Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Login or Register
Smoke and Thunder Gaming

Gaming Room

Dice - http://dicelog.com

D20 SRD - http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Pathfinder SRD - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Modern SRD - http://www.d20moderndb.com/game-rules/d20-modern-srd

Pando - http://www.pando.com/

Dropbox - http://www.dropbox.com/

Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/


    The Prestige

    Share
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3640
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:38 pm

    So as to not get caught unawares....

    Enhance Ability:

    Roll(1d20)+9:
    14,+9
    Total:23

    +4 to Dex. Vitality 63/66

    Stealth Check afterwords,

    Roll(1d20)+6:
    17,+6
    Total:23
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:40 am

    Robyo wrote: The wookie activates his stealth and force shields.
    Sharn stealth check:
    19+9=28
    Irwin stealth:
    4+13=17

    Just FYI remember....... each one only lasts 1 minute, they are more like in-combat buffs, not long sustained use.  The Stealth field grants +10 to stealth checks, with no penalty for moving.

    whit10 wrote:
    Enhance Ability:
    Roll(1d20)+9:
    14,+9
    Total:23
    +4 to Dex.  Vitality 63/66

    The heroes creep along at half speed, being very quiet and sneaky, into the den of the crystal-mutated tuskbeats.  The dark cave is littered with bones and smells of death.  The Tuskbeasts take notice of the party, but don't seem threatened or react to their presence.  The travel is slow due to the uneven rocks and descending tunnel, not to mention the dwindling light inside the dark cave.

    Thana whisperes, "I never made it inside, fascinating....."

    The Heroes can see smaller side burrows that look like dens and lesser side passages.  The main tunnel begins to change and the heroes notice more and more of the dark purple crystals growing from the walls.

    After 1 minute of walking into the cave, Sharn's Stealth field and Force field devices run out of power and Daxx's EA wears off.



    do you want to proceed into the crystal part of the cave or search the side passages?
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  navyik on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:59 am

    The denser crystal population would seem to be the trail to follow.

    Is it dark enough to use nightvision gear?

    Survival 9+5=14 tracking
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Robyo on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:07 pm

    "After 1 minute of walking into the cave, Sharn's Stealth field and Force field devices run out of power and Daxx's EA wears off."

    Really GM? Really??? If I'd known that it only lasted one minute, wouldn't have activated it yet.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:08 pm

    navyik wrote:The denser crystal population would seem to be the trail to follow.  

    Is it dark enough to use nightvision gear?

    Survival 9+5=14 tracking

    night vision gear or lamps would certainly help
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:13 pm

    Robyo wrote:
    Really GM? Really??? If I'd known that it only lasted one minute, wouldn't have activated it yet.

    Really player, Really???  you can't read replies posted to you 2 days ago.....  


    Chris wrote:
    Robyo wrote:Force field and stealth field added to Sharn's gear... Can he use an external power supply on them?


    Realistically, the Force Field and the Stealth Field would take some time to remove from the armor, since they are integrated..... but since it isn't much fun to get a toy you can't play with..... yes, they both just need power packs.  1 power pack (cheap) will power a device for 1 minute of continual use, so 10 rounds, they don't have to be used all at once, of course.  Let's say there are 20 power packs on the Gunship, since all blasters use them too.



    just replace the power packs.   Now you have 18 from the gunship  Rolling Eyes
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Robyo on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:19 pm

    Well, you did post a reminder, with absolutely no time to absorb it or respond. But whatever.

    While I'm sure you'd love to see Sharn burn through all the batteries before we even begin an encounter, I think he'll hold off on the shields.

    Sharn's stealth (without the buff): 18
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:24 pm

    Robyo wrote:Well, you did post a reminder, with absolutely no time to absorb it or respond. But whatever.

    While I'm sure you'd love to see Sharn burn through all the batteries before we even begin an encounter, I think he'll hold off on the shields.

    Sharn's stealth (without the buff): 18

     Razz I'm not out to get your wookie. They are more like scrolls of Shield and Inviso, you wouldn't walk through the entire dungeon trying to keep 1 min buff spells active the whole time. They are meant to be used in combat or just before it starts. It's ok, Josh doesn't listen either about EA.  Rolling Eyes 
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:28 pm

    anyways....  Rakhu guides the party deeper into the crystal caves.  The crystals (purple, not what is pictured) get larger and denser.  The cave is becoming more cavernous as you go deeper as well.



    Perception checks please
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  navyik on Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:19 pm

    Perception 19+9=28

    If rakhu sees anything changing he will give the "halt" hand signal.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Robyo on Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:25 pm

    Perception...

    Sharn:
    7+6=13

    Irwin:
    4+20=24


    Nice pix, BTW  cyclops 
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3640
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:27 pm

    ... excuse me? Josh doesn't listen to what now? Why do you think I didn't bother to bitch or say anything? I was fully aware of the duration and just wanted to use it as we entered. It's all good on my end. Of course, Chris loves to try and rile me up when I'm too far away to thump him... dick! Wink

    Perception... Dick!

    Roll(1d20)+3:
    14,+3
    Total:17
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:52 pm

    whit10 wrote:... excuse me?  Josh doesn't listen to what now?  Why do you think I didn't bother to bitch or say anything?  I was fully aware of the duration and just wanted to use it as we entered.  It's all good on my end.  Of course, Chris loves to try and rile me up when I'm too far away to thump him... dick!  Wink

     lol!  yup and after 20+yrs it is still good fun!  afro 


    I think the perception DC was..... oh yeah, 18, so Dick, er Daxx doesn't notice anything.  tongue 

    Still waiting on T'son, but Sharn and Rakhu can hear noises echoing through the cavern. It sounds like metal striking rock, men talking in an unintelligible language, grunting, rock scraping on rock and some animal noises.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2345
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  MAS on Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:31 pm

    Perception -

    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +11" :

    7 + 11 = 18
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:34 pm

    Chris wrote:
    T'son, Sharn and Rakhu can hear noises echoing through the cavern.  It sounds like metal striking rock, men talking in an unintelligible language, grunting, rock scraping on rock and some animal noises.

    any actions or just continue forward?
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2345
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  MAS on Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:02 pm

    Comlinks - are they like earbud style stealthy things or big handheld walk-talky things?
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:10 pm

    MAS wrote:Comlinks - are they like earbud style stealthy things or big handheld walk-talky things?

    think about the movies....

    C3PO and Luke used these in ANH



    Qui-gonn used this in PM



    and Anakin had this fashionable piece, circa Flash Gordon


    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2345
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  MAS on Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:16 pm

    Tson taps the closest party member on the shoulder, leans in close to whisper "Sounds like a mining operation ahead, pass it on".
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:28 pm

    MAS wrote:Tson taps the closest party member on the shoulder, leans in close to whisper "Sounds like a mining operation ahead, pass it on".

    Thana nods. She leans forward and whispers to Daxx, "Sounds leak meaning of perforated heads. Pass it on"
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  navyik on Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:48 pm

    Rakhu was thinking mining too. Rakhu will signal a halt. (His comlink is military grade. (Only requires a whisper and has a sneaky earpiece). He will creep up alone either until he sees something new or gets near to out of sight of the party.
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Robyo on Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:33 pm

    Sharn and Irwin will wait quietly for Rakhu to report back. Full defense.
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:32 pm

    navyik wrote:Rakhu was thinking mining too.  Rakhu will signal a halt.  (His comlink is military grade.  (Only requires a whisper and has a sneaky earpiece).  He will creep up alone either until he sees something new or gets near to out of sight of the party.

    Probably just built into his helmet  pirat 


    Rakhu creeps ahead, though he quickly realizes that the caverns must be carrying the sounds, as he doesn't see anything directly ahead.  Rakhu motions the party forward and the heroes proceed deeper into the crystal caves.   The temperature is dropping the deeper underground the heroes travel, though it seems to be hovering just in the high 30s.   The crystals continue to grow in size.



    Rakhu leads the heroes through a zone of very large crystals.  Then the crystals begin to thin out in density, though they remain as large monoliths.  The party gets the feeling they have just passed through the outer layer of an enormous Geode.



    The "mining" sounds continue to get louder and Rakhu again halts the party.  Ahead he can see several Nikto on primitive scaffolding working on a stone-carved archway.  Another Nikto is driving a pair of crystal-mutated Ronto's who are pulling a load of tools in a massive rickshaw.  There are more crystals than shown in the final picture below.



    Perception checks and actions?
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  navyik on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:50 pm

    2+9=11 perception. Pulling out electro binoculars. Range to the miners? How many possible paths between us and them. Any non-nikto around? theyre not usually this co-ordinated without someone holding their leashes...
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:53 pm

    navyik wrote:2+9=11 perception.  Pulling out electro binoculars. Range to the miners?  How many possible paths between us and them.  Any non-nikto around?  theyre not usually this co-ordinated without someone holding their leashes...

    Let's say 50m would be the farthest away that you could stop and see them. You are in 1 enormous cavern, but there are lots of monolith purple crystals which could create paths.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  navyik on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:53 pm

    Military comlink. Heroes guide p. 123
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  navyik on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:56 pm

    Rakhu gestures toward the shadows made by vaccancies or any dimmer rocks.
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3640
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:06 am

    Daxx is looking for a place to peer around and make a See Force check, but will wait for the go-ahead from Rakhu
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:13 am

    navyik wrote:Rakhu gestures toward the shadows made by vaccancies or any dimmer rocks.

    Stealth checks if anyone wants to move

    and don't forget the perception checks from all Wink

    I think I have Rakhu's
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3640
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:20 am

    Stealth, then Perception:

    Roll(1d20)+4:
    14,+4
    Total:18

    Roll(1d20)+3:
    16,+3
    Total:19
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Robyo on Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:11 am

    Perception...

    Sharn:
    7+15=22

    Irwin:
    4+14=18


    Sharn will stay by Thana. Full Defense. Waiting for scouts to report back.

    Irwin flies up high in the shadows to get a better look.
    Stealth:
    4+12=16
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:33 am

    Irwin quietly buzzes behind a rock formation and Daxx creeps behind a crystal monolith.

    whit10 wrote: Daxx is looking for a place to peer around and make a See Force check, but will wait for the go-ahead from Rakhu

    go ahead with See Force - read the skill, which application are you using?


    Perception check results:

    Daxx and Sharn notice that all the Nikto workers are wearing variations of the Sith dark purple crystal artifacts\jewelry.  They are dressed in random clothes, not uniforms or specifically 'mining' gear.  In fact, some seem to wearing clothes that are heavily worn and ragged.

    In regards to the stone archway, like below



    You notice that it is indeed a new construction, not archaeological uncovering of an ancient structure.  However, it is being built using primitive tools and techniques.  For example, the picks and trowels are just metal, not vibro.  The Nikto are using a soft wood (like bamboo) scaffolding, not repulsor platforms.  They are moving rocks with Rontos (big dinos, as seen in PM) not repulsor-carts.

    actions?
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  navyik on Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:16 pm

    We're in no rush. Electrobinoculars: any other Entrances? Where are they taking things to and from.
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2345
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  MAS on Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:42 pm

    Perception:
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +11" :

    11 + 11 = 22



    Stealth:
    Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +6" :

    10 + 6 = 16

    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3640
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:01 pm

    Sorry Chris, didn't bring my external drive with me... can't remember the numbers and what not for See Force.

    Basically, he wants to look for other force users (just in case the 'ole sithy-sith are present).
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2345
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  MAS on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:36 pm

    Since we are specifying comlink types - I reckon that Tson has the same tactical style that Rahku is wearing.

    "Theory: They are constructing a temple on what appears to be an advantageous location. Something is barring them from using modern technology in area, most likely the force attuned crystals. If we are going to engage them, we should consider pulling them away from that area prior to attempting to use our weapons. Thoughts?"
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:06 pm

    navyik wrote:We're in no rush.  Electrobinoculars:  any other Entrances?  Where are they taking things to and from.

    You are in the main cavern, so there is the way you came in and then 'deeper' into the cavern.  They appear to be coming from deeper in the cavern.  They are bringing cut\shaped stones (for building), tools and workers.


    whit10 wrote:Sorry Chris, didn't bring my external drive with me... can't remember the numbers and what not for See Force.

    Basically, he wants to look for other force users (just in case the 'ole sithy-sith are present).

    Right, so the 2 uses are checking a person to see if they are\not a Force User and their relative strength compared to you.  Other use is like Luke on Dagobah - that cave feels... cold.

    Not sure about range, but go ahead and make your roll and select a target.

    MAS wrote:Since we are specifying comlink types - I reckon that Tson has the same tactical style that Rahku is wearing.  

    you guys are no fun  tongue 

    MAS wrote:  "Theory: They are constructing a temple on what appears to be an advantageous location.

    It does look like a temple  farao
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  navyik on Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:30 pm

    I will bet its the worms...
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3640
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:04 pm

    Nevermind.

    I'll be able to comment tonight but my worthless and genetically inferior left foot gets surgery tomorrow. I'll probably be out for a day or so as far as comments.. depends on the pain killers.
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  navyik on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:21 pm

    Is the ground rock or dirt or sand? Are there any roosts up above we could access for prolonged observation... Stakeout?
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2345
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  MAS on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:24 pm

    navyik wrote:Is the ground rock or dirt or sand?  Are there any roosts up above we could access for prolonged observation... Stakeout?

    We could also use that for a cover-by-fire position...
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:04 pm

    whit10 wrote:
    I'll be able to comment tonight but my worthless and genetically inferior left foot gets surgery tomorrow.  I'll probably be out for a day or so as far as comments.. depends on the pain killers.

    Ok, since this is all just scouting and set up, we will keep going.  I will wait for you before we start the final fight.  It seems the party is being uncharacteristically cautious  scratch

    navyik wrote:Is the ground rock or dirt or sand?  Are there any roosts up above we could access for prolonged observation... Stakeout?

    Take a look at the earlier post with all 3 pictures.  I would say there would be some large crystal monoliths you could climb up and get on top of.  

    The ground here is solid rock and\or crystal, not sand like the deep desert.

     study dice go flying behind a GM screen  study All the Force Users, perhaps because of the proximity of the crystals feel a stronger connection to the Force and can sense, per the skill See Force (pg98 if you want to read), the currents and emmanations of the Froce.  You all sense the  presence of an extremely powerful Force User within your range (600m).  You all can see faint lines of glowing energy, almost like a spider's web connecting faintly to all the workers touching them at the location of their crystal artifact, the energy web seems to also touch all the crystal monoliths and coalesce back into a thicker main cable that runs deeper into the cavern and out of sight.  

    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3640
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:43 am

    oh shit, no wonder the Sith are interested
    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Robyo on Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:13 am

    Sharn stays put, waiting for more tactical news and a plan. He pets the tuskbeast. Full Defense.

    Irwin will fly deeper into the caves/mines. Scouting it out, he sticks to the shadows.

    Perception: 4+14=18

    Stealth: 4+10=14

    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:31 am

    Robyo wrote:Sharn stays put, waiting for more tactical news and a plan. He pets the tuskbeast. Full Defense.

    Irwin will fly deeper into the caves/mines. Scouting it out, he sticks to the shadows.

    Perception: 4+14=18

    Stealth: 4+10=14


    After a couple minutes, Irwin reports back that the cavern you are currently in, ends in about 50-100m.  It opens into a vast cave.  Irwin reports 100s of Nikto laborers constructing buildings, statues, etc.  Irwin says "Crikey, boss!  It looks like they are building a city inside a massive Geode."

    Irwin can't see the far side of the Geode interior, it is out of visual range, possibly 100s of meters across.  Irwin doesn't think there are enough good hiding places to move across the open ground unseen.

    Irwin sends back a grainy image from just inside....



    it is obviously not "open air" like the above picture, but that style architecture.  The massive crystal monoliths are also part of the construction and appear to be providing illumination.  So it has this kind of effect when you look at it

    avatar
    Robyo

    Posts : 2758
    Join date : 2012-04-29

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    93/93  (93/93)
    Action Points:
    9/9  (9/9)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Robyo on Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:24 pm

    Considering all this new stuff that's come to light, maybe we should rethink our objective? We're obviously outnumbered... and there's far more going on down here than just a few force-attuned tuskbeasts. Any votes to skeedaddle back and report our findings to the Republic?
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  navyik on Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:32 pm

    Such a wise plan may be more realistic, but less fun. I know... player knowledge but... "The princess is here? Han, we gotta rescue her! She's riiiiiich..."
    avatar
    navyik

    Posts : 2657
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    51/88  (51/88)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  navyik on Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:43 pm

    Rakhu whispers his proposed plan, "we are beyond my mission protocol. This is daxx's lead now. But i believe if we keep a tight formation we can move as one and make our way to cut the head off of this mess. Its a hive. We hunt the queen."

    (If we Move and act together all delaying actions to the lowest party members initiative, our formation is never broken.)

    "Thana, would you like a weapon?"
    avatar
    whit10

    Posts : 3640
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    19/19  (19/19)
    Action Points:
    1/0  (1/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  whit10 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:44 pm

    yeah... I'd say that we just need to be really smart about how we play it. Caution would be best but I think we can pull this off.

    Just my two cents
    avatar
    MAS
    Admin

    Posts : 2345
    Join date : 2011-09-12

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Action Points:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  MAS on Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:26 pm

    Sharn is right on!

    "This is getting way beyond the abilities of such a small team." observes T'son. "My mission is to deny any further access to these crystal artifacts by the Sith. I advise that we should slip back out, contact the Republic, and call down an orbital bombardment on this nest of filth."
    avatar
    Chris

    Posts : 4845
    Join date : 2011-10-26

    Character Information
    Hit points:
    137/137  (137/137)
    Action Points:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Sheet:

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Chris on Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:29 pm

    navyik wrote:Rakhu whispers his proposed plan, "we are beyond my mission protocol. This is daxx's lead now. But i believe if we keep a tight formation we can move as one and make our way to cut the head off of this mess. Its a hive. We hunt the queen."

    I always enjoy your analysis! good reading cheers spoken like a true hero

    navyik wrote: "Thana, would you like a weapon?"

    Thana looks hesitantly at Rakhu's arsenal. "Honestly, I am afraid that I would just shoot myself in the foot with one of those. Or worse yet, hit one of you. Besides....." She smiles and grabs Sharn's bicep, "I have the mighty Sharnralkin protecting me."

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Prestige

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:16 pm