MAS
navyik
6 posters

The grass is always Greenest....

Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The grass is always Greenest.... Left_bar_bleue35/35The grass is always Greenest.... Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    The grass is always Greenest.... Left_bar_bleue0/0The grass is always Greenest.... Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

The grass is always Greenest.... Empty The grass is always Greenest....

Post  Chris Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:00 pm

For the past several days, you have been traveling by wagon on a road that winds lazily across the rolling grasslands of the Greenfields.

The grass is always Greenest.... Green_10

Your destination is the village of Greenest which was founded by a halfling named Dharva Scatterheart, a rogue who fancied herself the "Queen of the Greenfields."  Scatterheart passed away without ever achieving that level of eminence, but her town grew into a thriving community.  Trade caravans that pass through Greenest bring gold to the town's merchants and craftsfolk.  

The grass is always Greenest.... Greene10

Governor Nightill, a 60 year old human male, runs the town at the behest of its inhabitants.  

The grass is always Greenest.... Nighth10

@ Moon

jasongiglio wrote:
    Orphaned as a child, abandoned to a monastery of monks tucked away in the mountains. They are a sect of warrior monks that protect the towns around the foothills as part of their mission.

Greenest is one of the towns around the foothills that your sect protects.  Moon knows a wandering monk named Leosin Erlanthar.  Leosin once saved Moon's life from a band of Gnolls.  He sent Moon an urgent message to meet him in Greenest.  Perhaps it is time to repay that debt?

Leosin
    The grass is always Greenest.... Leosin10

@Stonewall

Robyo wrote:
    Clyde grew up in the great dwarven halls of Thorinhold, far below the icy peak of Mount Torggon, near the roof of the world. He has long been a devoted disciple of Helm, and aims to serve the god of Protection as an adventuring priest.

Castellan Escobert the Red is a dwarven warrior with knotted, tangled, bright red hair.  As master of the Keep in Greenest, he is in charge of its defenses.  Castellan sent word to Clan Ungartheim in Thorinhold requesting a Cleric of Helm to bolster the defenses of Greenest.   Clyde wonders what he fears?

Castellan
    The grass is always Greenest.... Castel10

Please introduce yourselves to each other.  You have had a couple days together in the wagons.  Once you have roleplayed your initial meeting, I will advance the story.  I want everyone to make at least 1 post (more are better) during this social scene.

Last edited by Chris on Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The grass is always Greenest.... Left_bar_bleue0/0The grass is always Greenest.... Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

The grass is always Greenest.... Empty Re: The grass is always Greenest....

Post  Robyo Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:06 am

Clyde sits in the back of the wagon. He alternates sitting silently and taking in the pastoral sights, praying to Helm, or conversing with his companions. A mighty warhammer rests at his side.

The dwarven cleric nods to the others. "I am going to aid in the defense of Greenest. The town is under mortal threat."

He scans the horizon for any danger. (Relying on his 1st level dude experience,) Clyde is certain a dragon has not been seen in this region in many years.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The grass is always Greenest.... Left_bar_bleue35/35The grass is always Greenest.... Empty_bar_bleue  (35/35)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:13 am

MAS wrote:Quain

Born on the 13th day of the 13th month, the 13th daughter of a mid-level Elven bureaucrat, Quain was sold to the Imperial Coven at the age of 13 for the price of 13 coppers, for 13 years of training, in accordance with the old Fey protocols, and with much delight to the well-honored Bureaucrat's family. Having earned the title of "Witch" - she was then sold to the 13th Independant Marine Regiment, for a price of 130 platinum, for 130 years of service, in accordance with the old fey protocols, and with much delight to the 13th Regiment. She served her regiment well, and having earned 1300 years of liberty, has set out upon her own business, a free Witch for hire.

@Quain

Every 13 nights, you have strange and apocalyptic dreams... the world is destroyed by choking fumes, cold blizzards, waves of acid, lightning storms and horrible fires. Each time, the dream ends with 10 evil eyes glaring at you from the darkness. You recognize the village of Greenest in your dreams. Perhaps a clue to the riddle of your dreams awaits you there?
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The grass is always Greenest.... Left_bar_bleue60/112The grass is always Greenest.... Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:38 am

"Damn my luck and curse all prophecy. Enough of these dreams." Quain packs her travelling kit and makes her way to Greenest...
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:57 am

MAS wrote:"Damn my luck and curse all prophecy. Enough of these dreams." Quain packs her travelling kit and makes her way to Greenest...

Quain is in the wagons with Clyde, Gorlug and Moon.
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The grass is always Greenest.... Left_bar_bleue60/112The grass is always Greenest.... Empty_bar_bleue  (60/112)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:53 am

Sitting clam, nearly motionless, with impeccable posture, Quain alternates between watching the terrain pas by and considering her fellow passengers. Eventually, she breaks the silence.

"I am told the apiaries of Greenest produce some of the finest mead to be found. Any among you call this place home?"
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:49 pm

Clyde replies to Quain: "Nay, elf maiden. I hail from the great city of Thorinhold, a bastion of mountain dwarves far to the north of here."

He extends his hand. "Well met, elf maiden. I am Clyde of Clan Ungartheim. You can call me Stonewall. You appear to be a well-read elf, but have you opened your heart to the divine protections provided by our Shieldmaster Helm?"
    jasongiglio
    jasongiglio

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The grass is always Greenest.... Left_bar_bleue7/9The grass is always Greenest.... Empty_bar_bleue  (7/9)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  jasongiglio Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:15 pm

Moon watches the exchange from his position, unnoticed a few feet away. His eyes closed in meditation. He speaks as as he slowly opens his silver eye first followed by the other. He turns his head and laughs,, “You will surely find your ale soon enough in the Queen’s Greenfields! Relax for now enjoy the moment.” He effortlessly thrusts his hand out in greeting to his companions. “Name’s Moon, what brings you folks this way?”

Last edited by jasongiglio on Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:52 pm

Quian responds in a perfectly polite and professional tone.

"Well met, Master stonewall of Clan Ungartheim. Your people are renowned for their faith and masonry alike. Your kindness is appreciated, but Witches of the Imperial Coven recognize no master once freed, not even the gods. I thank you for your blessing and the good you intend.

Turning her head quickly.

"Master Moon...you are well met as well."

I am the free Witch Quain, and am about my own business, though I welcome any news you may have of the surrounds."
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:48 am

"I do not imbibe in mead or ale, or any of the brewed toxins. They dull the senses, and are unhelpful in protecting Helm's chosen. It is good to be acquainted with ye, Quian and Moon. I am grateful for your companionship on this bumpy ride, in this foreign land."
    jasongiglio
    jasongiglio

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The grass is always Greenest.... Left_bar_bleue7/9The grass is always Greenest.... Empty_bar_bleue  (7/9)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  jasongiglio Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:51 pm

Appreciatively, Moon returns the good gestures with an additional nod. He continues, “but what brings a priest of the Helm and free Witch to these quaint lands?” He continues, “we of the Way up I the mountain behind us are protectors of the Greenest. A favor has been called of me that puts me on this very caravan. So you’ll forgive me if I press a bit.?”
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:02 am

"My own business." Quain repeats, noting to herself the concentration of strange personalities travelling in the wagon. The same old patterns, prophecy and fate drawing power together to oppose one another. Something is afoot in Greenest, by the presence of fated adventurers alone.

She fixes her gaze on the Barbarian, expectantly expecting an introduction...

"I am intrigued to explore this charming town."
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:19 pm

DM NOTE:  Alan can just jump in whenever he rolls up a character,  Jason has been waiting long enough to get going....

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Sundown is approaching when you top a rise and see the town of Greenest just a few short miles away.  But instead of the pleasant, welcoming town you expected, you see columns of black smoke rising from burning buildings, running figures that are little more than dots at this distance, and a dark winged shape wheeling low over the Keep that rises above the center of the town.  Greenest is being attacked by a dragon!

The grass is always Greenest.... Greene11

DM:  Since the caravan is on top of a rise, you can see the layout of Greenest.  The sun is setting and there is a lot of smoke, but you can see well enough to note the major roads, the stream to the south and the Keep near the center of town.

The grass is always Greenest.... Greene12

The wagons are approaching from the East of the map.  

The caravan drivers are definitely scared of the dragon.  They want no part of going forward and are discussing whether to hide and wait or turn and flee.

What do your characters do?
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:52 am

FYI - Rob is pretty busy right now, I'll let him tell you all why. No spoilers, but its good!

Quain cant help but contain a grin of exasperation and barely perceptible eye roll. "damn my luck."

"driver!" shouts Quain "A fair share of that beast's horde to you if you get me in Arrow range!"

She looks to the other adventurer's in the wagon -

"Destiney is upon us all! " she declares, eyes wild with adrenaline.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:21 pm

MAS wrote:

Quain cant help but contain a grin of exasperation and barely perceptible eye roll. "damn my luck."

"driver!" shouts Quain "A fair share of that beast's horde to you if you get me in Arrow range!"

The grass is always Greenest.... Driver11

the driver looks back at Quain with a wry smile, "What goods a reward, if you ain't around to use it?  Besides, attacking that dragon isn't my idea of courage.  It's more like... suicide."  

He gestures to the side of the road with a fat thumb, "Ya'll can get out here, if you plan to go any closer."
    jasongiglio
    jasongiglio

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  jasongiglio Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:33 pm

“Alright then!”, says Moon. With one decisive movement grabs his staff and pack, then hops off the wagon. He looks at his companions and says with a smile, “well, what are you waiting for? We’ve got work to do! There’s good folk down there, they’ll need our help.”
    jasongiglio
    jasongiglio

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  jasongiglio Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:36 pm

Moon then looks to the driver, “thanks the ride, what’s the quickest route down to town?”
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:19 am

jasongiglio wrote:Moon then looks to the driver, “thanks the ride, what’s the quickest route down to town?”

The grass is always Greenest.... Driver11

The driver eyes Moon, Quain and Stonewall "The quickest route is just to follow this road.  It will take you right into the center of town and the Keep.  But there ain't much in the way of cover on the road.   I enjoy fishing in the stream just south of town.  There are tall reeds and bushes between the stream and town, if you wanna be all sneaky-like."

He tips his hat, "Good luck, you're gonna need it"
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The grass is always Greenest.... Left_bar_bleue68/68The grass is always Greenest.... Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:57 am

Gorlug Burguk steps out of the wagon. “I recommend a frontal assault,” his voice like wet gravel in a steel drum. He begins to move as if marching down the road.
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:48 am

Clyde disembarks and follows Gorlug Burguk down the road, heading towards town.

"I have a bad feeling about this," he mutters. "Helm protect us!"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:29 am

navyik wrote:Gorlug Burguk steps out of the wagon. “I recommend a frontal assault,” his voice like wet gravel in a steel drum. He begins to move as if marching down the road.

perfect cheers

welcome aboard!

@Gurlug (since I removed his hook when Brett stepped out)

The grass is always Greenest.... Onthar11

A fellow crusader and champion of good, Ontharr Frume, is an old friend and something of a mentor to Gurlug. Last Gurlug heard, he was investigating some cult activity in Greenest, when he suddenly went silent. Can Gurlug find his friend?
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:00 am

"The mark of cowardice is upon your destiny, teamster." states Quain in a cold manner as departs the wagon in a perfectly composed manner. She hurries along towards the town, dragon, and her fate.

"I will begin firing as soon as I am within range, use the distraction to advance!"

Quain intends to open up with a Fire bolt cantrip as soon as she is in range.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:28 am

MAS wrote:
    "I will begin firing as soon as I am within range, use the distraction to advance!"

Quain intends to open up with a Fire bolt cantrip as soon as she is in range.

Chris wrote:
    Sundown is approaching when you top a rise and see the town of Greenest just a few short miles away.

as soon as she is within range of.... the dragon?   (range = 120ft on firebolt)  currently about 15,000 feet away, give or take a few thousand feet

or is she looking for any target?  

Quain estimates the sun will have fully set by the time you reach Greenest
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:32 pm

well that is certainly farther than I imagined, the intent is to move quickly to Greenest, and yes, if the dragon comes in range - POP!

But otherwise, she move with the others.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:18 pm

Moon, Quain and Stonewall make their way down the road towards Greenest.  As the sun sets, the last rays catch the rising smoke from the village.  The sky is burning in reds and oranges.  It might be beautiful under different circumstances.

The grass is always Greenest.... Burnin11

@ Titus

Titus was nearly to Greenest.  He had heard rumors that Dharva Scatterheart, a rogue who fancied herself the "Queen of the Greenfields" had passed away leaving her life's fortune buried somewhere in the village of Greenest.  Upon his arrival, it appears that he is not alone in seeking Dharva's treasure.  The village of Greenest is under siege by thugs, kobalds and they have air support from no less than a DRAGON!

(see above)

Titus sees 3 adventurers making haste towards Greenest - a monk, a witch and dwarven priest by their appearance.  

Quain, Moon and Stonewall see  a warrior in a breastplate holding both a sword and a warhammer like he knows how to use them (please describe yourself and post a picture!) near the eastern outskirts of Greenest.  He does not appear to be with the raiders, but rather watching the chaos.  All 3 also notice that the dragon is not alone in his attack on Greenest.  They can see thugs and kobalds raiding the village.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The grass is always Greenest.... Left_bar_bleue19/19The grass is always Greenest.... Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    The grass is always Greenest.... Left_bar_bleue1/0The grass is always Greenest.... Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:07 pm

Titus only vaguely acknowledges anyone else. He's far more intent on killing the raiders. "That's my loot you thieving bastards!"

Crossbow is out and loaded actually, warhammer and sword are at his sides.

The grass is always Greenest.... 870c2711
    jasongiglio
    jasongiglio

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  jasongiglio Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:23 pm

Moon yells out, “Ho warrior! Join us help the fine folks below! You know the town?”
    jasongiglio
    jasongiglio

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  jasongiglio Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:24 pm

Moon pulls out his staff and smiles Smile
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:17 am

Quain stands silently to Moon's side, ready to blast this guy, who has made no friendly intentions and is acting like the looters/raiders we are expecting to encounter...but she'll give him the benefit of the doubt while this local monk attempts contact.
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The grass is always Greenest.... Left_bar_bleue19/19The grass is always Greenest.... Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    The grass is always Greenest.... Left_bar_bleue1/0The grass is always Greenest.... Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:45 am

Titus watches the group approach and continues to look more at the village, attempting to find a good spot with cover or a way in with the fewest enemies.

"you lot have the look of hardy souls... come to save this place have you?"
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:49 pm

whit10 wrote:Titus watches the group approach and continues to look more at the village, attempting to find a good spot with cover or a way in with the fewest enemies.

the map is posted above, you guys are all off map to the East or right of the map. there are 3 roads entering town or the stream along the south which appears to be thick with bushes.

after you all finish chatting let me know which path you want to take of those 4 or something else
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:39 pm

whit10 wrote:"you lot have the look of hardy souls... come to save this place have you?"

"Yes. And you...?" she answers warily.

That bushy approach along the stream seems a sound possibility.

navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    The grass is always Greenest.... Left_bar_bleue68/68The grass is always Greenest.... Empty_bar_bleue  (68/68)
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:48 pm

Where’s Gorlug?
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:17 pm

navyik wrote:Where’s Gorlug?

drunken lost in the shuffle

Gorlug is with Moon, Quain and Clyde. In fact, they followed him, if I recall.
    jasongiglio
    jasongiglio

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  jasongiglio Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:30 pm

Moon looks at the warrior, extends a hand in greeting, “indeed, we come to help the townsfolk expel these raiders. Name’s Moon. Join us?” He points toward the road on the bottom of map. “This seems a safe enough route to get in unnoticed”. “What do you all think?

whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:10 pm

"you'll forgive me if I don't shake hands" Titus quips with a slight smile. "I've been looking at this route for a moment, it should be clear, hopefully... and no, I'm not with these brigands" (he glances at the Elf)
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:47 am

"It's the keep where I'm going," says Stonewall dryly. "To fight that beast!" His warhammer rests on his shoulder, his shield is in hand. Clyde studies the townscape ahead for a moment. "If it's stealth we're after, we could try entering town along the riverbank. It looks well-covered by the woods."
    MAS
    MAS
    Admin

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  MAS Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:49 pm

"Agreed, the river bank is our least intrusive option."
    jasongiglio
    jasongiglio

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  jasongiglio Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:51 pm

“Well it’s decided. To the river. Of course, rivers come with their own hazards, so let’s be wary.”
    jasongiglio
    jasongiglio

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  jasongiglio Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:56 pm

@chris

Dies Moon know what part of town he is to meet Leosin?
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:08 pm

jasongiglio wrote:“Well it’s decided. To the river. Of course, rivers come with their own hazards, so let’s be wary.”

agreed
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:58 pm

jasongiglio wrote:@chris

Dies Moon know what part of town he is to meet Leosin?

no, but its a fairly small town in terms on possible inns that he could have been staying before the attack.

OK!  to the river bank....

@ everyobe

please make a stealth check to proceed to the keep, via the river, without attracting attention.

use a virtual dice roller and copy\paste your results here

please format it something like this:

(character name) stealth +4

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +4" :

3 + 4 = 7
    navyik
    navyik

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  navyik Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:16 pm

Gorlug

Marching at rear guard in stealth situations.

Stealth +0 at disadvantage
    Rolling "1d20" 2 times

1: 5
    2: 3

Splash splash splash
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:04 pm

Titus' stealth check

Roll(1d20)+4:
    13,+4
    Total:17
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:39 pm

"Let us hope the dragon is too busy to bother with us," mumbles Clyde.

Stonewall's Stealth: (Disadvantage; Chain Mail & Shield) +0
    1) Result of the throw of dice "1d20" : 13
    2) Result of the throw of dice "1d20" : 8

Final Result: 8

Clyde "Stonewall" Ungartheim
    AC: 18
    HP: 10
    HD: 1d8
    Passive Perception: 12
    Speed: 25'
    Initiative: 0
    Stealth: 0 (Disadvantage)
    jasongiglio
    jasongiglio

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  jasongiglio Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:40 pm

Moon
    Stealth +5
    Roll 1d20

Roll(19) + 5= 24

Moon seems to know this river's nature a bit from the spring-water near the temple up high.
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:32 am

The newly formed party heads towards the river and cover of the bushes.  Party position is the BLUE arrow.

*TIP* click on the image to display it full screen. depending on your browser\phone settings, the forum might clip the right side of the image

The grass is always Greenest.... Greene14

Just before you make it to the river, you see a disturbing sight - the dragon is not alone!

You can see a large square building, made of fieldstone with a peaked slate roof.  It is taller than most of the other buildings in town.  It is surrounded by a low stone wall that is about 4 ft high in most places.  It was crafted from stacked river rocks.  It is either ornamental or perhaps for small livestock.  

Everyone can see two groups (red arrows) attacking this building.  The group at the front door appears to have 3 humanoids and 6 kobolds.  Two of the humanoids are operating a battering ram at the direction of the third.   The 6 kobolds are standing guard, but appear distracted anytime the dragon passes overhead.

The group at the backdoor has 2 humanoids and 6 kobolds.  The humanoids are lighting a fire and the kobolds are gathering\returning with hay.  The pathetic fire produces little flame but a lot of smoke.  The smoke obscures an area about 30 feet around the back door and the second group is lightly obscured, heavily obscured within 15ft of the back door.  

___________________________________________________________________________________________

@ everyone

please make a Perception roll or post your Passive Perception (PP) if you prefer

please make a Religion check,  if you would like
    __________________________________________________________________________________________

More information may be forthcoming depending on your rolls.   If you have another skill you want to use, just let me know!
    whit10
    whit10

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  whit10 Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:56 am

Titus Perception check:

Roll(1d20)+3:
    10,+3
    Total:13

Oh look, a shiny rock
    Chris
    Chris

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Chris Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:28 am

whit10 wrote:Titus Perception check:

Roll(1d20)+3:
    10,+3
    Total:13

Oh look, a shiny rock

13 is good for 1st level rookies cheers
    Robyo
    Robyo

Character Information
    Hit points:
    Action Points:
    Character Sheet:

Post  Robyo Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:31 pm

Clyde's Passive Perception is 12.
    He's actively looking around, wary of his surroundings.
    Active: Result of the throw of dice "1d20" : 7 + 4 = 11.

Even worse! LOL.

Religion check: Result of the throw of dice "1d20" : 13 + 4 = 17.

Clyde whispers to anyone near, "The people inside are in a bit of trouble. Shall we take the blokes at their back door?"

Clyde "Stonewall" Ungartheim
    AC: 18
    HP: 10
    HD: 1d8
    Passive Perception: 12
    Speed: 25'
    Initiative: 0
    Stealth: 0 (Disadvantage)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:02 am