Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Share
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:25 am

    whit10 wrote:Prone Actions
    When a character is prone (on the ground), he can move at ½ his
    normal speed and use abilities, although he suffers a -5 penalty on
    attack rolls when striking at a non-prone enemy. Conversely, nonprone
    creatures enjoy a +2 bonus on attack rolls to hit prone foes.

    Seriously!!!!????

    stand up and shoot once I guess. Goliath will stand up too (I gotta say that this is overly confusing... was Tommy thrown from his horse, couldn't he make a Handle Animal check to negate some of the damage or the effects? Just things I want to bring up)

    Roll(1d20)+4:
    18,+4
    Total:22

    Hits or something

    Roll(2d6)+3:
    6,1,+3
    Total:10

    yadda yadda

    It's been listed in this thread and the WW HOUSE RULES thread that prone characters gain +2 to all defenses against foes that are NOT adjacent. I guess it's easier to just complain than read the threads.

    Tommy hits yotie (2) and slays the beast.


    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:28 am

    Chris wrote:
    whit10 wrote:Prone Actions
    When a character is prone (on the ground), he can move at ½ his
    normal speed and use abilities, although he suffers a -5 penalty on
    attack rolls when striking at a non-prone enemy. Conversely, nonprone
    creatures enjoy a +2 bonus on attack rolls to hit prone foes.

    Seriously!!!!????

    stand up and shoot once I guess. Goliath will stand up too (I gotta say that this is overly confusing... was Tommy thrown from his horse, couldn't he make a Handle Animal check to negate some of the damage or the effects? Just things I want to bring up)


    Those prone rules seem normal and totally appropriate, for a melee situation. I wouldn't think firing a gun from prone would have any effect on the shooter in a negative way. In fact, snipers intentionally lay down to stabilize their rifle and reduce their profile to enemies.

    I would think that being prone would add +2 to +5 or so defense vs ranged attacks, like partial cover or something.

    Does Tommy have the talent related to mounted combat? if so, I would think he could attempt to negate that 1 attack.... if I recall that talent correctly

    I suppose I will allow a successful Acrobatics check for just 1/2 damage.

    *Sorry Auren didn't get this check when he was tripped from High Dollar earlier.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:31 am

    navyik wrote:"Bag! Zees ztooperd eediyote playing muah needz ah neew dahss reollaerrr..."


    Jp misses twice. Drops the carbine. Jumps outa the wagon with the dynamite. He is pissed...

    Sorry you got skipped.

    Give me an Acrobatics check for jumping out of the wagon.


    Auren is up...

    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3697
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:08 am

    Dude, this thread is 9 fucking pages long... sorry if I didn't catch that rules change. And trust me, that's not complaining
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:31 am

    whit10 wrote:Dude, this thread is 9 fucking pages long... sorry if I didn't catch that rules change. And trust me, that's not complaining

    which is why I made the WW HOUSE RULES thread Wink

    Robyo wrote:
    It's been listed in this thread and the WW HOUSE RULES thread that prone characters gain +2 to all defenses against foes that are NOT adjacent.

    Good foresight on the +2 to defense, but the other question is whether a character using a firearm should suffer an attack penalty from the prone position?

    A melee penalty, sure makes sense. Using a bow or throwing a wpn, sure makes sense. What about erasing the attack penalty for firearms only?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:36 am

    Auren takes another -1 vit 8\20 from the Primordial Howl

    Auren will again (move) stand up, at least he is getting a workout, right?

    And Rapid Attack the Alpha (-2 both swings)

    first swing vs FORT

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +7" :

    20 + 7 = 27

    CRIT - there we go!

    damage:
    Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +19" :

    5 + 5 + 19 = 29 +4 if evil, bypass any DR



    2nd swing on Alpha if he is still alive or another adjacent yotie
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +7" :

    13 + 7 = 20

    damage
    Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +19" :

    5 + 1 + 19 = 25 +4 if evil


    High Dollar will also rise and attack the same or nearest yotie with his hooves
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" :

    10 + 5 = 15

    if that hits
    esult of the throw of dice "2d6 +4" :

    2 + 2 + 4 = 8


    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +5" :

    13 + 5 = 18

    if that hits
    Result of the throw of dice "2d6 +4" :

    3 + 5 + 4 = 12
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:38 am

    The blue avenger gets more than that for which he bargained... undaunted, he activates his combat refkexes (swift action: ref+5=25) and stands to slash at his attackers. Roll of 1d20=8+9=17 against #7. If that hits 2d4+9 dmg=15.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:54 pm

    whit10 wrote:Dude, this thread is 9 fucking pages long... sorry if I didn't catch that rules change. And trust me, that's not complaining

    DM wants to be the complaining champ! tongue
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:08 pm

    Chris wrote:
    whit10 wrote:Dude, this thread is 9 fucking pages long... sorry if I didn't catch that rules change. And trust me, that's not complaining

    which is why I made the WW HOUSE RULES thread Wink

    Robyo wrote:
    It's been listed in this thread and the WW HOUSE RULES thread that prone characters gain +2 to all defenses against foes that are NOT adjacent.

    Good foresight on the +2 to defense, but the other question is whether a character using a firearm should suffer an attack penalty from the prone position?

    A melee penalty, sure makes sense. Using a bow or throwing a wpn, sure makes sense. What about erasing the attack penalty for firearms only?

    Concerning shooting firearms from a prone position: Grit and Perfect Aim will offset the -5 penalty. But those abilities are limited... I'd consider making Perfect Aim a one-time encounter ability, but the +10 is too powerful.

    New Gunslinger Ability:
    Sniper's Delight: As a move action, apply +5 bonus to your next attack roll. Costs 2 Vitality. Requires Firearms Focus.

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:29 pm

    back to the game (yes, this thread is getting long)...

    Auren kills yotie (1) with the first swing.
    Second swing hits (3) and kills him too.

    High Dollar's second hoof is a hit to (4) and he's wounded.


    Blue hits (7).


    Lou shoots twice at (4):
    1)miss
    2)hit, 4 damage.


    Farmer shoots and misses.


    Round 6:

    Coyote (5) lets out a howl. Immediately, the remaining yoties hightail it and run in all directions. Their first move is a shift, and their second move is full running, so they are 200' away at the end of their turn. Does anyone care to pursue?

    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3697
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:01 pm

    Thanks for the consideration of the Sniper's Delight. I will decline, the whole using vitality thing for combat is just stupid and I'm doing everything I can to avoid it. This isn't the Shadowrun magic system the last time I checked, doing things that normal shooters can do shouldn't cost health (or whatever vitality is supposed to be). When you don't regain vitality quickly at all and you go through it like cocaine in Vegas... it leads to dead characters very quickly IMO. Just my two cents.

    I do appreciate the consideration though
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3697
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:02 pm

    so lemme get this straight... a tiny blue goblin just showed up out of nowhere?
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:32 pm

    He is a little pointy-eared fellow with a blue mask, cape, tights, etc. He wipes off his bowie knife and sheathes it in the official blue avenger bowie knife sheath hanging at his waist. "Hi guys!" He says, walking eagerly toward the party like a love-starved puppy. He is noticeably fast for his size.

    Jp is checking to see if the woman is still alive... ( with one eye back toward his wagon to assure lou isnt trying to make off with it). cyclops

    Also nature check. D20 roll of 10+7=17 as to the yoties
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:19 pm

    Auren will join JP in checking for injuries on the farmers.

    Marshall dismisses the blue goblin, "Time for you to be on your way, little fella, move along before those coyotes come back."
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:08 am

    "But i can help ya! C'mon, please please please!!!???" He shows off his karate moves... "the blue avenger strikes fear into the hearts of evildoers and exacts swift retribution upon the enemies of dogooders!" More karate moves. Very Happy
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3697
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:23 am

    If this blue creature looks at Tommy at all, he is confronted by a look of shear terror and utter loathing...
    "Ah... don't... like... dwarves!" this is done with both pistols slowly rising from being pointed at the ground
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:46 am

    "The blue avenger is not a dwarf!" (Then more privately) "i dont much care for dwarves either. They werent very nice to me at all... cant figure out why...i thought i was being polite!" Shocked he ignores the pistols but the look of loathing is a little hurtful. Crying or Very sad
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3697
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:20 am

    A shot at his feet.

    Tommy is now visibly trembling with rage and fear.. "Dwarf!!!"
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:52 am

    "Where?!" Ba looks around ready to dodge thrown stones. (Full defense with ptsd).
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:35 am

    The woman is unconscious and quickly dying.

    The farmer joins the heroes at the woman's side. "Oh, poor Bethany. Is there any hope? Curse my feeble firearms skills! Those dang curs must've sniffed out our wagon. See, we'd butchered our prize steers and were on the way to the market in Pestilence. But our wagon got stuck on a rock and then them coyotes came out of nowhere. My name's Elroy Brown. Thank you for your assistance."

    JP's Nature check reveals the dire coyotes are gone until they can determine who is the new alpha of their pack.



    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:14 am

    "Zee yoies hahnt ahs ahgyen sooon. We gahdda get her een zee
    wagon." Jp pulls his wagon up next to theirs, and begins shoving things around in back to make room for mamouselle and as much if their stuff as he can load. He is not a healer. But he can give them a ride.

    Ba-"hey, i can help you!"

    Jp-"zhut ahp! Ah deu naht lahk yeu!"
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:29 am

    Auren will use Lay on Hands on the rancher's wife

    Result of the throw of dice "1d8 +4" :

    5 + 4 = 9

    and Heal skill if more is needed
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +8" :

    17 + 8 = 25


    If that stabilizes her, Marshall Sparks will try to avoid another fight, "ok, ease down Tommy. Look little guy, do you want to help? I mean really do something important, like saving lives?"
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:08 am

    With delusions of grandeur,"the blue avenger is a champion of liberty and life!"
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:46 am

    navyik wrote:With delusions of grandeur,"the blue avenger is a champion of liberty and life!"

    With equal amounts of grandeur and pomp, Auren says to the blue avenger, "I am Auren Sparkxenthrax, Marshall of Pestilence County Arizona. By the powers vested in me by the State of Arizona, I hereby Deputize you into the service of Arizona!"

    Auren will touch his shoulders with his greatsword, carefully.

    "Now my young deputy, your first assignment is to protect the Life and Liberty of the good people of Arizona. You must escort this rancher, his injured wife and their wagon to Pestilence. Be alert! The road ahead is full of dangers, we have seen Dire Coyotes, bandits, air ships with lightning guns and strange creatures from other worlds."

    Auren continues, "When these people are safe, find yourself some lodgings and await our return. We will be back by tomorrow and then we can discuss your next mission." A

    Auren remembers hearing a post rider talking and encourages him, "Neither rain, nor sleet, nor dark of night will stay you from your course. Now go!"

    Auren says to the rancher, "Go quickly, try to reach Pestilence before nightfall. May Paledine go with you."

    To Tommy, JP and Lou, "Let's go"
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:44 pm

    The blue avenger revels in the patronizing wild goose chase given to him by the marshall. "Deputized!" His eyes grow wide with joy. He has never even been accepted before... "the blue avenger will succeed or die." As they are leaving he glares at tommy.."see! Not a dwarf!"
    Evil or Very Mad
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:41 pm

    Bethany is stabilized, bandaged and resting.

    Elroy is equally thankful for the adventurers help, and in awe of their powers and prowess. He offers them as much of the fresh-cut beef as they wish.

    Looking at Blue Avenger queerly, he says, "I think he's more like an imp. Weird-lookin feller, no doubt." Then he gets on bended knee before the goblin, and bows low. "I am indebted to you sir. You saved the life of my dearest. One second later, and she'd of been torn to shreds."

    Getting back up, he looks at the wagon in disgust. "Ain't got much hope of getting the meat to market now. This load of was supposed to bring in much needed coin. Don't know how we're gonna pay off Bossman now."

    Robyo wrote:A pack of four of the beasts are busy eating the remains of horses still roped to the wagon.
    So basically, their wagon is stranded at the moment. A front wheel is damaged and their horses are half-eaten. JP said he'd give them a ride. The two cut up steers will take up much room in JP's wagon.

    What is the party's next move?



    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:38 pm

    The Marshall offers a suggestion, "JP, let Elroy drive your wagon to town. Let's transfer the meat to your wagon. The Blue Avenger will guard them, Bethany needs to get to Doc McCarty as soon as possible."

    Thinking about all the balloon parts, "I know you want the balloon, but if we leave those parts here, coyotes aren't going to eat them, so we can always come back for them tomorrow."

    "JP, you could always drive your wagon back to town with the rest, I suppose, but I would prefer to have your gun and knowledge of the wilds with us. We seem to keep coming across strange.... events."
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:40 pm

    Jp waivers between chivalry, selfishness, guilt, and libertineism... finally settling on guilt. "Eh... ogay, batd we hahd zee baloon stahff awaiee frahm zee pahth." (Firmly). "Yeu! Leetail guyee! Yeu ztayee outa mah ztahff, eh! Ah maig yeur zkeen eentoo ah peelow cgase!" Evil or Very Mad
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:41 pm

    When i get some time tonight i will rearange what jp has on his person vs. What is on the wagon.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:52 pm

    navyik wrote:Jp waivers between chivalry, selfishness, guilt, and libertineism... finally settling on guilt. "Eh... ogay, batd we hahd zee baloon stahff awaiee frahm zee pahth." (Firmly). "Yeu! Leetail guyee! Yeu ztayee outa mah ztahff, eh! Ah maig yeur zkeen eentoo ah peelow cgase!" Evil or Very Mad

    Marshall Sparks tips his hat to JP, "I don't always understand your words, but your deeds speak well."
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:19 pm

    "Paledine betdair protaikt mah ztahff." He spins off with an armload of crap to hide off of the path. To tommy, "yeu! Ztab zhaking een yeur boodts ahnd carrrry zahm sheet, no? Hee eez ah leetail peepzqueek, eh? Wadt kahnd ahv cgowboie ahr yeu, eh?" Then he cusses a streak in french as he walks off. pirat
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3697
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:44 pm

    Once the goblin is out of site... "psst, Marshall, did you see a little blue dwarf around here? I had a bad experience with short folks once upon a time... ever heard the story of Gulliver?" Tommy looks somewhat more calm but is already re-loading his pistols and then checks out Goliath's injuries.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:37 pm

    whit10 wrote:Once the goblin is out of site... "psst, Marshall, did you see a little blue dwarf around here? I had a bad experience with short folks once upon a time... ever heard the story of Gulliver?" Tommy looks somewhat more calm but is already re-loading his pistols and then checks out Goliath's injuries.

    Auren replies, "I.... err... Gulliver? no.....well, um.... I guess after the last 2 days, nothing should surprise me. Tell me about it over a drink sometime?"

    Auren wonders to himself, "was he a dwarf.... I thought he was a child," shrug
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:42 pm

    Okay, so the plan seems to be:
    Elroy and Blue will ride back to town in JP's wagon. They will be carrying Bethany, the butchered meat, and whatever else they might need.

    JP is stashing the hot-air balloon parts and other stuff away from the road, hidden from view.


    My only questions are, how is JP traveling? What about Lou? What is the marching order?


    It is yet another half-hour ride to Biggs' ranch.

    Looking at the sun, the adventurers figure the time now is about 8:00am.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:45 am

    Lou and JP can walk, or I suppose ride bitch on Goliath and High Dollar. Walking to the ranch will take longer too.


    Then they hear, not far off in the distance, the howling of a great many coyotes gathering together.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:36 am

    Jp looks at the marshal and says, "maybie we nadt zpleeting ahp zo zoon, no? Eef we stayee moveeng togazair maybie zey naht keel jean-paul ahnd luciee," indicating his draft horses. Jp pulls the cover down on the wagon. "Louiee, weel yeu rahd een zee bahk ahnd zhoot?" Then to the farmer, yeu gatda drahv...dondt bregk ah weel zees tahm."

    Is mamouselle conscious and able ti take actions? If so, "eef zey getd cleowz teu zeh heuorzes toss zem ah leetail zlahss of zeh freazh meat, no?"

    "Eef yeu leezain teu jacque-pierre, maybee we zervahve, eh?" king

    Perception roll if 8+16=24. Distance and direction of the pack?

    "And what should i do?!" The blue avenger eagerly asks.
    "Shoodt zehm, no?" (Duh...)
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:25 am

    Puzzled at JP's strange jargon, Elroy says, "You must be one of them Eeropans. Sure do talk funny, anyhow."

    "You get used to him," replies Lou. "Just don't ask him about the Brits."

    Beth is feeling much better. She digs out a pouch of chewing tobacco and crams a fist-load of the stuff in her mouth. Her arm is in a sling, but she manages reloading her double-barrel shotgun one-handed. Then she spits on the ground. "Them varmints killed my favorite horse. Let 'em come on back. I'll make my money back with their pelts."
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:56 am

    Jp will light his pipe and hold his tripple-sticks of dynamite and carbine in his lap. He will ready an action to light and throw as the yoties close (but before they get into melee). The blue avenger will ride in back with lou and ready an action to use magic missle at a range of 90' (both missles on the point yotie).
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:19 am

    The Marshall interrupts, "Whoa, just hold yer horses, we are sticking with the plan. I am going to Bossman Biggs ranch with Tommy and I am not taking innocent people into harm's way. Elroy, Bethany and the little feller are going to town, no questions."

    Auren thinks a bit more and adds, "If Lou and JP want to ride back to town in the wagon, that is up to you. We have already unloaded the balloon, loaded up the meat and the wagon is heading to Pestilence with the people."

    Auren looks at the Blue Avenger, "Remember, the first duty of a Deputy is to protect the people. Get these ranchers to town and ask Deputy Kerr to post a warning about coyotes in this area."

    Auren pats High Dollar, "You don't mind a second rider for 30 minutes do ya? We'll figure something out for the ride home."

    Or we can just walk, 30 minute ride is maybe what 2 hrs walking?
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:27 am

    "Heh heh... zee yoties gannah be bagk een have zaht tahm ahnd zey gahnna tragk zee wagon wees zeh meat ahnd keel ze farmaers. Yeu wanna zpleet ahp zen we gadta leave zeh meat here for zee yoties."
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:31 am

    Auren scratches his scaley chin, "You know JP, that is good idea. What if we leave about half the meat here as bait? Make a run for town with the other half, but if you see or hear the coyotes closing in on the wagon again, just dump the rest of the meat. Beef isn't worth your lives."
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3697
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  whit10 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:02 am

    "shit, you got any poison in that wagon o' yers? poison the meat if yer gonna leave it behind" says Tommy as he finishes loading the big rifle
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:09 am

    whit10 wrote:"shit, you got any poison in that wagon o' yers? poison the meat if yer gonna leave it behind" says Tommy as he finishes loading the big rifle

    "A fine suggestion. JP - you got anything toxic in your wagon?"
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:03 pm

    "Gotd no poizahn... keels all zee bairds ahnd leezards," (shooting a grin at the marshal).
    pirat
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2783
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Robyo on Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:15 pm

    The coyotes are still out-of-sight. They were heard about 300 yards past the ridge-line, east of the road.

    Elroy speaks up, "We don't got poison, but we've got plenty of salt. Helps preserve the meat." Seeing JP's dynamite, he says, "Maybe you could wire a bomb or trap of some kind."

    Lou says, "I reckon them yoties are all uppity cause of the smell of the meat, not to mention the easy pickings of a stalled-out wagon. Split up or no, if we give them some beef, as bait or a diversion, they might leave us alone. But if it's all the same to you folks, I'd rather tag along to the ranch. Feel like there's a lot of explaining for me to do."


    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:57 pm

    "Ah knoow yeu wandt, hoew yeu zay, waht eez baeist for zem, boodts," re-establishing the marshzls nickname, "bahtd zeh leeve een zee waezt zo zeh cahn maegk zehr ohwn dezcisiones, no? Zees eez zee geood sing een ahmearrrika, ha ha! Vive la libertey!"
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:50 pm

    Robyo wrote:
    Lou says, "I reckon them yoties are all uppity cause of the smell of the meat, not to mention the easy pickings of a stalled-out wagon. Split up or no, if we give them some beef, as bait or a diversion, they might leave us alone. But if it's all the same to you folks, I'd rather tag along to the ranch. Feel like there's a lot of explaining for me to do."

    "Sounds good Lou, I would prefer to have someone who knows the ranch with us."

    navyik wrote:"Ah knoow yeu wandt, hoew yeu zay, waht eez baeist for zem, boodts," re-establishing the marshzls nickname, "bahtd zeh leeve een zee waezt zo zeh cahn maegk zehr ohwn dezcisiones, no? Zees eez zee geood sing een ahmearrrika, ha ha! Vive la libertey!"

    "Er.... does that mean you are coming with me, Tommy and Lou to the ranch or going back to the city in the wagon with Elroy, Bethany and the blue fella?" attempting a poor imitation, "Eez ups too yew" he says with a wink.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:29 pm

    Woops; i thought that was elroy trying to go back to the ranch... jp is pretty sure the farmers are dead as doornails if we split up but his conscience is clear having spoken his peace. He will go to biggs ranch and let the others go where they choose. Hes not sure how to boobie trap with dynamite. Definitely a thing to look into.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4904
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Chris on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:37 pm

    navyik wrote: jp is pretty sure the farmers are dead as doornails if we split up

    cheers I have faith in the powers of the mighty Blue Avenger Twisted Evil

    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2697
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  navyik on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:42 pm

    The ba is likely the most survivable character in the game.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Pt. 2: "The Journey to Biggs Ranch"

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:36 am