summary judgment and send my civil suit to trial. Here we go!

bounce hell yes!!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:51 am

Thinking of you, Alan  

OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Muppet10
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:11 pm

🤣
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:48 pm

Hey guys,

I just wanted to let everyone know that my youngest, Evan 10, just tested positive with Covid today. He had flu-like symptoms yesterday with muscle aches, fatigue, etc. We got him tested and got the results today. It was the PCR test, which is more accurate than the rapid tests. He feels much better today, maybe just a slight cold.

Jamie, Anthony 13 and I have been fully vaccinated for months and have no symptoms.

Most likely culprit was a visit to the dentist and orthodontist on Tuesday. Go figure drunken

I will let you know if anything changes, but as of now, we are not worried about him or the situation.
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:40 am

🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Glad he’s not suffering much. Gretchen had it last year. Only a couple of miserable days with a lot of cabin fever. The rest didn’t get it but I’m pretty sure Addie and I both had it right before it was on the radar in Illinois winter of 2019-2020.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:01 pm

Thanks, that's encouraging to hear. bounce
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:21 pm

Chris wrote:Hey guys,

I just wanted to let everyone know that my youngest, Evan 10, just tested positive with Covid today.  He had flu-like symptoms yesterday with muscle aches, fatigue, etc.  We got him tested and got the results today.  It was the PCR test, which is more accurate than the rapid tests.  He feels much better today, maybe just a slight cold.

Jamie, Anthony 13 and I have been fully vaccinated for months and have no symptoms.  

Most likely culprit was a visit to the dentist and orthodontist on Tuesday.  Go figure drunken  

I will let you know if anything changes, but as of now, we are not worried about him or the situation.

Hopes for an easy fight and speedy recovery.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:54 pm

just a quick update...

Evan is doing really well. He lost his sense of taste over the weekend, but says that is at least 50% back. He barely seems sick at all today, just a little sore throat.

Jamie and I got tested on Monday. She is negative, but I came back positive for Covid today. We are both fine, no symptoms at this point.

Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers, they are appreciated!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:16 pm

Glad to hear it!!!

But, just to be me..... are thoughts and curses just as good as prayers? Twisted Evil
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:07 pm

Oh geez! I pray this is just a respite full of junk food, naps, and video games with a few aches and pains. At least the two sickies can hang out together?
    Josef909
    Josef909

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue86/98OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (86/98)
    Action Points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue11/11OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/11)
    Character Sheet:

Post  Josef909 Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:55 pm

I cast Cure Disease on the Carbone contingent.

Nat20
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:40 am

Josef909 wrote:I cast Cure Disease on the Carbone contingent.

Nat20

Seriously Joe? Have you considered the potential side affects of that spell? Studies done by the village pillow merchant show that lighting a flask of oil and drinking the flames is both safer and more effective. Come on sheeple! (Humanoid sheep race that gets +2 to constitution and-2 to wisdom, though many argue against the con bonus because sheeple don’t appreciate The Constitution).
    Whitey
    Whitey

Character Information
    Hit points:
    OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue30/30OoG during Pirates - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Whitey Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:36 am

navyik wrote:
    Josef909 wrote:I cast Cure Disease on the Carbone contingent.

Nat20

Seriously Joe?  Have you considered the potential side affects of that spell?  Studies done by the village pillow merchant show that lighting a flask of oil and drinking the flames is both safer and more effective. Come on sheeple! (Humanoid sheep race that gets +2 to constitution and-2 to wisdom, though many argue against the con bonus because sheeple don’t appreciate The Constitution).

The Plow Merchant!? Really Alan? Everyone knows that dude is getting kickbacks from Big Flask. Follow the coin bro, follow the coin.

You want a real cure, ask the blacksmith. He told me his wife's cousin beat it by drinking lye and then lying in the sun naked for three days. Apparently none of the buzzards that consumed his corpse caught COVID. Some of the crows looked a little woozy though.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:46 am

oh c'mon... we all know the best cure for any disease is a hammer whack to the head. Death cures all diseases. Wink
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:08 pm

whit10 wrote:oh c'mon... we all know the best cure for any disease is a hammer whack to the head.  Death cures all diseases.  Wink

Now look who’s sold out to Big Hammer!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:47 am

lol!

that's amazing, thanks guys!

We are both fine. Evan ends his isolation today and I am done tomorrow. Back to school for the boys!
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:40 am

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:19 pm

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:16 pm

Josh sent me this, looks really solid and about on par with U5 in terms of complexity, depth of conversion and balance

https://sw5e.com/
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:08 am

see above (can't remember how to do the quote thing) - I would really like to play this!
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:50 pm

Looks good. Wish it had “ladder” too, but there are lots of options!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:57 pm

"Ladder"??
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:54 pm

It’s a parallel character advancement in U5 that is independent of class. It allows for mix and match. But really, there are so many options in SW5e that I probably won’t miss it.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:40 pm

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:14 am

Anyone interested in gaming again?

It's been about 7 months since we last threw dice together and I really miss the interaction with you all.

I would suggest a new game (not pirates) and shorter DM chapters with more rotation so as to avoid the year-long stories that cause burnout.

anyone.... anyone.... Bueller.....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content